Official PC thread.

The cooler, case and power supply haven’t been picked yet.

Parts I know I’m getting are the:

3900X
2070 Super
64 GB Ram (for virtual machines)
Maybe 2 TB of SSD

Cases:

maybe Fractal Design Node 304

There’s also the Ghost S1 (seems like a pain)

NZXT 200

Finished the "overkill build" i9-9900k. Noctua black fan. 32gb ddr4 3200 Hz. Nzxt h500i (which I'm swapping out)

Attachments

• 20191108_231526.jpg
    20191108_231526.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 140
Just has a broken fan controller and even though it looks good l I didn't want it in the start and I got a really good deal on a better case for my needs. Fractional design s2

Nice mouse. My G602 died a few weeks ago after 4 years :frown:

Super sad, loved that shape.

Picked up a Basilisk x Hyperspeed to replace it. Doesn't beat my G602 in comfort, buy I didnn't want to spend $100 on a G604. I've adjusted my grip and have gotten used to it though.

Havent had it for a full day yet, but so far its pretty Comfortable, it has adjustable weight and you can switch the side mouse buttons to work for lefties.

Finished my custom build this week. I used to work at bestbuy for the longest time, so I was able to get a lot of my peripherals, that I currently still use, for my current sytem. Got most of my new parts from pre/post black friday sales. Was able to save some money by using the graphics card from my old machine. Found the CPU was really what was limiting my performance. I was rocking a 4790k, but after converting my computer to a media server for my friends, and also trying to play games, it just couldn't keep up anymore. So here's the specs on my new PC that I put together.

i7-9700k OC'd to 4.8 GHz
MSI Z390 A-PRO
GTX 1080 Founder's Edition
32 GB G Skill DDR4 RAM 3200 MHz
1 TB Intel M.2 660p hard drive
2 TB Sandisk 3D ultra hard drive
750W EVGA G5 power supply
Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler
Rosewill Cullinan V500 RGB

Monitors/headset/keyboard/mouse (already owned)
Asus VG248Q 1080p 144Hz monitor (Primary gaming monitor)
Asus MX 279 (Secondary monitor)
LG OLED 55C7P (Tertiary monitor used only when playing 4K content)
Astro A50 Wireless headphones
Corsair K70 mechanical keyboard
Razer Death adder mouse

Never really ventured too much into computer games besides Team Fortress 2, haha. Excited to see how far I can push this rig with new game titles, whilst losing little performance to hosting my media server.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 204
I'm going to try and clone a SSD for the first time. I found this video on youtube. If anyone has a better method let me know.

I don't know very much about computers. I have a laptop that I have had for about 5 years and lately the web pages have been loading slowly.

What can I do to troubleshoot this issue?

Starting a new build. Rig number 3. Built my current in 2013 or 2014. Excited!

Wish I could justify a 2080 TI, but those prices are :smh:

Is Razer all hype with the colors or is it a solid unit?

I am looking at the top of the line touchscreen version for my mba program ... I will be heavy in analytics ...

Back
Top Bottom