Official PC thread.

Hey guys, my external HDD is formatted to NTFS but the allocation unit size is what i want to change.

if i change it to default allocation size so i can move bigger fils (more than 4gb), will it delete everything that's in my hdd?

^ you dont have space in your computer now? well thats up to you if you have to buy a new hdd just for that task.

if you go that route, make sure you format the new hdd right away, before you do any file transfers

^ you dont have space in your computer now? well thats up to you if you have to buy a new hdd just for that task.

if you go that route, make sure you format the new hdd right away, before you do any file transfers

what's the best way to backup my stuff, do i really need some sort of software, or just transfer the files to another HDD?

sorry guys, i'm a noob at this kinda stuff....

^ no need for any software really, just make copies of all your files to your computer or hdd. then reformat your hdd. then copy it back again.

good laptop to get around 400-500? not going to use it for gaming or anything crazy just school and everyday stuff like surfing the web watching vids etc

SSD[SSD] SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SATA SSD w/$130 Best Buy Gift Card - $269.99 ($399.99-Price Match to Newegg/B&H=$269.99) ONLINE ONLY
  1.  Go to chat link. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/ex...ce/pcmcat345300050032.c?id=pcmcat345300050032
  2. Say you want the " SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SATA SSD" to the price matched with newegg's price. Include newegg link
  3. Don't mention gift card. Let them bring up that you're getting the gift card.
  4. Flourish
Already got mine for $294 with the $130 gift card.

The GC can only be shipped to you, while the SSD can be picked up in-store.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/expert-service-unbeatable-price/pcmcat345300050032.c?id=pcmcat345300050032[/URL]"]
Already got mine for $294 with the $130 gift card.
The GC can only be shipped to you, while the SSD can be picked up in-store.
[/quote]

jig is dead

Although...if we purchase the ssd, then decide to return it do we need to return the gift card along with it? :nerd:

Last edited:

tldw

"flagship" vega performance falls between a 1070 and 1080 non ti.

Last edited:
You guys probably already know this but seer is a program that allows you to see a larger preview of your file by pressing the space bar. Useful function with my mbp

Bought a barebones mini pc about a week ago off of Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L3J1JFQ/?tag=niketalk0e-20

Asrock deskmini 110w. Finally got it in the mail and put it together. This thing is tiny roughly the size of a Nintendo GameCube. Chose this over intel nuc and others because it supports desktop cpus, way more storage, and is upgradeable. No gpu though so integrated gfx.

Terrible pics I know but the form factor is mini stx. Put an i3 6100, 2TB Hd, and just 8 gb of ram. Had to do all of this on a budget :lol:. Using it as a htpc and to emulate all my old games (that I own) from nes to PS2/wii

Plan on adding a ssd for the os later and more storage. Overall extremely happy with the purchase so far.

Back
Top Bottom