***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

^ i know it was a trade proposed by adam schefter, but it does make sense

DJ williams and dwak to philly.. although it comes down to williams contract.. but i think dawk basically comes in like an extra coach and he would have value in just that, plus he can retire as an eagle

and i wonder what lions would be willing to give up from ronnie brown (since they are HURTING for a running game)

my thing with babin is he loses his value when we get out of the wide 9.. and that's what we're doing.. or at least getting away from it and only lining up 1 guy out that wide

babin would really just be a value trade, since he has so many sacks (maybe babin and brown to the lions for something)

Babin to the Lions? Are you crazy? lol. Think about how good that Lions D will be. We may face them in the playoffs
nerd.gif

^ i hate saying this.. but we gotta get there first

and i'm trying think who is expendable AND brings back the highest value..

with cole back, i think we can get pressure with our front 4 even without babin

just throwing out ideas really.. cause i'm not even sure what we would want or get back from the lions

but i could see them wanting asante, brown and/or babin (babin would just be a luxury for them).. tulloch does well in the system but how do we work that trade?

DJ is the only LB out there i could see being available and that could help our situation at LB (since i doubt tulloch is available)

EDIT:
williams' contract:
http://bleacherreport.com...frees-another-36-million

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^ i hate saying this.. but we gotta get there first

and i'm trying think who is expendable AND brings back the highest value..

with cole back, i think we can get pressure with our front 4 even without babin

laugh.gif
 Trust me I know. I was just being hopeful. We can do it though .Our window of error is low but I do believe

^ me too..

honestly, now that i'm thinking about it.. that DJ williams move would be a great move.. if elway is as determined as he seems to want to suck 4 luck.. then we can prob get him for cheap (thinking mid round pick or picks).. but we have a ton already

and could easily get those picks back now or later.. cause we know asante will be traded this offseason, if not by tomorrow

Yeah the team has a huge amount of draft picks which works to their advantage when trying to make a trade. Especially to a team like the Broncos that are trying to rebuild. They got rid of Brandon Lloyd so if we give them a draft pick for Dawkins, they can use that to draft either a RB to take some pressure off Luck or to draft a promising young WR.

I just feel a lot of our "expendable pieces" are expendable because the majority of the offense is healthy. We don't need Steve Smith or Ronnie Brown at this point because the starting receivers are playing well and McCoy is playing great. But if one of our receivers goes down late in the season, Steve Smith will be big as a replacement. Same goes for Ronnie. Let's say Jenkins gets hurt late in the season after Babin is hypothetically traded. Then letting him go will be extremely regretful unless they get a high level pass rusher in return. Vince Young isn't going anywhere either. The only way we would have been able to get rid of him would be if he had done well when he came into the game on Sunday or if they had put him in the game late against the Falcons and he took the team down the field for a game winning TD. Right now his only production on the season is 0 completed passes, 1 INT
laugh.gif

^ yea i get ya.. and obviously that was our thinking signing these dudes

but with being at 4 losses already.. we need to start taking risk, cause our room for error is gone anyways

add steve smith to that list of guys i would check and see what we would be able to get for him..

basically anyone who would be gone or not coming back next year, i would check what we could get now for them

The team should have taken a shot at Aaron Curry. They let dude go for a draft pick. I would have taken a risk on him even though he hasn't reached the potential he had coming into the league.

does anyone know if eddie royal is healthy?

cause with his return ability, he might be a better fit for our team than smith is (and could also be had for cheap, given what they gave lloyd up for).. and we could then use smith to package with asante and maybe try and swindle a 1st in the trade suggested below (they NEED a RB.. but could also use a good 2nd WR)

cause i like both of these trade suggested by adam schefter in this article:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/st...ble-trades-probably-made

• Denver trades LB D.J. Williams and safety Brian Dawkins to the Eagles for a third-round pick: For simply one of the surplus of picks that they already have, the Eagles could get two players they need: the type of linebacker their defense lacks and the type of leader they should not have let go.

• Philadelphia trades CB Asante Samuel to the Lions for a second-round pick: Few teams are as demanding in trade talks as the Eagles, but the day is going to come when they trade Samuel. And the Lions could use another premier cornerback to help battle the Packers in the regular season and, quite possibly, in the postseason.

"Eagles on pace for 7,066 yards, which would be 2nd-most in NFL history (2000 Rams, 7075)." - roob frank

DJ Williams definitely, but if Dawkins wants to come sure, but there really isn't a need for him. Kurt Coleman is pretty damn good judging by his last outing...matter of fact our whole secondary is pretty good. Its just the linebackers that need Jesus. Finding love in all the wrong places, letting players run all over them
30t6p3b.gif
Williams would help us greatly!

laugh.gif

But other than that... the Vince Young deal should not go down man Vick is a man made of glass. Like the extra brittle variety from K-Mart. We might need VY whenever he decides to stop foolin around with that hamstring.

if raiders offered anything even remotely in the vicinity of what they gave up for palmer for young..

i would personally fly up to philly and pack his bags, take him to the airport, buy his ticket, get on the plane with him and drive him to the raiders' facility

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

if raiders offered anything even remotely in the vicinity of what they gave up for palmer for young..

i would personally fly up to philly and pack his bags, take him to the airport, buy his ticket, get on the plane with him and drive him to the raiders' facility

laugh.gif
 What if they somehow dump DRC instead
indifferent.gif

^ they better not..

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Eagles letting it be known that CB Asante Samuel could be had prior to the trade deadline.  

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Not sure odds of it going down are great but its certainly possible. Samuel very likely in his last year in Philly. Eagles already loaded with picks though. Need LBs and linemen

Apart from trading Asante for a decent LB I really don't think we need to make any trades.

The offense looks good, its been their own stupid mistakes that have been costing us games. Sure we need upgrades on the offensive line but I don't see us getting anyone good right now. If they stop turning the ball over in the redzone we should be good.

Our problems on defense are more with the schemes rather than the personal, I think we are set in the secondary (apart from Asante) if they let our guys play man to man instead of zone. The d-line has shown they can get pressure and if we don't run the wide 9 on every play they can be very effective. The only place where we lack a good group of guys is at LB, but hopefully with more experience they can improve and build on this weekends win, especially the success we had defending the run.

^ we need to move asante for the highest draft picks we could possibly get..

then turn around and try and get DJ williams for some mid round picks.. hell i wouldn't mind getting eddie royal and dawks as well (see what i said about royal above.. and we would be able to move smith after)

and i agree we don't need dawk, but still love to have him here mentoring the young guys.. and available just in case

Agreed that we need to move Asante, but other than that I don't think we need to make any moves except at LB

We're losing games because of stupid mistakes and schemes not because of the personal that we have

^ i agree..

williams is the only player out there that could be available that works for us.. and obviously an asante for williams trade doesn't make sense for either team

i agree with these tweets:
RoobCSN Reuben Frank
Eagles don't need o-line. Where? Peters / Mathis / Kelce or Jamaal / Watkins / Herremans when healthy is a pretty darn good line.

RoobCSN Reuben Frank
Watkins has been very good in his two starts. Wayyyyyyy better than preseason. Still makes some mental errors, but is very tough & physical.

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Agreed that we need to move Asante, but other than that I don't think we need to make any moves except at LB

We're losing games because of stupid mistakes and schemes not because of the personal that we have

Offensive line is just as weak as the LB core. It's difficult to find a team willing to let go of a quality offensive lineman but I would take a shot and hope somebody bites

Back
Top Bottom