Official PC thread.

I like those Corsair water coolers..simple and easy. Put one on my dad's PC...definitely gonna do this when I upgrade mine.

anyone want some cheap pc parts i think im killing the desktop

off the top of the head

asus mobo for phenom ii x4 955 black cpu
xonar dx sound card
patriot ddr 3 ram 4gb (2x 2gb)

thanks for the responses guys... really considering the H80. It's like less than $3.00 difference from the H70 over here. Might as well.
laugh.gif
I wish I could replace my case.. but it's just a week old. Maybe I will, when my brother upgrades his PC. But I guess I'm stuck with it for now.
ohwell.gif
 Hope the side panel mod works well.
Looking for a good keyboard and mouse for gaming as well. Checked out the Razer Black Widow Ultimate earlier (seems quite noisy and clicky), as well as the Logitech G15 and G510 (a bit cheaper, and more silent... but it doesn't look as good
laugh.gif
). Basically looking for one with backlighting and a USB port to hook up the mouse there, since the mouse being attached all the way to the desktop might be a problem for my setup. Currently using a cheapo mouse that isn't that accurate, not to mention error prone while gaming and a cheap keyboard.

Saw the Logitech G13 as well. Just a gaming keypad... but quite interesting as well.
Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

I'm on that Battlefield 3 Beta.  Add me on Origin: BoomBox150.  Same as my Steam name.
There's a Battlefield 3 Thread that usually is on the front page a lot lately. Check it out. A few BF3 PC guys on there if you want to run with fellow NTers.

thanks for the responses guys... really considering the H80. It's like less than $3.00 difference from the H70 over here. Might as well.
laugh.gif
I wish I could replace my case.. but it's just a week old. Maybe I will, when my brother upgrades his PC. But I guess I'm stuck with it for now.
ohwell.gif
 Hope the side panel mod works well.
Looking for a good keyboard and mouse for gaming as well. Checked out the Razer Black Widow Ultimate earlier (seems quite noisy and clicky), as well as the Logitech G15 and G510 (a bit cheaper, and more silent... but it doesn't look as good
laugh.gif
). Basically looking for one with backlighting and a USB port to hook up the mouse there, since the mouse being attached all the way to the desktop might be a problem for my setup. Currently using a cheapo mouse that isn't that accurate, not to mention error prone while gaming and a cheap keyboard.

Saw the Logitech G13 as well. Just a gaming keypad... but quite interesting as well.
Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

I'm on that Battlefield 3 Beta.  Add me on Origin: BoomBox150.  Same as my Steam name.
There's a Battlefield 3 Thread that usually is on the front page a lot lately. Check it out. A few BF3 PC guys on there if you want to run with fellow NTers.

[h4][/h4]
[h4]'Humanity toward others' extended to Windows with Ubuntu One cloud storage[/h4]
By Jesse Hicks posted Oct 3rd 2011 4:09AM

Are you a Windows user in need of yet another cloud storage option? Lucky for you, after a long-running beta, Canonical's Ubuntu One client has officially debuted on Microsoft's platform. First introduced with Ubuntu 10.10, the service offers 5GB of free storage, with file syncing across multiple machines, ala Dropbox. Android and iOS clients are already available. If you need more space, how about 20GB for $29.99 a year or $2.99 a month? And if portable tunes is your game, you can have that same 20GB along with music streaming apps (similar to Google Music Beta) for $39.99 a year or $3.99 a month. Click the source link to engage in some cross-platform storage.

Link

[h4][/h4]
[h4]'Humanity toward others' extended to Windows with Ubuntu One cloud storage[/h4]
By Jesse Hicks posted Oct 3rd 2011 4:09AM

Are you a Windows user in need of yet another cloud storage option? Lucky for you, after a long-running beta, Canonical's Ubuntu One client has officially debuted on Microsoft's platform. First introduced with Ubuntu 10.10, the service offers 5GB of free storage, with file syncing across multiple machines, ala Dropbox. Android and iOS clients are already available. If you need more space, how about 20GB for $29.99 a year or $2.99 a month? And if portable tunes is your game, you can have that same 20GB along with music streaming apps (similar to Google Music Beta) for $39.99 a year or $3.99 a month. Click the source link to engage in some cross-platform storage.

Link

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

All I want is a stock machine that has an HDMI out so I can play videos through my HDMI to my TV via my Sony receiver.

Can any of you shine some light on what I should be looking for?

http://www.compusa.com/ap...No=440955&CatId=4928

What is wrong with this CPU?
nothing really, the Integrated HD 3000 should be good enough for 1080p video playback
although this Dell Inspiron 620 Slim Tower would be better for the same price

1. Start here at Dell Home direct store
2. Customize as per needs (optional), click Review & Checkout button at the top
3. Apply coupon code VT1B$RVWHKGG4L in-cart and proceed to final checkout

This Core i5 Inspiron 620 deal: $834.99 - 35% coupon code (expires soon) = $543.74 with FREE shipping. Includes Intel[emoji]174[/emoji] Core[emoji]8482[/emoji] i5-2310 , 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Wireless-LAN card, DVD burner drive, AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS and more.

Code expires Thursday Oct 6.

All I want is a stock machine that has an HDMI out so I can play videos through my HDMI to my TV via my Sony receiver.

nothing really, the Integrated HD 3000 should be good enough for 1080p video playback

This Core i5 Inspiron 620 deal: $834.99 - 35% coupon code (expires soon) = $543.74 with FREE shipping. Includes Intel[emoji]174[/emoji] Core[emoji]8482[/emoji] i5-2310 , 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Wireless-LAN card, DVD burner drive, AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS and more.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I really appreciate the help my man. Why do you say that would be a better deal?

I may not be able to pull the trigger within the next 2 days so I will miss out on the deal most likely. What are the chances the 3000 won't be able to playback in smooth 1080P? Do you have another recommendation around the same price?

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I really appreciate the help my man. Why do you say that would be a better deal?

I may not be able to pull the trigger within the next 2 days so I will miss out on the deal most likely. What are the chances the 3000 won't be able to playback in smooth 1080P? Do you have another recommendation around the same price?

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ Ain't the BF3 Beta on Origin, though?
nerd.gif

Anyway, just built a rig for Battlefield 3 last week... used the money that I would've used to buy a 11" 2011 MacBook Air. 
laugh.gif
 Haven't built a desktop since the Pentium 4 days (just used laptops)... man, things have improved! 
eek.gif

Specs:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K - Stock clocks for now... will eventually OC
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE P67A-UD3P-B3 - has Dolby Home Theater so I can use my Astro Mixamp 5.8 on the PC
  • GPU:Inno3D GTX 560 Ti + Gelid Icy Vision Rev 2 cooler - can't afford a 570 or 580 for now
  • RAM:8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 
  • HDD:1TB WD Caviar Black 
  • Chassis:CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black - case could be much better... wrong choice. Should've went with the CM Storm Enforcer.
    30t6p3b.gif
  • PSU:CoolerMaster GX750 750W - should've went with a modular one... what a mess.
  • ODD:Liteon DVD-RW - don't think i'd be using BD... have a PS3 for that, anyways.
Quick question, I've been looking at CPU cooling options lately, and I've come down to 2 choices: the Noctua C-14 (air-cooled heatsink) or the Corsair H80 (pre-built watercooled). Any experience/idea which one is better? I'm leaning on getting the H80 since the damn Elite 430 might be too small for the C-14 or other air coolers. Plus, I'm planning to mod my case soon, replacing the acrylic side window panel to mesh to either install a 200mm fan or 2 x 120mm fan as an intake. This case somewhat has cooling issues as it is. And don't get me started on the wires... 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. But you do get what you pay for -not much.
ohwell.gif

Any ideas, NT? Thanks in advance.
Noctua C-14 , -6 C cooler make sure it can fit inside your case

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ Ain't the BF3 Beta on Origin, though?
nerd.gif

Anyway, just built a rig for Battlefield 3 last week... used the money that I would've used to buy a 11" 2011 MacBook Air. 
laugh.gif
 Haven't built a desktop since the Pentium 4 days (just used laptops)... man, things have improved! 
eek.gif

Specs:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K - Stock clocks for now... will eventually OC
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE P67A-UD3P-B3 - has Dolby Home Theater so I can use my Astro Mixamp 5.8 on the PC
  • GPU:Inno3D GTX 560 Ti + Gelid Icy Vision Rev 2 cooler - can't afford a 570 or 580 for now
  • RAM:8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 
  • HDD:1TB WD Caviar Black 
  • Chassis:CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black - case could be much better... wrong choice. Should've went with the CM Storm Enforcer.
    30t6p3b.gif
  • PSU:CoolerMaster GX750 750W - should've went with a modular one... what a mess.
  • ODD:Liteon DVD-RW - don't think i'd be using BD... have a PS3 for that, anyways.
Quick question, I've been looking at CPU cooling options lately, and I've come down to 2 choices: the Noctua C-14 (air-cooled heatsink) or the Corsair H80 (pre-built watercooled). Any experience/idea which one is better? I'm leaning on getting the H80 since the damn Elite 430 might be too small for the C-14 or other air coolers. Plus, I'm planning to mod my case soon, replacing the acrylic side window panel to mesh to either install a 200mm fan or 2 x 120mm fan as an intake. This case somewhat has cooling issues as it is. And don't get me started on the wires... 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. But you do get what you pay for -not much.
ohwell.gif

Any ideas, NT? Thanks in advance.
Noctua C-14 , -6 C cooler make sure it can fit inside your case

actually i made a mistake, the i5 & i7 have HD 3000. The i3's have HD 2000, but from what I've read it should be good enough to do 1080p
The dell would be a better deal because it offers a quad core cpu, more ram, and a dedicated gpu for the same price as the acer you selected which only has a dual core processor, 6GB of ram and integrated graphics. (although if your only using the machine to play video then it doesn't matter that much)

Honestly if you really just want a cheap solution this should be good enough @ $420
Intel Core i3-2100 3.10GHz
4GB DDR3
1TB HDD
DVDRW,
Intel HD 2000 Graphics
HDMI

Link

actually i made a mistake, the i5 & i7 have HD 3000. The i3's have HD 2000, but from what I've read it should be good enough to do 1080p
The dell would be a better deal because it offers a quad core cpu, more ram, and a dedicated gpu for the same price as the acer you selected which only has a dual core processor, 6GB of ram and integrated graphics. (although if your only using the machine to play video then it doesn't matter that much)

Honestly if you really just want a cheap solution this should be good enough @ $420
Intel Core i3-2100 3.10GHz
4GB DDR3
1TB HDD
DVDRW,
Intel HD 2000 Graphics
HDMI

Link

And here I am the other day thinking..........."maybe i should build my own p.c" i have a local shop that builds you customize pc's for awesome prices. p.m me if u need the info cause it's here in Brooklyn NY. i lost the cards but will be going back on saturday. 

Back
Top Bottom