Official PC thread.

mostly used macs for the last decade and a half. Got a surface pro last year and am in the market to build a PC. Mostly to do light photo editing, gaming (nothing too intensive), and some streaming as well. Any tips?

what's the build?

in other news, building a keyboard. just waiting for my case to come in.
Ryzen 5 3600
16gb RAM
GeForce GTX 980ti
Corsair 750w power supply

Still waiting for EVGA to ship my replacement GPU back. Hopefully they do so, tomorrow.

GPU is being delivered today (finally). Really hoping my PC is back up and running by tonight.

20190912_121736.jpg

Just built my first keyboard

Rebuild starts next week!!!!!!

going from a huge case corsair AIR540 to a mini itx lian li tu150.

going from intel to ryzen ( 3600). I havent been this excited for a build in a long time
What graphics solution you rolling with in the build?

My friend is looking to build a pc for gaming, specifically the new age of empires. I think he’s trying to spend around 1500 max. Where should he start ? Neither of us have any idea :lol:
Im gonna read through here to get an idea

Also would it actually be worth waiting for BF/cyber Monday?

My friend is looking to build a pc for gaming, specifically the new age of empires. I think he’s trying to spend around 1500 max. Where should he start ? Neither of us have any idea :lol:

Very good budget. BF:Cyber Monday usually bad deals. I say start with the video card and processor and build out from there.

Yeah i'd say start with the processor and see what you'd like and figure out your price point for it

After that i'd shift to motherboards to see whats out there that you like that has the correct socket type for your processor

Then i'd look at memory that is compatible with the form factor of that motherboard... DDR3 is phased out for newer mobos as far as im aware so it should just be DDR4 atm

Then i'd begin looking at a GPU since dude is gaming on it and Age of Empires on high graphics will be very demanding so dont skimp

Then you can look at cooling and cases which can fit all of these parts

Rebuild starts next week!!!!!!

going from a huge case corsair AIR540 to a mini itx lian li tu150.

going from intel to ryzen ( 3600). I havent been this excited for a build in a long time
I just recently built my first PC and felt so proud when I finished lol

Can get something pretty sick for $1500 man. Does he need monitors? Mouse? Keyboard?

Here's a start for around $1200.

Back
Top Bottom