Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by tooWise

Just built one... what do you guys think?
Case --- Fractal Design R3 

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

Motherboard -- ASUS P8Z68-V LX 

RAM --- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24

Power Supply --- Cooler Master Silent Pro M700

Hard Drive --- Seagate 1.5TB 5900 RPM & Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB 

Everything came out to a little under $600 after the various taxes, fees & rebates.

sick.gif
@ the reviews for the Corsair Force 3 SSD, might want to reconsider that.
30t6p3b.gif
i bought a Samsung 830 SSD which got nothing but great reviews and the one I received had bsod issues so I definitely would stay away from that Corsair, or anything with a sandforce controller (although some people say they have fixed it now, I still wouldn't risk it tho)

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

Everything came out to a little under $600 after the various taxes, fees & rebates.

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i bought a Samsung 830 SSD which got nothing but great reviews and the one I received had bsod issues so I definitely would stay away from that Corsair, or anything with a sandforce controller (although some people say they have fixed it now, I still wouldn't risk it tho)

[h4][/h4]
[h4]PSA: Western Digital and Seagate commence bonfire of the warranties[/h4]
By Daniel Cooper posted Dec 19th 2011 10:01AM
Seagate and Western Digital really do have the spirit of the holidays running through their veins, as both companies are slashing the warranty periods on hard drives for the new year. Gone are the days of five-year safety periods, instead owners of Seagate's Barracuda XT, Constellation 2, ES.2 and Momentus XT drives will have three years protection. SV35 Series and Pipeline HD drives have two years while Barracuda, Barracuda Green and the 2.5-inch Momentus get a measly one year.

Western Digital on the other hand, will be hacking a year off the Caviar Blue, Green and Scorpio Blue drives that ship after January 1st, each coming with just two years warranty. On the upside, you'll be given the chance to extend the package for a modest fee -- nothing like the odd nickel-and-dime to hasten the post-holiday slump, eh?

Link

vision33r 

They are ready to sell water damaged goods so they have to reduce the warranty down to cut their losses.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

[h4][/h4]
[h4]PSA: Western Digital and Seagate commence bonfire of the warranties[/h4]
By Daniel Cooper posted Dec 19th 2011 10:01AM
Seagate and Western Digital really do have the spirit of the holidays running through their veins, as both companies are slashing the warranty periods on hard drives for the new year. Gone are the days of five-year safety periods, instead owners of Seagate's Barracuda XT, Constellation 2, ES.2 and Momentus XT drives will have three years protection. SV35 Series and Pipeline HD drives have two years while Barracuda, Barracuda Green and the 2.5-inch Momentus get a measly one year.

Western Digital on the other hand, will be hacking a year off the Caviar Blue, Green and Scorpio Blue drives that ship after January 1st, each coming with just two years warranty. On the upside, you'll be given the chance to extend the package for a modest fee -- nothing like the odd nickel-and-dime to hasten the post-holiday slump, eh?

Link

vision33r 

They are ready to sell water damaged goods so they have to reduce the warranty down to cut their losses.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I've been using it for 2 weeks no problems yet... I'm hoping it stays this way. I got it for dirt cheap so I couldn't pass.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I've been using it for 2 weeks no problems yet... I'm hoping it stays this way. I got it for dirt cheap so I couldn't pass.

leave me and my core 2 duo E8500 alone
laugh.gif

are the new sandy bridge- E processors enthusiast class ? and is the ivy bridge a dye shrink ?

laugh.gif

are the new sandy bridge- E processors enthusiast class ? and is the ivy bridge a dye shrink ?

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

16GB RAM, though?
laugh.gif

The Motherboard choice is 
smokin.gif

My rig cost me around $1400, including the mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, NZXT fan controller, the Gentle Typhoons, and the mods. 
ohwell.gif

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

16GB RAM, though?
laugh.gif

The Motherboard choice is 
smokin.gif

My rig cost me around $1400, including the mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, NZXT fan controller, the Gentle Typhoons, and the mods. 
ohwell.gif

Where can i get my laptop fixed besides Best Buy? I def have a virus/spyware/malmare...some combination of them n i cant use my laptop.

It gets the blue screen of death, no internet connection, and even blocks applications from running and/or says theyre "not" installed

Where can i get my laptop fixed besides Best Buy? I def have a virus/spyware/malmare...some combination of them n i cant use my laptop.

It gets the blue screen of death, no internet connection, and even blocks applications from running and/or says theyre "not" installed

Originally Posted by NewZ05

staples easytech ?, local computer store, in think some NTers have repair websites, or just get a copy of windows, reinstall & get some good security software.

Originally Posted by NewZ05

staples easytech ?, local computer store, in think some NTers have repair websites, or just get a copy of windows, reinstall & get some good security software.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

laugh.gif

yep & yep

[h3]Intel's Ivy Bridge CPU Prices to be Similar to Sandy Bridge[/h3]

7:00 AM - December 20, 2011 by Doug Crowthers- source: CPU-World

We get an early price listing for Intel's Ivy Bridge processors, and compared them to similar current generation Sandy Bridge processors.

We first got details on the specifications for Intel's Ivy Bridge processors in the early December. Today, we get an early price listing (based on 1K units) of the Ivy Bridge processors from CPU-World. Looking at the prices, the new Ivy Bridge processors will be at the same price points as the current generation Sandy Bridge processors that the upcoming platform is replacing.
[table][tr][th=""]
Model
[/th][th=""]Cores
(Threads)
[/th][th=""]
Frequency
[/th][th=""]Turbo
Frequency
[/th][th=""]L3
Cache
[/th][th=""]
TDP
[/th][th=""]
Price
[/th][th=""]Current
CPU / Price
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3450
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
3.1 GHz
[/td][td]
3.5 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$184
[/td][td]
i5-2400 / $184
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3450S
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
2.8 GHz
[/td][td]
3.5 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
65 W
[/td][td]
$184
[/td][td]
i5-2400S / $184
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3470T
[/td][td]
2 (4 )
[/td][td]
2.9 GHz
[/td][td]
3.6 GHz
[/td][td]
3 MB
[/td][td]
35 W
[/td][td]
$184
[/td][td]
i5-2390T / $184
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3550
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
3.3 GHz
[/td][td]
3.7 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$205
[/td][td]
i5-2500 / $205
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3550S
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
3.0 GHz
[/td][td]
3.7 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
65 W
[/td][td]
$205
[/td][td]
i5-2500S / $205
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3750K
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
3.4 GHz
[/td][td]
3.8 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$225
[/td][td]
i5-2500K / $216
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3750T
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
2.3 GHz
[/td][td]
3.3 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
42 W
[/td][td]
$205
[/td][td]
i5-2500T / $205
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i7-3770
[/td][td]
4 (8 )
[/td][td]
3.4 GHz
[/td][td]
3.9 GHz
[/td][td]
8 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$294
[/td][td]
i7-2600 / $294
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i7-3770K
[/td][td]
4 (8 )
[/td][td]
3.5 GHz
[/td][td]
3.9 GHz
[/td][td]
8 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$332
[/td][td]
i7-2700K / $332
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i7-3770S
[/td][td]
4 (8 )
[/td][td]
3.1 GHz
[/td][td]
3.9 GHz
[/td][td]
8 MB
[/td][td]
65 W
[/td][td]
$294
[/td][td]
i7-2600S / $294
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i7-3770T
[/td][td]
4 (8 )
[/td][td]
2.5 GHz
[/td][td]
3.7 GHz
[/td][td]
8 MB
[/td][td]
45 W
[/td][td]
$294
[/td][td]
N/A
[/td][/tr][/table]
Based on the early performance seen with Ivy Bridge, the price point will make it an easier decision to make the jump to Ivy Bridge for a new build in April / May over current generation Sandy Bridge. What remains to be seen is whether or not Ivy Bridge performance will be enough for users to jump from a current gen Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge on a compatible motherboard.

Link

Back
Top Bottom