Official PC thread.

And here I am the other day thinking..........."maybe i should build my own p.c" i have a local shop that builds you customize pc's for awesome prices. p.m me if u need the info cause it's here in Brooklyn NY. i lost the cards but will be going back on saturday. 

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ Ain't the BF3 Beta on Origin, though?
nerd.gif

Anyway, just built a rig for Battlefield 3 last week... used the money that I would've used to buy a 11" 2011 MacBook Air. 
laugh.gif
 Haven't built a desktop since the Pentium 4 days (just used laptops)... man, things have improved! 
eek.gif

Specs:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K - Stock clocks for now... will eventually OC
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE P67A-UD3P-B3 - has Dolby Home Theater so I can use my Astro Mixamp 5.8 on the PC
  • GPU:Inno3D GTX 560 Ti + Gelid Icy Vision Rev 2 cooler - can't afford a 570 or 580 for now
  • RAM:8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 
  • HDD:1TB WD Caviar Black 
  • Chassis:CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black - case could be much better... wrong choice. Should've went with the CM Storm Enforcer.
    30t6p3b.gif
  • PSU:CoolerMaster GX750 750W - should've went with a modular one... what a mess.
  • ODD:Liteon DVD-RW - don't think i'd be using BD... have a PS3 for that, anyways.
Quick question, I've been looking at CPU cooling options lately, and I've come down to 2 choices: the Noctua C-14 (air-cooled heatsink) or the Corsair H80 (pre-built watercooled). Any experience/idea which one is better? I'm leaning on getting the H80 since the damn Elite 430 might be too small for the C-14 or other air coolers. Plus, I'm planning to mod my case soon, replacing the acrylic side window panel to mesh to either install a 200mm fan or 2 x 120mm fan as an intake. This case somewhat has cooling issues as it is. And don't get me started on the wires... 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. But you do get what you pay for -not much.
ohwell.gif

Any ideas, NT? Thanks in advance.
Noctua C-14 , -6 C cooler make sure it can fit inside your case
That's what I've heard... the C-14 is a nice cooler for its price, but it's size might be an issue for my case, not to mention it might cause airflow problems throughout the case since it'll be blocking out the airflow to the top exhausts.
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'll probably wait for a while until I cop one. Going to cop a gaming keyboard and mouse + mousepad this weekend first.

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ Ain't the BF3 Beta on Origin, though?
nerd.gif

Anyway, just built a rig for Battlefield 3 last week... used the money that I would've used to buy a 11" 2011 MacBook Air. 
laugh.gif
 Haven't built a desktop since the Pentium 4 days (just used laptops)... man, things have improved! 
eek.gif

Specs:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K - Stock clocks for now... will eventually OC
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE P67A-UD3P-B3 - has Dolby Home Theater so I can use my Astro Mixamp 5.8 on the PC
  • GPU:Inno3D GTX 560 Ti + Gelid Icy Vision Rev 2 cooler - can't afford a 570 or 580 for now
  • RAM:8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 
  • HDD:1TB WD Caviar Black 
  • Chassis:CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black - case could be much better... wrong choice. Should've went with the CM Storm Enforcer.
    30t6p3b.gif
  • PSU:CoolerMaster GX750 750W - should've went with a modular one... what a mess.
  • ODD:Liteon DVD-RW - don't think i'd be using BD... have a PS3 for that, anyways.
Quick question, I've been looking at CPU cooling options lately, and I've come down to 2 choices: the Noctua C-14 (air-cooled heatsink) or the Corsair H80 (pre-built watercooled). Any experience/idea which one is better? I'm leaning on getting the H80 since the damn Elite 430 might be too small for the C-14 or other air coolers. Plus, I'm planning to mod my case soon, replacing the acrylic side window panel to mesh to either install a 200mm fan or 2 x 120mm fan as an intake. This case somewhat has cooling issues as it is. And don't get me started on the wires... 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. But you do get what you pay for -not much.
ohwell.gif

Any ideas, NT? Thanks in advance.
Noctua C-14 , -6 C cooler make sure it can fit inside your case
That's what I've heard... the C-14 is a nice cooler for its price, but it's size might be an issue for my case, not to mention it might cause airflow problems throughout the case since it'll be blocking out the airflow to the top exhausts.
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'll probably wait for a while until I cop one. Going to cop a gaming keyboard and mouse + mousepad this weekend first.

GET A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

/capslock for cruise control

get a filco or leopold board with black, brown or red switches.

it'll be the best investment you'll ever do for your pc.

GET A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

/capslock for cruise control

get a filco or leopold board with black, brown or red switches.

it'll be the best investment you'll ever do for your pc.

Yup, getting a mechanical one for sure. Sadly, we don't have Filco or Leopold keyboards over here. Just Logitech (which isn't mechanical; dome membrane) G15/G510/G19/G110/G13, Razer, CM Storm, SteelSeries, and Thermaltake.

Looking at the Razer Black Widow regular, non-backlit version for now, (~$90) and the CM Storm Sentinel Advance (~$50) as a gaming mouse. I find the Razer mice too small, and Logitech mice too ugly.
laugh.gif
I don't think I'll need the 32493275347943 buttons on "gaming" mice anyway.

Yup, getting a mechanical one for sure. Sadly, we don't have Filco or Leopold keyboards over here. Just Logitech (which isn't mechanical; dome membrane) G15/G510/G19/G110/G13, Razer, CM Storm, SteelSeries, and Thermaltake.

Looking at the Razer Black Widow regular, non-backlit version for now, (~$90) and the CM Storm Sentinel Advance (~$50) as a gaming mouse. I find the Razer mice too small, and Logitech mice too ugly.
laugh.gif
I don't think I'll need the 32493275347943 buttons on "gaming" mice anyway.

blue switches aren't that good for gaming, great for typing tho. can you get the stealth black widow? i believe that one uses brown switches.

or at least get the steelseries 6Gv2 or 7G, those use black switches which is the "gaming" switch. CM has a mech keyboard that comes in red, black, brown and i think blue switches. which is basically a filco without the branding. try to get that if possible it's called CM Storm Quick Rapid Fire. it's tenkeyless tho.

What is the best free pc anti-spyware/virus program???

Microsoft Security Essentials.

mac:pimp:

the slow people go in another thread, you're in the wrong one kid.

blue switches aren't that good for gaming, great for typing tho. can you get the stealth black widow? i believe that one uses brown switches.

or at least get the steelseries 6Gv2 or 7G, those use black switches which is the "gaming" switch. CM has a mech keyboard that comes in red, black, brown and i think blue switches. which is basically a filco without the branding. try to get that if possible it's called CM Storm Quick Rapid Fire. it's tenkeyless tho.

What is the best free pc anti-spyware/virus program???

Microsoft Security Essentials.

mac:pimp:

the slow people go in another thread, you're in the wrong one kid.

Oh. I don't think I can get the Stealth Black Widow locally... well I can, but it'll cost significantly more than it retails in the US.
ohwell.gif

Yup, we have the 6Gv2 here. Retails around $120. Will look into that. The store I'm dropping by on Saturday sells 'em as well.

The CM Storm Quick Rapid Fire is nowhere to be found in the market so far... and I need that numpad for daily use.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the input. Really appreciate it.

Oh. I don't think I can get the Stealth Black Widow locally... well I can, but it'll cost significantly more than it retails in the US.
ohwell.gif

Yup, we have the 6Gv2 here. Retails around $120. Will look into that. The store I'm dropping by on Saturday sells 'em as well.

The CM Storm Quick Rapid Fire is nowhere to be found in the market so far... and I need that numpad for daily use.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the input. Really appreciate it.

^ No complaints from me.... averaging around 35fps currently. Sure, it isn't the magical 60fps dudes aim for, but it works well. I ticked it on Ultra, but I'm not quite sure if the graphics settings are enabled in the Beta, though.

I have the GTX 560 Ti, btw.

^ No complaints from me.... averaging around 35fps currently. Sure, it isn't the magical 60fps dudes aim for, but it works well. I ticked it on Ultra, but I'm not quite sure if the graphics settings are enabled in the Beta, though.

I have the GTX 560 Ti, btw.

Just copped the Thermaltake eSPORTS Meka G1 and the Corsair Hydro H80 earlier. That was unexpected. It was at a good price, though (similar to NewEgg prices, which is great
smokin.gif
)
laugh.gif

Just copped the Thermaltake eSPORTS Meka G1 and the Corsair Hydro H80 earlier. That was unexpected. It was at a good price, though (similar to NewEgg prices, which is great
smokin.gif
)
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom