Official PC thread.

^ Thanks.
Got my red Esc and red purple WASD keys earlier today, along with a Filco key puller. Luckily found someone that sold them locally. 
smokin.gif

431055_10150531953483736_593738735_8970989_2074882799_n.jpg

Wish someone locally sold different-colored CTRL / Alt / Enter / Space / Shift keys as well.

That key puller is gonna come in real handy when cleaning my keyboard. 

^ Thanks.
Got my red Esc and red purple WASD keys earlier today, along with a Filco key puller. Luckily found someone that sold them locally. 
smokin.gif

Wish someone locally sold different-colored CTRL / Alt / Enter / Space / Shift keys as well.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Microsoft Removes Start Button from Windows 8[/h1]
After 17 years, the Start button is out.

loupe.gif
Image credit: PC Beta

Microsoft has made quite a few changes to the Windows user interface with Windows 8. Today, we learn about one more change the company has made to the upcoming operating system: the company is ditching the 'Start' button it first introduced with Windows 95.

Users of previous builds of Windows 8 will know that the Start button is flatter than we've seen in older iterations of Windows. The new appearance, though different to what users are accustomed to, better matched the over-all appearance of Windows 8. However, not content to just alter the Start button so that it better fits in with the Windows 8 UI, it seems Microsoft has elected to do away with the Start button completely.

Those that have used the Windows 8 "Consumer Preview" version (build 8220), which was leaked this weekend, say that the Start button has been removed. The Windows Superbar, first introduced in Windows 7, now extends the whole way across the bottom of the screen. However, is not lost. The Verge cites sources close to Microsoft that say the Start button's functionality isn't completely dead:

"We have confirmed with sources close to Microsoft's Windows 8 development that a hot corner has replaced the Start button orb. A thumbnail-like user interface will appear in Metro or desktop mode, providing a consistent way to access the Windows desktop and Start Screen in Windows 8 regardless of touch or mouse input," writes Tom Warren. "The new interface is activated on hover from the lower-left corner of Windows 8 and includes a thumbnail preview of where you will navigate to after clicking on the new visual element."

So, it's gone, but it still exists in some form. No telling if this will be a permanent change before the final release of Windows 8, but we'll keep you posted.

Microsoft Removes Start Button from Windows 8Link
pimp.gif

W8= easy %%*$+@! pass

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Microsoft Removes Start Button from Windows 8[/h1]
After 17 years, the Start button is out.

loupe.gif
Image credit: PC Beta

Microsoft has made quite a few changes to the Windows user interface with Windows 8. Today, we learn about one more change the company has made to the upcoming operating system: the company is ditching the 'Start' button it first introduced with Windows 95.

Users of previous builds of Windows 8 will know that the Start button is flatter than we've seen in older iterations of Windows. The new appearance, though different to what users are accustomed to, better matched the over-all appearance of Windows 8. However, not content to just alter the Start button so that it better fits in with the Windows 8 UI, it seems Microsoft has elected to do away with the Start button completely.

Those that have used the Windows 8 "Consumer Preview" version (build 8220), which was leaked this weekend, say that the Start button has been removed. The Windows Superbar, first introduced in Windows 7, now extends the whole way across the bottom of the screen. However, is not lost. The Verge cites sources close to Microsoft that say the Start button's functionality isn't completely dead:

"We have confirmed with sources close to Microsoft's Windows 8 development that a hot corner has replaced the Start button orb. A thumbnail-like user interface will appear in Metro or desktop mode, providing a consistent way to access the Windows desktop and Start Screen in Windows 8 regardless of touch or mouse input," writes Tom Warren. "The new interface is activated on hover from the lower-left corner of Windows 8 and includes a thumbnail preview of where you will navigate to after clicking on the new visual element."

So, it's gone, but it still exists in some form. No telling if this will be a permanent change before the final release of Windows 8, but we'll keep you posted.

Microsoft Removes Start Button from Windows 8Link
pimp.gif

W8= easy %%*$+@! pass

I have a question, i want a new processor in my computer, do i just put it in and go? or is there something i need to do for it to install correctly?

I have a question, i want a new processor in my computer, do i just put it in and go? or is there something i need to do for it to install correctly?

Your motherboard has to support the processor you want install. If its the same chip, but upgraded version (say an i5-750 to a i5-760) a simple bios update could do it.

But if you're going for something with a totally different architecture (i5-750 to i5-2600k) you will need a new motherboard.

Same if you are going intel to amd or vice versa.

Your motherboard has to support the processor you want install. If its the same chip, but upgraded version (say an i5-750 to a i5-760) a simple bios update could do it.

But if you're going for something with a totally different architecture (i5-750 to i5-2600k) you will need a new motherboard.

Same if you are going intel to amd or vice versa.

I just bought a toshiba satellite c655 laptop, are there any snap on covers out there?

Like the ones they have for a macbook.

I just bought a toshiba satellite c655 laptop, are there any snap on covers out there?

Like the ones they have for a macbook.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ Thanks.
smokin.gif

you need moar wasd keys

24bj3x1.jpg

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ Thanks.
smokin.gif

you need moar wasd keys

24bj3x1.jpg

^ damb... that's way too many!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, just finished my mini-project: Used the second of the pair of bucket seats I had lying around and made it into an office chair. Now I can browse and game for more hours much more comfortably.
pimp.gif
Just have to paint it again this weekend. Worked out some of the kinks yesterday.
419750_10150540894973736_593738735_8993048_1990631578_n.jpg

Finally got this in the mail as well. Shipment got delayed over the weekend. They feel great so far. Just going to try to make them work with BF3 first.
smile.gif
It's working with FSX, Apache Air Assault, and DCS A-10C Warthog so far.
429083_10150547462833736_593738735_9015691_2069057325_n.jpg

^ damb... that's way too many!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, just finished my mini-project: Used the second of the pair of bucket seats I had lying around and made it into an office chair. Now I can browse and game for more hours much more comfortably.
pimp.gif
Just have to paint it again this weekend. Worked out some of the kinks yesterday.
419750_10150540894973736_593738735_8993048_1990631578_n.jpg

Finally got this in the mail as well. Shipment got delayed over the weekend. They feel great so far. Just going to try to make them work with BF3 first.
smile.gif
It's working with FSX, Apache Air Assault, and DCS A-10C Warthog so far.
429083_10150547462833736_593738735_9015691_2069057325_n.jpg

Chair looks cool. How comfortable is it? I desperately need a new chair lol. I got mine free from this place that was going out of business... like 6 years ago haha.

Btw I'm getting a ton of keycaps this month, lmk if you want any. Just pay the postage.

Chair looks cool. How comfortable is it? I desperately need a new chair lol. I got mine free from this place that was going out of business... like 6 years ago haha.

Btw I'm getting a ton of keycaps this month, lmk if you want any. Just pay the postage.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

I got the seat from a Japan Surplus auto shop locally for around $50 for the pair, back when I was looking for a decent sporty-looking bucket seat for my driving sim cockpit. 
I couldn't find any used Recaro or Sparco ones around for cheap, so I went with these. Comfort-wise it's pretty good; you can play/surf for longer hours, for sure. It's largely because of the built-in headrest in my opinion (which most office chairs lack), and the thicker padding. Car seat designs seem intended for long-distance driving, after all. 

The reclining mechanism still works on this one, and the reclining + sliding mechanism on the driving sim cockpit still works (already dozed off in that, btw. damn endurance races.
laugh.gif
). 

Nice. What kind of keycaps do you got coming in?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

I got the seat from a Japan Surplus auto shop locally for around $50 for the pair, back when I was looking for a decent sporty-looking bucket seat for my driving sim cockpit. 
I couldn't find any used Recaro or Sparco ones around for cheap, so I went with these. Comfort-wise it's pretty good; you can play/surf for longer hours, for sure. It's largely because of the built-in headrest in my opinion (which most office chairs lack), and the thicker padding. Car seat designs seem intended for long-distance driving, after all. 

The reclining mechanism still works on this one, and the reclining + sliding mechanism on the driving sim cockpit still works (already dozed off in that, btw. damn endurance races.
laugh.gif
). 

Nice. What kind of keycaps do you got coming in?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

By the way, programming the X52 Pro for each game is a pain in the ***, especially in BF3. DICE's joystick support sucks #@#@.

By the way, programming the X52 Pro for each game is a pain in the ***, especially in BF3. DICE's joystick support sucks #@#@.

^lol. nice Esc and Radioactive trefoil keycaps. Do you know any nice sites that sells colored CTRL/SHIFT/ALT/SPACEBAR keys?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom