Official PC thread.

usually all depends on your mouse sensor. some play better with hard and some play better with soft.

Damn. Keyboard elitist is right! Nice trackball mouse, too.

i just dropped 4 bills on a custom keyboard that im not suppose to have
nerd.gif

modded switches, full aluminum body, hard to come by keycap set.

so much win. but my pockets are hurting
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JackieBoy

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

That free mouse pad I got with the CM Storm Sentinel mouse isn't really holding up that nice now. Which one to get: a hard or soft mousepad?
nerd.gif
What games do you play?
Most pro-players play with soft mousepads. The soft ones are better with low senses, "big, black and thick". 

Prob I will always use a big soft mousepad, atm using the Ulti-Mat X3. I have 1 X4 in the closet tho.. 2big for me cus I'm not gaming anymore.

I don't know any reasons to buy a hard mousepad.. /feelsweirdman
The only games on PC that I really rely on mouse usage are FPS. Everything else I just use a PS3 controller.
laugh.gif

Only reason I don't like soft mousepads as of late is that they fall apart quite easily. And I think I have a tendency to drag along the mousepad at times when I use it (probably just a size and heaviness issue). Haven't really used a hard mousepad, so I have no comparison.

And my mouse has a laser sensor, but I just usually use it between 900-1800dpi. They say laser sensors work better on hard mousepads.

Looking at the SteelSeries QcK (sp?) line of mouse pads for now. Definitely going to get a bigger and heavier pad, for sure.

CWrite, $400 on a keyboard?!
eek.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JackieBoy

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

That free mouse pad I got with the CM Storm Sentinel mouse isn't really holding up that nice now. Which one to get: a hard or soft mousepad?
nerd.gif
What games do you play?
Most pro-players play with soft mousepads. The soft ones are better with low senses, "big, black and thick". 

Prob I will always use a big soft mousepad, atm using the Ulti-Mat X3. I have 1 X4 in the closet tho.. 2big for me cus I'm not gaming anymore.

I don't know any reasons to buy a hard mousepad.. /feelsweirdman
The only games on PC that I really rely on mouse usage are FPS. Everything else I just use a PS3 controller.
laugh.gif

Only reason I don't like soft mousepads as of late is that they fall apart quite easily. And I think I have a tendency to drag along the mousepad at times when I use it (probably just a size and heaviness issue). Haven't really used a hard mousepad, so I have no comparison.

And my mouse has a laser sensor, but I just usually use it between 900-1800dpi. They say laser sensors work better on hard mousepads.

Looking at the SteelSeries QcK (sp?) line of mouse pads for now. Definitely going to get a bigger and heavier pad, for sure.

CWrite, $400 on a keyboard?!
eek.gif
sick.gif

Well, that was fast. Copped myself a new mousepad a while ago.
laugh.gif

I've decided to give a hard mouse pad a try and got the Razer Vespula mouse pad. Saw the SteelSeries QcK Pro Heavy mouse pad and it was huge! Too big for my table, unfortunately.
Liking this one so far. It's double-sided (smooth/matte finish) and has a gel wrist rest (which won me over
laugh.gif
). Definitely noticed that trackin's a bit more accurate with this pad.
smokin.gif

400926_10150506884903736_1091495111_n.jpg

Well, that was fast. Copped myself a new mousepad a while ago.
laugh.gif

I've decided to give a hard mouse pad a try and got the Razer Vespula mouse pad. Saw the SteelSeries QcK Pro Heavy mouse pad and it was huge! Too big for my table, unfortunately.
Liking this one so far. It's double-sided (smooth/matte finish) and has a gel wrist rest (which won me over
laugh.gif
). Definitely noticed that trackin's a bit more accurate with this pad.
smokin.gif

400926_10150506884903736_1091495111_n.jpg

i think i have the house brand version of the vespula from rocket fish. good mouse pad. i use the "control" side.

i think i have the house brand version of the vespula from rocket fish. good mouse pad. i use the "control" side.

good looks on the Rocketfish mouse pads. essentially the same thing (minus the gel wrist rest) at $17.99
eek.gif
 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...oductCategoryId=abcat0515032&id=1218330801441
Played a few rounds of Battlefield 3 with the new mouse pad. Sniping is definitely more accurate using the "Control" side. The gel wrist rest needs to be broken in somewhat. It's a little stiffer than I would like for now, or I'm just not used to it.
laugh.gif

good looks on the Rocketfish mouse pads. essentially the same thing (minus the gel wrist rest) at $17.99
eek.gif
 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...oductCategoryId=abcat0515032&id=1218330801441
Played a few rounds of Battlefield 3 with the new mouse pad. Sniping is definitely more accurate using the "Control" side. The gel wrist rest needs to be broken in somewhat. It's a little stiffer than I would like for now, or I'm just not used to it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Griffin powermate. Volume control, scroll wheel, many more things. Thing is awesome.

Just watched a review on it. I really want this now lol

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Griffin powermate. Volume control, scroll wheel, many more things. Thing is awesome.

Just watched a review on it. I really want this now lol

Just read this thread from pages 1-26 so far (was bored ). CWrite78's keyboard addiction origins
eek.gif

Anyway, I think some of that kinda rubbed off on me.
laugh.gif
Saw online that someone locally sells Filco accessories.
ohwell.gif
Ordered a Filco key cap puller, a red Esc key, and a set of red WASD keys. I'm picking them up tomorrow.
smokin.gif

Got a few things I ordered from the US arriving here in the PI this week. One of them is another input device.
happy.gif
I lasted about three months without buying anything (up to the point where I bought the Razer Vespula mouse pad). Oh well. 
embarassed.gif

By the way, I forgot I also have another input device at home that I didn't mention: the sim racing cockpit I originally designed and helped build for Gran Turismo 5. I found the Playseat wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too overpriced, especially over here; so I built my own for about half the price (including labor costs). It only has a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and pedals set, since the G27 was sold out everywhere when the game came out (should have copped it the same day I copped GT5
ohwell.gif
). But at half the price, it's decent. I just don't like the plastic pedals and "paddle shifter" buttons they come with. 

156317_476134593735_593738735_5823481_6864497_n.jpg

The cockpit has gone through a revision already. Made it about 15% shorter, and about 25% lighter. Could've taken a lot more weight off, but I'd have to rebuild it. And it'll cost more than I'd like it to.

309761_10150294881398736_593738735_7967649_1396868504_n.jpg

Also got another project lined up that's a bit related to the one above. Somewhat PC-related. Stay tuned. 
wink.gif

Just read this thread from pages 1-26 so far (was bored ). CWrite78's keyboard addiction origins
eek.gif

Anyway, I think some of that kinda rubbed off on me.
laugh.gif
Saw online that someone locally sells Filco accessories.
ohwell.gif
Ordered a Filco key cap puller, a red Esc key, and a set of red WASD keys. I'm picking them up tomorrow.
smokin.gif

Got a few things I ordered from the US arriving here in the PI this week. One of them is another input device.
happy.gif
I lasted about three months without buying anything (up to the point where I bought the Razer Vespula mouse pad). Oh well. 
embarassed.gif

By the way, I forgot I also have another input device at home that I didn't mention: the sim racing cockpit I originally designed and helped build for Gran Turismo 5. I found the Playseat wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too overpriced, especially over here; so I built my own for about half the price (including labor costs). It only has a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and pedals set, since the G27 was sold out everywhere when the game came out (should have copped it the same day I copped GT5
ohwell.gif
). But at half the price, it's decent. I just don't like the plastic pedals and "paddle shifter" buttons they come with. 

156317_476134593735_593738735_5823481_6864497_n.jpg

The cockpit has gone through a revision already. Made it about 15% shorter, and about 25% lighter. Could've taken a lot more weight off, but I'd have to rebuild it. And it'll cost more than I'd like it to.

309761_10150294881398736_593738735_7967649_1396868504_n.jpg

Also got another project lined up that's a bit related to the one above. Somewhat PC-related. Stay tuned. 
wink.gif

Also, just found out that 1200dpi is nowhere near a low dpi setting. Didn't know how I've been coping with sniping targets using 900dpi. Got to fix that one of these days.
laugh.gif

Also, just found out that 1200dpi is nowhere near a low dpi setting. Didn't know how I've been coping with sniping targets using 900dpi. Got to fix that one of these days.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom