Official PC thread.

Pics? What it’s for? How much was it?
For sure, I can post a pic when I get home. I am using it mainly for light/moderate gaming (World of Warcraft currently) and photo editing. But the specs are:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
16GB RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti
NZXT case
Dell 27inch Gaming monitor

Nothing grand. No LEDs. Just does what I need at the moment. Spent about $950 total mixed of open box/refurbished/new items. Bought majority through MicroCenter and amazon.

I wish I still lived next to Microcenter :frown:
I lived near one when I was in VA and didn't realize how great of a store it was until I began thinking of building a PC. Fortunate to live near another one here in SoCal. The open box/refurbished deals help so much.

Does physical Microcenter stores still sell a huge supply of "PC building parts?"

'cuz lord knows Frys Electronics stores NO LONGER DOES NOT........all them empty *** shelves for no reason at all SMH

Does physical Microcenter stores still sell a huge supply of "PC building parts?"

'cuz lord knows Frys Electronics stores NO LONGER DOES NOT........all them empty *** shelves for no reason at all SMH
Last time I went a couple of years ago they had a wall of just case fans. :lol: It went on from there. No idea if it is still like that now.

Going ryzen 5 3600
B450 I aorus
16gb ddr4 3000
1080ti

You already had a 1080ti or is there a good deal on it out there? Best I could find is from zotac store refurbed.
For sure, I can post a pic when I get home. I am using it mainly for light/moderate gaming (World of Warcraft currently) and photo editing. But the specs are:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
16GB RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti
NZXT case
Dell 27inch Gaming monitor

Nothing grand. No LEDs. Just does what I need at the moment. Spent about $950 total mixed of open box/refurbished/new items. Bought majority through MicroCenter and amazon.

Good job, you overpaid a bit though.

You already had a 1080ti or is there a good deal on it out there? Best I could find is from zotac store refurbed.

Good job, you overpaid a bit though.
Ahh, thanks for the feedback. That's okay, though. It's a learning experience and if I continue to build, I'll be more comfortable in looking for deals on parts.

I lived near one when I was in VA and didn't realize how great of a store it was until I began thinking of building a PC. Fortunate to live near another one here in SoCal. The open box/refurbished deals help so much.

Tustin?

I use to live in Irvine.

1571946406731.png

setup currently

i need to pick up some new speakers, and maybe a new mouse

I'll post my full specs when I get home but I recently updated my monitors.

I got 3 Acer PRedator X35 UHD HDR Here's the current setup
Im running 2 x Zotac AMP 2080TI NVLINK'd to power these

unnamed.jpg
One day man. I might go ahead and try and build my first PC sometime next year.

Been planning on going ryzen 5...found a crazy deal for a i7 9700k on rg marketplace.. Looks like it's gonna add 250ish to my build but so worth it

I want to build a mini ITX with the 3900X. Looking for a low profile but powerful cooler so the build doesn’t melt.

Back
Top Bottom