Official PC thread.

so i'm trying to upgrade my video card. right now i got a nvidia geforce gt 220 which sucks. can't really play anything on it with high settings. any recommendations for a new one? my psu is only 400w and i'd need a pci-e 2.0 bus. not really trying to play SC2 or crysis on it but i want it to be able to play games like borderlands, l4d2, hell even cs source without a problem.

is there anything else i need to consider when buying a graphics card other than what i already mentioned?

Gave my bro back the desktop but I had a lot of fun with it. Had crysis 2, super sf IV, SC2, nfs hot pursuit, Steam, and a ton of emu. Played most of 'em with a logitech f710 gamepad and ps3 controller. Games don't feel the same to me anymore..

Gave my bro back the desktop but I had a lot of fun with it. Had crysis 2, super sf IV, SC2, nfs hot pursuit, Steam, and a ton of emu. Played most of 'em with a logitech f710 gamepad and ps3 controller. Games don't feel the same to me anymore..

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

so i'm trying to upgrade my video card. right now i got a nvidia geforce gt 220 which sucks. can't really play anything on it with high settings. any recommendations for a new one? my psu is only 400w and i'd need a pci-e 2.0 bus. not really trying to play SC2 or crysis on it but i want it to be able to play games like borderlands, l4d2, hell even cs source without a problem.

is there anything else i need to consider when buying a graphics card other than what i already mentioned?
No just Power supply. most motherboards come with pci ex x16 2.0. Just get a radeon 6790 or Geforce 550ti for you computer. 

No just Power supply. most motherboards come with pci ex x16 2.0. Just get a radeon 6790 or Geforce 550ti for you computer. 

Can you mod Steam games? I like to use mods in most of my games and wanted to know if that was against any Steam rules.

Can you mod Steam games? I like to use mods in most of my games and wanted to know if that was against any Steam rules.

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

Steam games work the same as any other game. Just to go the steam folder-steam apps-commons and there are your games.

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

Steam games work the same as any other game. Just to go the steam folder-steam apps-commons and there are your games.

Gtx 460 1GB, awesome little card.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

He cant get one of those with just 400 watts.  That card needs 550. He is gonna undervolt and break his computer with that one

He cant get one of those with just 400 watts.  That card needs 550. He is gonna undervolt and break his computer with that one

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

that card does not suck 550 watts of power

I just checked out that RaspberryPi.  It looks like it could be ok for some small projects.  It runs on a lightweight Linux distro off an SD card.  The ARM11 is only 700MHz so that limits what you can do.  I may pick one up too.  It's only $35 for the model with Ethernet.  I have a bunch of FPGAs, BS2s, and PICs lying around and all of those were way more than $35. 

I just checked out that RaspberryPi.  It looks like it could be ok for some small projects.  It runs on a lightweight Linux distro off an SD card.  The ARM11 is only 700MHz so that limits what you can do.  I may pick one up too.  It's only $35 for the model with Ethernet.  I have a bunch of FPGAs, BS2s, and PICs lying around and all of those were way more than $35. 

Maybe not but its requirements is a 550wat power supply so its best to follow that.

Maybe not but its requirements is a 550wat power supply so its best to follow that.

Back
Top Bottom