Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ slade, if you were talking to me... it's an Inno3D GTX 560 Ti with an aftermarket Gelid Icy Vision Rev. 2 GPU cooler. The GTX 570's around $100 more. A bit out of my budget at that time.
Prices drop in december supposed to be 100 less, and you prob dont need it unless your doing more than 1 screen or resolution higher than 1080 , 
oh  yeah finally figured out how to change origin ID , user name , just download scrabble free, on iphone or android , go to account settings an change username,  that easy

^ yup, i'm only using my Samsung 32" LED TV that has a max resolution of 1920 x 1080i (native 1366 x 768) as a monitor anyway, so I'm good.

^ yup, i'm only using my Samsung 32" LED TV that has a max resolution of 1920 x 1080i (native 1366 x 768) as a monitor anyway, so I'm good.

Battlefield 3 upgrade is in full effect.  Just ordered 2 6970s for CrossfireX and 3 24" monitors.  Going with the Eyefinity setup.  I'll post pics when the parts get here.  They should arrive on Friday.

Battlefield 3 upgrade is in full effect.  Just ordered 2 6970s for CrossfireX and 3 24" monitors.  Going with the Eyefinity setup.  I'll post pics when the parts get here.  They should arrive on Friday.

so i recently ordered a hp envy 14 on May and it is already running really slow. to the point where i cant watch internet videos unless i plug it in to my charger. i checked the battery settings and they are set on high performance or whatever but my computer is still running really slow.i wanted to take good care of my laptop so i even bought a separate external hard rive for all my music and videos and i dnt ever play any games on it. the only thing i could think of that might be making it run slow is the fact that i normally dnt turn off my laptop i just close the lid and but it to sleep or hibernate or whatever, u think this might be the problem? i know this shouldnt be happening as it is only a few months old so is there anything i could to to make it run faster or at full speed like i did when i first got it without having to erase all my memory and stuff? i dnt really know much about pc's as this is my first laptop so any help would be greatly appreciated. PM or post on here if you have any suggestions. Thanks alot NT!

so i recently ordered a hp envy 14 on May and it is already running really slow. to the point where i cant watch internet videos unless i plug it in to my charger. i checked the battery settings and they are set on high performance or whatever but my computer is still running really slow.i wanted to take good care of my laptop so i even bought a separate external hard rive for all my music and videos and i dnt ever play any games on it. the only thing i could think of that might be making it run slow is the fact that i normally dnt turn off my laptop i just close the lid and but it to sleep or hibernate or whatever, u think this might be the problem? i know this shouldnt be happening as it is only a few months old so is there anything i could to to make it run faster or at full speed like i did when i first got it without having to erase all my memory and stuff? i dnt really know much about pc's as this is my first laptop so any help would be greatly appreciated. PM or post on here if you have any suggestions. Thanks alot NT!

Originally Posted by Ernesto4

download pcdecrapifier, get rid of any useless programs you don't use
type msconfig in the start menu, click startup and stop any programs you don't need from starting up when your pc boots up.
dunno why you cant watch videos unless your plugged in
ohwell.gif

a sandy bridge i5 should not be running slow. 

Originally Posted by Ernesto4

download pcdecrapifier, get rid of any useless programs you don't use
type msconfig in the start menu, click startup and stop any programs you don't need from starting up when your pc boots up.
dunno why you cant watch videos unless your plugged in
ohwell.gif

a sandy bridge i5 should not be running slow. 

Finally got my Scythe fans from Performance-PCs.com
smokin.gif

Them 5400 rpm AP-31s are loud! But not as loud as I've seen in YouTube vids. Must've had the volume cranked up a bit.
laugh.gif

304147_10150344059228736_593738735_8256001_1951258694_n.jpg

Doing some benchmarks on Prime95 right now.

All I need now is a good fan controller to tame these babies.

Finally got my Scythe fans from Performance-PCs.com
smokin.gif

Them 5400 rpm AP-31s are loud! But not as loud as I've seen in YouTube vids. Must've had the volume cranked up a bit.
laugh.gif

304147_10150344059228736_593738735_8256001_1951258694_n.jpg

Doing some benchmarks on Prime95 right now.

All I need now is a good fan controller to tame these babies.

^ There are performance improvements for other games as well, that are mentioned in the "Release Highlights" tab. So I guess it's worth a shot? The GTX 570 is on the list of supported GPUs.
Performance benchmarks:

battlefield3-final-gefkaji.png

I just hope the driver squeezes every ounce of performance for my GTX 560 Ti. 

^ There are performance improvements for other games as well, that are mentioned in the "Release Highlights" tab. So I guess it's worth a shot? The GTX 570 is on the list of supported GPUs.
Performance benchmarks:

battlefield3-final-gefkaji.png

I just hope the driver squeezes every ounce of performance for my GTX 560 Ti. 

Back
Top Bottom