Official PC thread.

^lol. nice Esc and Radioactive trefoil keycaps. Do you know any nice sites that sells colored CTRL/SHIFT/ALT/SPACEBAR keys?
nerd.gif

i wish i had the skills to build a chair, i desperately need one

You'd only need a drill, some screws/bolts, a screwdriver/wrench at the very least. And an old donor office chair for the base. Just take off the brackets underneath the car seat and both onto the base. Some guys used a piece of hardwood to use as a base to bolt on the seat onto the chair base.

i wish i had the skills to build a chair, i desperately need one

You'd only need a drill, some screws/bolts, a screwdriver/wrench at the very least. And an old donor office chair for the base. Just take off the brackets underneath the car seat and both onto the base. Some guys used a piece of hardwood to use as a base to bolt on the seat onto the chair base.

good looks on the sites. will check them out. Not sure if geekhack ships overseas, though.

good looks on the sites. will check them out. Not sure if geekhack ships overseas, though.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

world wide.

we have members from brazil, malaysia, all over europe etc etc
okay then. thanks. will look into WASD keyboards first before I go with the group buys with GeekHack.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

world wide.

we have members from brazil, malaysia, all over europe etc etc
okay then. thanks. will look into WASD keyboards first before I go with the group buys with GeekHack.

Hey NT, can anyone school me on SSDs? Might get one soon for my birthday in a couple of weeks. What do I need to know (brands, performance, etc.)?
nerd.gif
Thanks in advance.

Hey NT, can anyone school me on SSDs? Might get one soon for my birthday in a couple of weeks. What do I need to know (brands, performance, etc.)?
nerd.gif
Thanks in advance.

What I have learned from SSDs.. Atm they are expensive as fok, but great OS hds.

I'm going to buy Kingston 120gb SSD, the cheapest one I can get. Don't care so much about the speeds cus it's faster than HDD anyways.

And yes, Kingston beacuse I'm a "fanboy".

What I have learned from SSDs.. Atm they are expensive as fok, but great OS hds.

I'm going to buy Kingston 120gb SSD, the cheapest one I can get. Don't care so much about the speeds cus it's faster than HDD anyways.

And yes, Kingston beacuse I'm a "fanboy".

Intel 510's, Crucial M4, or Samsung 830 for best performance/reliability combo
Intel 320's good if your on a budget.

Intel 510's, Crucial M4, or Samsung 830 for best performance/reliability combo
Intel 320's good if your on a budget.

^ Thanks for the input, guys.

Locally (in the PI), SSD prices are about $50 more expensive on average compared to NewEgg prices factoring in their shipping expenses and desired profit margin. Really jelly about those prices, especially with those with $30 mail-in rebates.
ohwell.gif

The Intel 510 looks nice, but seems pretty expensive. It's round the same price as the Kingston HyperX, the Patriot Wildfire and Pyro. The Crucial M4 is priced around the same... albeit slightly cheaper.

The cheapest SATA III 6GB/s 120GB SSDs I can find here are the Corsair Force GT, which is about $80 less than the ones I mentioned above. The OCZ Vertex 3 can be had for about $30 more.

Problem with the Corsair Force GT was that they recalled these last year (well, it was last year... the ones now might be a new batch?
nerd.gif
). It's the only one within my budget -well I could stretch my budget a bit and consider the Vertex 3. Just going to use it as a boot drive and maybe load a select few other programs on it (like Battlefield 3, Adobe Photoshop, Media Encoder, etc.), and just use my 1TB WD Caviar Black as a slave drive for my movies, music, and other media. This should also help with me recording games with Fraps, I think.

Thoughts?
nerd.gif

^ Thanks for the input, guys.

Locally (in the PI), SSD prices are about $50 more expensive on average compared to NewEgg prices factoring in their shipping expenses and desired profit margin. Really jelly about those prices, especially with those with $30 mail-in rebates.
ohwell.gif

The Intel 510 looks nice, but seems pretty expensive. It's round the same price as the Kingston HyperX, the Patriot Wildfire and Pyro. The Crucial M4 is priced around the same... albeit slightly cheaper.

The cheapest SATA III 6GB/s 120GB SSDs I can find here are the Corsair Force GT, which is about $80 less than the ones I mentioned above. The OCZ Vertex 3 can be had for about $30 more.

Problem with the Corsair Force GT was that they recalled these last year (well, it was last year... the ones now might be a new batch?
nerd.gif
). It's the only one within my budget -well I could stretch my budget a bit and consider the Vertex 3. Just going to use it as a boot drive and maybe load a select few other programs on it (like Battlefield 3, Adobe Photoshop, Media Encoder, etc.), and just use my 1TB WD Caviar Black as a slave drive for my movies, music, and other media. This should also help with me recording games with Fraps, I think.

Thoughts?
nerd.gif

Just based off the newegg reviews of the Corsair Force GT & the OCZ Vertex 3, i'd get the Force GT. The Vertex 3 has a bunch of problems and is more expensive while the Force GT seems to be holding up well for people now after the 1.3.3 firmware update.

Check out this write up of how to optimize your ssd if you need some info:Link

Just based off the newegg reviews of the Corsair Force GT & the OCZ Vertex 3, i'd get the Force GT. The Vertex 3 has a bunch of problems and is more expensive while the Force GT seems to be holding up well for people now after the 1.3.3 firmware update.

Check out this write up of how to optimize your ssd if you need some info:Link

Back
Top Bottom