Official PC thread.

Done watching various 1080ti reviews.

Welp, I'm sold on the 1080ti.
Titan X Pascal and GTX 1080 Ti build on the vanilla 1080's excellent performance, adding the additional overhead required to get the job done on a range of the latest games. It's possible to enjoy full native 4K resolution with 60fps gameplay on the likes of Forza Horizon 3, Battlefield 1, Gears of War 4, Titanfall 2 and Watch Dogs 2 with only minimal tweaking - and the experience is nothing short of epic.

Copped the XPS 15 9560. Gonna throw Linux on my old Vaio and try to still get some use out of it. Any opinions on Ubuntu or Mint?

Here's my collection of parts so far. Just need to pick up a video card and case. Thinking either the Node 202 or Silverstone RVZ02B. Need them thangs to go on sale.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kKynCy

• CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $161.08)
  • Motherboard: MSI B250I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard (Purchased For $83.41)
  • Memory: PNY Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (Purchased For $68.90)
  • Storage: Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
  • Storage: Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
  • Power Supply: Corsair SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply (Purchased For $65.41)
  • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $0.00)
  • Monitor: Dell U2412M 24.0" 1920x1200 60Hz Monitor (Purchased For $0.00)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K750 Wireless Slim Keyboard ($0.00)
  • Mouse: Logitech M705 Wireless Laser Mouse ($0.00)

Total: $378.80

CPU + MB + RAM + PSU = $378.80 all after taxes and rebates. Wish Newegg wasn't based in CA.

All the peripherals and SSD/HDD are gonna be recycled.

Just ordered a 1050 ti and Node 202. Think I should be good to go with my HTPC/NTPC :evil:

Last edited:
If anybody has old parts they don't want let me know. I'm planning the most budget friendly mini ITX Intel processor based build ever.

Upgraded to a sony 4k tv. I prefer tvs over monitors.

It had good ratings for monitor use on rtings.com and it has pretty low input lag(33ms).

As a monitor? Wall mounted? How close are you to it?
I used the wrong terminlogy. I meant the other way around. I use my pc like a console. So I have my pc hooked up living room style and sit maybe 5ft away from it.

I wanted to do wall mounting years ago with my 1080p tv, but I didn't want to invest in the time to learn how to do it.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^ Nice iYen! I was thinking of selling my RX480 and upgrading, but realized how much I actually game. The investment wouldn't be worth it.

Thought we were NT fambz :smh:

Already bought a GPU anyway. I'm just like Jewel. I don't ever game anyway and just bought a 1050 ti for the bare minimum stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom