Official PC thread.

my bad but i know so little about computers. had the same one since 2002 and only got a laptop in 2013/4 and just now really using it
-where can i download microsoft word for free?
-also i'm pretty sure my battery is dead because even at 100 percent if i take out the cable it shuts off. would it be easier/cheaper to buy a new battery and install it myself or take it somewhere and have someone do it for me?

Last edited:
Even on competitive FPS?
Even on BF4, but I don't play competitive FPS often.
I get wrecked tho. 

It's because of input lag man. Trust me. I bought a LG 4k TV a couple years ago and tried to play Oli Oli (game that requires quick responses, like competitive online games do...) and it was damn near impossible. Did a little research, exchanged for this Samsung JU7100, put it in game mode and it made a world of a difference. It's one of those things that you don't notice until you've experienced the better side of things, and you may not ever know about until someone tells you. Not to mention, you get way cleaner text on monitors.

Just a little advice.

Has the same pcb as the gaming x, so I went with it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Louder than my rx480 and got up to 84 degrees running FH3.

Other than that, visuals are stunning.
It's because of input lag man. Trust me. I bought a LG 4k TV a couple years ago and tried to play Oli Oli (game that requires quick responses, like competitive online games do...) and it was damn near impossible. Did a little research, exchanged for this Samsung JU7100, put it in game mode and it made a world of a difference. It's one of those things that you don't notice until you've experienced the better side of things, and you may not ever know about until someone tells you. Not to mention, you get way cleaner text on monitors.

Just a little advice.
I've played bf4 on a monitor and still got wrecked.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Any of you guys use Xbox controllers on pc? I'm trying to figure out if you they work wirelessly or need to be hard wired to the pc.

Any of you guys use Xbox controllers on pc? I'm trying to figure out if you they work wirelessly or need to be hard wired to the pc.

Both, hook up the controller with a micro USB to the PC and it will automatically download the drivers. For Bluetooth you need the Xbox wireless adapter for it to pair i believe.

With the xb1 controlelr adapter, you can hook up earbuds to the controller for audio playback.

If you hook up the controller via bluetooth, there's no audio playback and you can only hook up 1 controller to your pc.

Whereas the xb1 adapter supports mutiple xb1 controllers.

If interested, the xb1 adapter takes less time to sync the controller in comparison to bluetooth.

With the xb1 controlelr adapter, you can hook up earbuds to the controller for audio playback.

If you hook up the controller via bluetooth, there's no audio playback and you can only hook up 1 controller to your pc.
Whereas the xb1 adapter supports mutiple xb1 controllers.

If interested, the xb1 adapter takes less time to sync the controller in comparison to bluetooth.

This is good info. Will be building a mini ITX to sit under the tv soon

I just got the
I just got the wired one. Can I purchase the wireless adapter separately and use it with the controller in the second link?
Yes.

The adapter supports up to 6 controlelrs, I believe.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I don't need wireless capability at the moment. I'll get the adapter later on if I need it

So I hear Scorpio is supporting FreeSync, one step closer to Gsync failing :pimp: I would love to stay on NV and get to use 4k FS

Last edited:
Will Freesync actually be useful for a console though? I don't know of too many people who pairs their console with a monitor. I'm sure it can be done, but most just want to play from their couch on the TV right?

Will Freesync actually be useful for a console though? I don't know of too many people who pairs their console with a monitor. I'm sure it can be done, but most just want to play from their couch on the TV right?

That's true. I know of ppl who do for space and input lag purposes, but just the fact that it's available could get it implemented with TVs. I also read that many current TVs already have the scaler for FS and just require a firmware update. If FS can take off and get into TVs, which shouldn't add much to the cost, it could hopefully put a dent in Gsync and get them on board with FS. Longshot but I'm holding out hope.

In a recent interview with an nvidia rep, he basically said gysnc will be the only thing nvidia will support.

Given that, it's for the optimal gaming experience. 

In a recent interview with an nvidia rep, he basically said gysnc will be the only thing nvidia will support.

Given that, it's for the optimal gaming experience. 
Yea I know that part, but NV also said the 970 had 4 Gigs 
laugh.gif

I just hit myself with the Get Out camera flash 
laugh.gif
 I was on my phone about to order this new LG 4k monitor for pickup, turned on my PC to checkout and immediately changed my mind

Back
Top Bottom