Official PC thread.

What happened to all the 1156 motherboards?
I'm looking to buy a new one since I've messed my onboard sound up and get rid of these extra PCI cards that I don't want, but seems like all the good ones have been deactivated.
I'm not buying a new cpu just to get a new mobo

I'm looking to buy a new one since I've messed my onboard sound up and get rid of these extra PCI cards that I don't want, but seems like all the good ones have been deactivated.
I'm not buying a new cpu just to get a new mobo

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I'm not buying a new cpu just to get a new
phased out for 1155 mobos
you might not have a choice
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I'm not buying a new cpu just to get a new
phased out for 1155 mobos
you might not have a choice
ohwell.gif

Weak hasn't even been a year since I've built it. Guess I'll just stick with this until I can build a new rig

Weak hasn't even been a year since I've built it. Guess I'll just stick with this until I can build a new rig

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]DC UNIVERSE ONLINE GOES FREE-TO-PLAY IN  OCTOBER - 09/19/2011[/h1]
SAN DIEGO – September 19, 2011 – Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced a new free-to-play business model for its popular massively multiplayer online (MMO) game DC Universe Online (DCUO) — where players have the freedom to become legendary fighting alongside DC Comics icons like Superman, Batman and The Jokerin an ever-evolving online action adventure that has already logged more than 42 million hours of super-powered gameplay action by players since its launch earlier this year.

Beginning late October, players will be able to download and access DCUO for free on both the PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3 computer entertainment system and PC. As part of this transition, SOE is introducing three new access levels to the game: Free, Premium and Legendary. All three levels will provide access to open world gameplay and missions, general game updates and fixes to the game, with each level offering different game options and benefits.

"When we launched DC Universe Online, we introduced a very different brand of massive online game driven by fast action combat to PC and PS3[emoji]8482[/emoji]gamers and with that, we discovered a new type of online gamer," said John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment. "We've listened to our community, and we've determined that the free-to-play model is the best fit for DC Universe Online."

Smedley added, "Our philosophy embraces learning from our experience and as a pioneer in the free-to-play space with proven successful games like Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures, we believe this new model will expand the DCUO experience and offer more options that cater to every type of player so they can play the game in a way that fits them."

All three levels provide access to the current game, but allow differing tiers of convenience and flexibility. The levels are:
  • Free: New players will now have access to the current gameplay in DC Universe Online (including Gotham City, Metropolis, and all current raids and alerts), with the ability to create two characters, join a league and many other benefits. Free level players will be able to purchase downloadable game packs/updates, additional character slots, powers and more through microtransactions.
  • Premium: Any player who has spent at least $5 USD (including former paid subscribers and new players who have purchased $5 of in-game items) will qualify for the Premium access level. Premium level players will have more benefits available to them than the Free level player, including additional character slots, additional inventory slots, and higher cash limits. Downloadable adventure packs, additional character slots, and more can be purchased in-game.
  • Legendary: Maximum features and benefits are included at this level. Loaded with enhanced additional features, Legendary access will be available for a $14.99 USD monthly fee and includes all DLC packs at no cost, more than 15 character slots, more than 80 inventory slots, the ability to form unrestricted-sized leagues, and many other benefits.
More information on the DCUO free-to-play access levels can be found here: http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/ .

DC Universe Online combines immersive environments and fascinating story arcs with fast-paced, physics-based combat, allowing players to pick up buses and other objects in the environment, fly into the air and throw them at enemies; run up the sides of buildings to engage in melee brawls while shooting flames of fire from their hands; or cling to the side of buildings while using a grappling hook to pull flying opponents out of the sky – all while fighting alongside or against the legendary characters of DC Comics and charting their own path to legendary.

DC Universe Online is licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on behalf of DC Entertainment. For more information about DC Universe Online, visit www.DCUniverseOnline.com.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]DC UNIVERSE ONLINE GOES FREE-TO-PLAY IN  OCTOBER - 09/19/2011[/h1]
SAN DIEGO – September 19, 2011 – Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced a new free-to-play business model for its popular massively multiplayer online (MMO) game DC Universe Online (DCUO) — where players have the freedom to become legendary fighting alongside DC Comics icons like Superman, Batman and The Jokerin an ever-evolving online action adventure that has already logged more than 42 million hours of super-powered gameplay action by players since its launch earlier this year.

Beginning late October, players will be able to download and access DCUO for free on both the PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3 computer entertainment system and PC. As part of this transition, SOE is introducing three new access levels to the game: Free, Premium and Legendary. All three levels will provide access to open world gameplay and missions, general game updates and fixes to the game, with each level offering different game options and benefits.

"When we launched DC Universe Online, we introduced a very different brand of massive online game driven by fast action combat to PC and PS3[emoji]8482[/emoji]gamers and with that, we discovered a new type of online gamer," said John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment. "We've listened to our community, and we've determined that the free-to-play model is the best fit for DC Universe Online."

Smedley added, "Our philosophy embraces learning from our experience and as a pioneer in the free-to-play space with proven successful games like Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures, we believe this new model will expand the DCUO experience and offer more options that cater to every type of player so they can play the game in a way that fits them."

All three levels provide access to the current game, but allow differing tiers of convenience and flexibility. The levels are:
  • Free: New players will now have access to the current gameplay in DC Universe Online (including Gotham City, Metropolis, and all current raids and alerts), with the ability to create two characters, join a league and many other benefits. Free level players will be able to purchase downloadable game packs/updates, additional character slots, powers and more through microtransactions.
  • Premium: Any player who has spent at least $5 USD (including former paid subscribers and new players who have purchased $5 of in-game items) will qualify for the Premium access level. Premium level players will have more benefits available to them than the Free level player, including additional character slots, additional inventory slots, and higher cash limits. Downloadable adventure packs, additional character slots, and more can be purchased in-game.
  • Legendary: Maximum features and benefits are included at this level. Loaded with enhanced additional features, Legendary access will be available for a $14.99 USD monthly fee and includes all DLC packs at no cost, more than 15 character slots, more than 80 inventory slots, the ability to form unrestricted-sized leagues, and many other benefits.
More information on the DCUO free-to-play access levels can be found here: http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/ .

DC Universe Online combines immersive environments and fascinating story arcs with fast-paced, physics-based combat, allowing players to pick up buses and other objects in the environment, fly into the air and throw them at enemies; run up the sides of buildings to engage in melee brawls while shooting flames of fire from their hands; or cling to the side of buildings while using a grappling hook to pull flying opponents out of the sky – all while fighting alongside or against the legendary characters of DC Comics and charting their own path to legendary.

DC Universe Online is licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on behalf of DC Entertainment. For more information about DC Universe Online, visit www.DCUniverseOnline.com.

You're right.  I'm gonna get a couple 6970s for CrossfireX soon.  I had the money for them but I blew it on other stuff.  I'll have the rig Battlefield 3 ready when it releases though.

You're right.  I'm gonna get a couple 6970s for CrossfireX soon.  I had the money for them but I blew it on other stuff.  I'll have the rig Battlefield 3 ready when it releases though.

looks like the only thing you'll need is a new gpu.
rest of that rig sounds
pimp.gif

I wish I had the money for a new CPU/mobo. There's nothing wrong with my CPU, really just want a new mobo

I saw in the Battlefield thread someone mentioned Nvidia 6xx. Does anyone have any info on this?

looks like the only thing you'll need is a new gpu.
rest of that rig sounds
pimp.gif

I wish I had the money for a new CPU/mobo. There's nothing wrong with my CPU, really just want a new mobo

I saw in the Battlefield thread someone mentioned Nvidia 6xx. Does anyone have any info on this?

Is there an official NT Steam group? I have like two friends on steam. Looking for some people to play the BF3 beta with tommorrow. Steam ID: Juggy4805

Is there an official NT Steam group? I have like two friends on steam. Looking for some people to play the BF3 beta with tommorrow. Steam ID: Juggy4805

^ Ain't the BF3 Beta on Origin, though?
nerd.gif

Anyway, just built a rig for Battlefield 3 last week... used the money that I would've used to buy a 11" 2011 MacBook Air. 
laugh.gif
 Haven't built a desktop since the Pentium 4 days (just used laptops)... man, things have improved! 
eek.gif

Specs:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K - Stock clocks for now... will eventually OC
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE P67A-UD3P-B3 - has Dolby Home Theater so I can use my Astro Mixamp 5.8 on the PC
  • GPU:Inno3D GTX 560 Ti + Gelid Icy Vision Rev 2 cooler - can't afford a 570 or 580 for now
  • RAM:8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 
  • HDD:1TB WD Caviar Black 
  • Chassis:CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black - case could be much better... wrong choice. Should've went with the CM Storm Enforcer.
    30t6p3b.gif
  • PSU:CoolerMaster GX750 750W - should've went with a modular one... what a mess.
  • ODD:Liteon DVD-RW - don't think i'd be using BD... have a PS3 for that, anyways.
Quick question, I've been looking at CPU cooling options lately, and I've come down to 2 choices: the Noctua C-14 (air-cooled heatsink) or the Corsair H80 (pre-built watercooled). Any experience/idea which one is better? I'm leaning on getting the H80 since the damn Elite 430 might be too small for the C-14 or other air coolers. Plus, I'm planning to mod my case soon, replacing the acrylic side window panel to mesh to either install a 200mm fan or 2 x 120mm fan as an intake. This case somewhat has cooling issues as it is. And don't get me started on the wires... 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. But you do get what you pay for -not much.
ohwell.gif

Any ideas, NT? Thanks in advance.

^ Ain't the BF3 Beta on Origin, though?
nerd.gif

Anyway, just built a rig for Battlefield 3 last week... used the money that I would've used to buy a 11" 2011 MacBook Air. 
laugh.gif
 Haven't built a desktop since the Pentium 4 days (just used laptops)... man, things have improved! 
eek.gif

Specs:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K - Stock clocks for now... will eventually OC
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE P67A-UD3P-B3 - has Dolby Home Theater so I can use my Astro Mixamp 5.8 on the PC
  • GPU:Inno3D GTX 560 Ti + Gelid Icy Vision Rev 2 cooler - can't afford a 570 or 580 for now
  • RAM:8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 
  • HDD:1TB WD Caviar Black 
  • Chassis:CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black - case could be much better... wrong choice. Should've went with the CM Storm Enforcer.
    30t6p3b.gif
  • PSU:CoolerMaster GX750 750W - should've went with a modular one... what a mess.
  • ODD:Liteon DVD-RW - don't think i'd be using BD... have a PS3 for that, anyways.
Quick question, I've been looking at CPU cooling options lately, and I've come down to 2 choices: the Noctua C-14 (air-cooled heatsink) or the Corsair H80 (pre-built watercooled). Any experience/idea which one is better? I'm leaning on getting the H80 since the damn Elite 430 might be too small for the C-14 or other air coolers. Plus, I'm planning to mod my case soon, replacing the acrylic side window panel to mesh to either install a 200mm fan or 2 x 120mm fan as an intake. This case somewhat has cooling issues as it is. And don't get me started on the wires... 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. But you do get what you pay for -not much.
ohwell.gif

Any ideas, NT? Thanks in advance.

i have a corsair H50, it's an awesome cooler. keeps my temps down and best of all, keep my pc quiet compared to some air coolers. i believe MezOne also has an H50, and i haven't seen him complain about it.

save up and switch your case also lol. i had one that i was going to use for a small entertainment server and it felt mad cheap.

but i think it was the regular Elite 310, and not the 430.

i have a corsair H50, it's an awesome cooler. keeps my temps down and best of all, keep my pc quiet compared to some air coolers. i believe MezOne also has an H50, and i haven't seen him complain about it.

save up and switch your case also lol. i had one that i was going to use for a small entertainment server and it felt mad cheap.

but i think it was the regular Elite 310, and not the 430.

I like those Corsair water coolers..simple and easy. Put one on my dad's PC...definitely gonna do this when I upgrade mine.

Back
Top Bottom