***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

I have been thinking the exact same thing ever since the Atlanta game.
I think its a good idea for several reasons, the first being how effective he is running. Even though Vick has improved his pocket passing the reason he is so dynamic is his ability to get outside and pick up huge amounts of yardage with his legs. I know QB's are supposed to throw the ball, but if he sees an open lane and can pick up a first down why shouldn't he just run the ball? It makes no sense to me why you would try to take that away from him.

I also think it could help him avoid hits, when he's in the pocket standing straight up trying to pass and he gets hit he has no way to protect himself. If he's outside of the pocket more times than not he will be able to see the hits coming and can protect and brace himself for the hit, or slide if he has too. That's one thing I think he can improve, I know he is reluctant to do slide but I would like to see him start doing that more because we need him to play more than just the first half of every game.

Exactly. Before the season began, critics were saying "Vick can't just grab the ball and run like he used to because he has better receivers than he did in Atlanta, and he puts himself in place to injure himself." Ok, but the 2 games where he stayed in the pocket longest are the only 2 games where he got hurt
laugh.gif
.  I agree with him using his legs to avoid hits, but this is what I'm thinking. Our biggest defensive weakness is the young offensive line, and teams KNOW this. I'm sure every scouting report says "Eagles offensive line is weak. Must expose them and get to the QB" This means consistent blitzes and pressure from the opposing defense.

The best thing to do would be allowing the offense to set up for w/e the play is and tell Vick "if you feel the pressure is gonna come from the middle, run towards the sideline and gain some yards." This would greatly impact the way the defense comes at him. If the defense sees that their pass rush down the middle is leading to Vick running around the line, they'll start bringing more pressure from the sides instead. Once this happens, Vick can just throw the ball to the slot receivers or hope Maclin or Desean get open for a huge gain. One on one coverage works to the receivers advantage. Especially Desean with his speed.

Then, if the opposing defense realizes their presure is giving up too many yards to Vick scrambling and short passes turning into bigger gains, they hand the ball to McCoy and let him do work on a 4 man rush. McCoy is one of the best RB at avoiding tackles, so if he avoids a few tackles once he gets thru the line, he'll have a lot of open space since the opposing defense will either be running man defense, or some sort of zone.

RoobCSN Reuben Frank
Everybody but Juqua Parker (ankle) and Brandon Hughes (hamstring) is practicing. We started outdoors & moved indoors because of rain

RoobCSN Reuben Frank

Word in the locker room is there could be an expanded role Sunday for veteran CB Joselio Hanson. Tough, physical, sound tackler.

evansilva Evan Silva
ESPN's Adam Schefter on Frank Gore (ankle): "The 49ers think that they'll have Gore in some type of limited role" against the #Eagles.  

What are your expectations for the 49ers game? I'm expecting a good game from Vick. I feel like he was too cocky out of the gate, expecting to do work like he did late last season. But he's had a wakeup call having the start that he's had, and he will come out motivated. Think LeSean will play well, but not great just bc the 49ers run defense is pretty good.

Expecting the defense to hold the 49ers to minimal points. Alex Smith is not very efficient, and they don't have many good receivers. Their only good receiver is their TE but I see them playing man coverage in the secondary so they can contain the run. Alex Smith isn't capable of throwing for big yards so the 1 on 1 coverage should be able to contain the receivers.

My prediction is 35-10

^ I don't think the 49ers have the offense to keep up with the Birds but then again I thought the same thing last week but I think you will see a much different Eagles team show up this week.

Yeah def expect a very motivated game this week. Vick saying they'll have to drag him off the field even if he's injured made me think he's very focused on a W...Last week wasn't expected but it wasn't a shocker. They had a healthy Bradshaw for speed and a healthy Jacobs for power running. 49ers have an injured Frank Gore. I don't think Eli is as good as a lot of people claim, but he did win a Superbowl. Alex Smith isn't even a top 20 QB so he's not gonna make the plays Eli did.

I've been MIA for a couple of reasons(school, and attempting to put the last couple of losses behind me). I thought I'd chime in by saying VICK WILL REDEEM HIMSELF! let's go!

I need a blowout tbh

No ayo. Then if we cld beat the most likely undefeated bills @ their house things would start looking up.

The worst thing about being an Eagles' fan in NYC besides having to beef with Giants' fans all season, is having to watch non-televised games online
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

The worst thing about being an Eagles' fan in NYC besides having to beef with Giants' fans all season, is having to watch non-televised games online
30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif
 Where can I get that? I'm in Canada and the game isn't televised here either

We've had a red zone turnover in every game
indifferent.gif

Ronnie Brown attempting to pass the ball on a goal line run
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

30t6p3b.gif

yup 
tired.gif

%!@*%%* GARBAGE & I DNT WANNA HEAR NO $+!*@##! CUPCAKE POST INTERVIEW FROM REID. SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET FIRED

This team is +!%@### garbage. We've been outscored in ALL 4th quarters. We can't stop the run, we give up big plays. The offense can't move the +!%@### ball without turning it over. Heads need to be cut and Juan Castillo is one of the guys that needs to be gone. Get a damn veteran from FA to kick some damn field goals too. This is a god damn shame.

I don't even know what to say man, we cave under pressure

Vick the only one who showed up today, no help from the defense WHATSOEVER

someone has to be held accountable, I'm talking benching guys, trades or whatever

I'm so tight
30t6p3b.gif
I can't even make any excuses for this sorry loss. Up 20 in the 3rd and you lose?! Are you kidding me?! We had Alex Smith looking like a pro bowl QB, and had Gore running better than he has all season. Juan Castillo is garbage and he needs to go. Calls the worst plays in the most important times of the games.

McCoy ran all over the Giants and you decide to barely hand the ball off to him all game? Idc how good the 49ers run defense is. When you're passing on almost every possession, you're making the offense unbelievably predictable. The 49ers didn't play the run at all in the 2nd half which is why the pass offense got locked down
30t6p3b.gif

Maclin needs to learn how to tuck the ball. The 2 yards he gains by not protecting the ball is not more important than keeping the possession.

Cowboys let the Lions come back and win, so let's hope the Giants lose as well so that we're still in the mix of the division. The ******** are 3-1 but idk if they're good enough to keep that going when their schedule picks up.

36-0? seriously, welp i can wait another season to see Andy Reid removed

I don't know what to say
30t6p3b.gif
I still don't know what the hell Andy Reid is doing in the redzone, and I don't think he does either
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Our defense is terrible, and changes need to be made ASAP

At least the Cowboys lost and hopefully the Giants do too

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Truth....and we need a true Defensive Coordinator. I have no clue how an offensive line coach gets put in defensive role

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Truth....and we need a true Defensive Coordinator. I have no clue how an offensive line coach gets put in defensive role
like....wat type of rationale is that
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom