Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

leave me and my core 2 duo E8500 alone
laugh.gif

are the new sandy bridge- E processors enthusiast class ? and is the ivy bridge a dye shrink ?

yep & yep

[h3]Intel's Ivy Bridge CPU Prices to be Similar to Sandy Bridge[/h3]

7:00 AM - December 20, 2011 by Doug Crowthers- source: CPU-World

We get an early price listing for Intel's Ivy Bridge processors, and compared them to similar current generation Sandy Bridge processors.

We first got details on the specifications for Intel's Ivy Bridge processors in the early December. Today, we get an early price listing (based on 1K units) of the Ivy Bridge processors from CPU-World. Looking at the prices, the new Ivy Bridge processors will be at the same price points as the current generation Sandy Bridge processors that the upcoming platform is replacing.
[table][tr][th=""]
Model
[/th][th=""]Cores
(Threads)
[/th][th=""]
Frequency
[/th][th=""]Turbo
Frequency
[/th][th=""]L3
Cache
[/th][th=""]
TDP
[/th][th=""]
Price
[/th][th=""]Current
CPU / Price
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3450
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
3.1 GHz
[/td][td]
3.5 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$184
[/td][td]
i5-2400 / $184
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3450S
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
2.8 GHz
[/td][td]
3.5 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
65 W
[/td][td]
$184
[/td][td]
i5-2400S / $184
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3470T
[/td][td]
2 (4 )
[/td][td]
2.9 GHz
[/td][td]
3.6 GHz
[/td][td]
3 MB
[/td][td]
35 W
[/td][td]
$184
[/td][td]
i5-2390T / $184
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3550
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
3.3 GHz
[/td][td]
3.7 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$205
[/td][td]
i5-2500 / $205
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3550S
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
3.0 GHz
[/td][td]
3.7 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
65 W
[/td][td]
$205
[/td][td]
i5-2500S / $205
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3750K
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
3.4 GHz
[/td][td]
3.8 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$225
[/td][td]
i5-2500K / $216
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i5-3750T
[/td][td]
4 (4 )
[/td][td]
2.3 GHz
[/td][td]
3.3 GHz
[/td][td]
6 MB
[/td][td]
42 W
[/td][td]
$205
[/td][td]
i5-2500T / $205
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i7-3770
[/td][td]
4 (8 )
[/td][td]
3.4 GHz
[/td][td]
3.9 GHz
[/td][td]
8 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$294
[/td][td]
i7-2600 / $294
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i7-3770K
[/td][td]
4 (8 )
[/td][td]
3.5 GHz
[/td][td]
3.9 GHz
[/td][td]
8 MB
[/td][td]
77 W
[/td][td]
$332
[/td][td]
i7-2700K / $332
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i7-3770S
[/td][td]
4 (8 )
[/td][td]
3.1 GHz
[/td][td]
3.9 GHz
[/td][td]
8 MB
[/td][td]
65 W
[/td][td]
$294
[/td][td]
i7-2600S / $294
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Core i7-3770T
[/td][td]
4 (8 )
[/td][td]
2.5 GHz
[/td][td]
3.7 GHz
[/td][td]
8 MB
[/td][td]
45 W
[/td][td]
$294
[/td][td]
N/A
[/td][/tr][/table]
Based on the early performance seen with Ivy Bridge, the price point will make it an easier decision to make the jump to Ivy Bridge for a new build in April / May over current generation Sandy Bridge. What remains to be seen is whether or not Ivy Bridge performance will be enough for users to jump from a current gen Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge on a compatible motherboard.

Link

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by tooWise

Just built one... what do you guys think?
Case --- Fractal Design R3 

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

Motherboard -- ASUS P8Z68-V LX 

RAM --- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24

Power Supply --- Cooler Master Silent Pro M700

Hard Drive --- Seagate 1.5TB 5900 RPM & Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB 

Everything came out to a little under $600 after the various taxes, fees & rebates.
16GB RAM, though?
laugh.gif

The Motherboard choice is 
smokin.gif

My rig cost me around $1400, including the mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, NZXT fan controller, the Gentle Typhoons, and the mods. 
ohwell.gif
Yea 16GB RAM is OD but $60 for DDR3 1600MHZ I couldn't pass up. At least I'm future proof for a while 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by tooWise

Just built one... what do you guys think?
Case --- Fractal Design R3 

CPU ---- Intel i3 2120 

Motherboard -- ASUS P8Z68-V LX 

RAM --- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24

Power Supply --- Cooler Master Silent Pro M700

Hard Drive --- Seagate 1.5TB 5900 RPM & Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB 

Everything came out to a little under $600 after the various taxes, fees & rebates.
16GB RAM, though?
laugh.gif

The Motherboard choice is 
smokin.gif

My rig cost me around $1400, including the mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, NZXT fan controller, the Gentle Typhoons, and the mods. 
ohwell.gif
Yea 16GB RAM is OD but $60 for DDR3 1600MHZ I couldn't pass up. At least I'm future proof for a while 
ohwell.gif

^ Man, that's a great deal. Got the same Corsair Vengeance 1600... but only 8GB for that price. Good pickup, sir.
smokin.gif

Good to see Ivy Bridge prices are not that bad... My friend's looking to upgrade soon. Still overclocking my 2600K bit-by-bit. Been running it at 4.0GHz for the past 3 weeks. Will set it to 4.2GHz by the weekend.

Heads-up to the NVIDIA dudes on here: new NVIDIA Drivers just came out today. Looks like it's mostly for Skyrim, but I've been reading it helps with Battlefield 3 as well.
Link to the Windows 7 64-bit download: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/40607

^ Man, that's a great deal. Got the same Corsair Vengeance 1600... but only 8GB for that price. Good pickup, sir.
smokin.gif

Good to see Ivy Bridge prices are not that bad... My friend's looking to upgrade soon. Still overclocking my 2600K bit-by-bit. Been running it at 4.0GHz for the past 3 weeks. Will set it to 4.2GHz by the weekend.

Heads-up to the NVIDIA dudes on here: new NVIDIA Drivers just came out today. Looks like it's mostly for Skyrim, but I've been reading it helps with Battlefield 3 as well.
Link to the Windows 7 64-bit download: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/40607

finally got a new laptop for xmas, I've had my last one for 5 years.

I got a samsung rc512 i7. Can some recommend me a mouse?

Originally Posted by ludex360

I have a Logitech M570 trackball mouse, like it since i don't have to move the mouse itself so it doesn't take up that much desk space.
smokin.gif

I have a Logitech M570 trackball mouse, like it since i don't have to move the mouse itself so it doesn't take up that much desk space.
smokin.gif

[table][tr][td][h2]January 03 2012[/h2][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][h5]Cooler Master Announces The Ultra Tower - COSMOS II[/h5][/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

In its 20[sup]th[/sup] year of service, Cooler Master, an industry leading chassis, thermal solution, power supply, peripheral, and accessory manufacturer, today announced the successor to a world renowned chassis line, the Cosmos II. Incomparable in design and specifications, the Cosmos II comes in as among the first of its type. It is an Ultra Tower; a benchmark for all enclosures that exist and all that follow.
Perfection in Design

Inspired by luxurious supercars, the exterior of the Cosmos II melds aluminum, steel, and mesh into an elegant artistic piece. It utilizes a high-grade aluminum for its primary construction and form. This is supplemented by steel and mesh to add to strength, stability, and overall appeal. It maintains its trademark Cosmos profile and outlook with its reinforced aluminum rails while being further refined for today’s advancements in air/water cooling, peripheral support, and styling. Following the supercar feel, the large aluminum side panels swing wide open with a small press of a button. Aluminum sliding doors adorn the well equipped fan and LED control and I/O ports function panel on the top of the case along with the front drive bays. These serve to obscure unsightly cabling and protect drive bays and devices.

Extreme Water cooling Potential

A stock Cosmos II supports a 240mm radiator in the top. Removal of the bottom hard drive cages results in space for a 240mm radiator placed on its side; having direct access to cold air from the exterior of the case. Mounting support will vary based on the radiator manufacturer. Large single 120mm or 140mm All-in-one (AIO) water cooling units are supported on the rear exhaust fan port.

Hardware Support

A full twenty percent larger than its predecessor, Cosmos II can effortlessly hold up to 13 3.5

[table][tr][td][h2]January 03 2012[/h2][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][h5]Cooler Master Announces The Ultra Tower - COSMOS II[/h5][/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

In its 20[sup]th[/sup] year of service, Cooler Master, an industry leading chassis, thermal solution, power supply, peripheral, and accessory manufacturer, today announced the successor to a world renowned chassis line, the Cosmos II. Incomparable in design and specifications, the Cosmos II comes in as among the first of its type. It is an Ultra Tower; a benchmark for all enclosures that exist and all that follow.
Perfection in Design

Inspired by luxurious supercars, the exterior of the Cosmos II melds aluminum, steel, and mesh into an elegant artistic piece. It utilizes a high-grade aluminum for its primary construction and form. This is supplemented by steel and mesh to add to strength, stability, and overall appeal. It maintains its trademark Cosmos profile and outlook with its reinforced aluminum rails while being further refined for today’s advancements in air/water cooling, peripheral support, and styling. Following the supercar feel, the large aluminum side panels swing wide open with a small press of a button. Aluminum sliding doors adorn the well equipped fan and LED control and I/O ports function panel on the top of the case along with the front drive bays. These serve to obscure unsightly cabling and protect drive bays and devices.

Extreme Water cooling Potential

A stock Cosmos II supports a 240mm radiator in the top. Removal of the bottom hard drive cages results in space for a 240mm radiator placed on its side; having direct access to cold air from the exterior of the case. Mounting support will vary based on the radiator manufacturer. Large single 120mm or 140mm All-in-one (AIO) water cooling units are supported on the rear exhaust fan port.

Hardware Support

A full twenty percent larger than its predecessor, Cosmos II can effortlessly hold up to 13 3.5

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

smokin.gif

CST L-Trac X. Bawse trackball. I have one in the mail somebody traded me a keyboard for
happy.gif

But really, if you can still find it I recommend the Logitech VX nano, great little mouse.

And I take back what I said about Dead Island. That game sucked.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

smokin.gif

CST L-Trac X. Bawse trackball. I have one in the mail somebody traded me a keyboard for
happy.gif

But really, if you can still find it I recommend the Logitech VX nano, great little mouse.

And I take back what I said about Dead Island. That game sucked.

Back
Top Bottom