***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

i truly think that the eagles are a top 5 team. We are struggling on offensive line and defense. please let our guys play to our strenths and we will succeed...theres no reason we shouldnt be 4-1 right now. But dont count us out....we only have 4 losses.. if we just let our guys play man, and let mccoy run the ball, ground pound clock management, i think we will win. prediction

10-6 or 9-7

BTW what was the purpose of picking up ronnie brown, if we arn't going to use him.. hes our biggest back, he needs some playing time.. them 3rd and 1's need to go to brown..

Originally Posted by mackmittenzz

BTW what was the purpose of picking up ronnie brown, if we arn't going to use him.. hes our biggest back, he needs some playing time.. them 3rd and 1's need to go to brown..
there is no point in picking him up or Steve Smith when you could have invested in positions of need
the only reason I am not breaking stuff over the Eagles is b/c of the disappointment that the Phillies have left me with. 

They better beat the ******** this week; going to have to go 8-3 to have any shot of winning this division. 

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

problem is.. we don't have the personnel to do it.. i did the whole write up in the week in review thread..

but we basically set a whole bunch of ppl up to fail by not playing to their strengths.. aside from babin and asante
And that's the most frustrating thing, if it has become that obvious that we don't have the personal to make the scheme work because our LB's aren't very good then we shouldn't be trying to run the wide 9

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by mackmittenzz

there is no point in picking him up or Steve Smith when you could have invested in positions of need

They better beat the ******** this week; going to have to go 8-3 to have any shot of winning this division. 

i was wondering was he hurt..... but andy just has him on the pine for show
30t6p3b.gif

If our defense played like they did in the 2nd half, which was better than most weeks. I think we would have pretty good chances on stopping teams. 

On 97.5 The Fanatic today w/ Mike Missanelli Sal Paolantonio said that Juan Castillo was Reid's 6th choice for defensive coordinator. Reids top choices in order that they either discussed bringing in or talked to about coming in were:

1. Rob Ryan -"they almost had Rob Ryan" but he already had a handshake deal w/ Jerry Jones that he didn't want to break. Added that Buddy Ryan went "ballistic" over Rob going to the Cowboys (sounded like not over the Eagles but just in general).

2. Eric Mangini, Sal says he's not sure how the Eagles would have "sold" him to Eagles fans & media after his failures in Cleveland & New York (didn't says thats why he wasn't hired though, didn't give reason).

3. Jim Mora Jr., says the Eagles "reached out to him"

4. Mike Zimmer of the Bengals

5. Dennis Allen, was secondary coach in New Orleans. Chose Denver over Philly because Washburn was already hired & he didn't want to use the wide 9. Says Allen didn't think his system would be "compatible" w/ the wide 9.

6. Juan Castillo. Says that Castillo was hired because he doesn't have a "trademark" or a system so he was ok with using the wide 9.

He didn't say whether or not they reached out to Mangini & Zimmer or just discussed them internally but they did reach out to Ryan, Mora & Allen.

Heres the link to the podcast. They start discussing the above about half way through.

http://www.975thefan...ntryID=10299586

^ kinda think that was damage control on sal's part, just to show they tried getting someone else..

the not hiring winston moss is going bite us big time, since he might end up being our new coach if things don't get turned around.. and at least we would have been able to see what he is capable of (this also applies to trgovac)

not hiring Castillo is not what is wrong with the D; it's the fact that Reid brought in Washburn which it seems he had planned to do no matter who the coordinator was

^ i think that's why we couldn't bring in a legit guy..

but it doesn't help that you have an inexperienced guy who can't step up and say to hell with this.. we need to win

add babin and steve smith to the list of ppl i dont expect to be back next year.. hopefully we could trade babin, who is under a reasonably contract, to a team like the lions.. who have the DTs to properly run the wide 9

with trent and jenkins, we'll be able to get pressure in a normal alignment.. and hopefully dixon comes back OK and can be that clog at the other DT spot

LET THIS #@@!%! LOSE AGAIN COME SUNDAY. LORD KNOWS I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTAIN MY ANGRY THIS TIME

Well fellas, Page has lost his starting job, and Coleman is taking the starting role at safety for Sundays game.
The Eagles' merry-go-round at safety paused Wednesday.

Jarrad Page got off and Kurt Coleman hopped back on.

"I'll leave that for the coaches," Coleman said.

Rookie Jaiquawn Jarrett also took a few first-team snaps, but he said it wasn't much more than he has over the last few weeks. Coleman started the season at free safety but was benched during the Giants game after he failed to wrap up receiver Victor Cruz.

"I did miss a tackle, but I gave it my all," Coleman said.

Nate Allen took his place and had his best game Sunday, when he recorded 10 solo tackles. Allen lost his starting spot just before the regular season when it was clear he hadn't fully recovered from December surgery to repair a ruptured patellar tendon in his knee.

Allen said Wednesday that he still wasn't 100 percent.

"We do a few things before [the game] that take a lot of soreness out," he said.

Page, acquired as a free agent during training camp, has increasingly missed tackles over the last few games. He said he suffered the stinger early in the third quarter on Sunday. He returned to the game for another quarter but eventually left for good.

"I wasn't happy with myself on a few plays," Page said. "I thought I had some good plays, and I thought I had some bad ones, as well."

Coleman took over and will now start at strong safety. The safeties have varying responsibilities, but the positions are essentially interchangeable.

"I know both positions," Coleman said.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports..._back_to_Coleman_at_safety.html#ixzz1adEKTskg 
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/82985662.html

^ i dont get how coleman gets benched after 1 missed tackle in the giants game..

yet they let page go this whole time 
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT:
like this part:
Rookie Jaiquawn Jarrett also took a few first-team snaps

still dont get why reid is so stubborn about the whole 'wide 9' thing

There should be an Eagles drinking game. Take a shot for how many missed tackles happen. 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

There should be an Eagles drinking game. Take a shot for how many missed tackles happen. 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

id be piss drunk before 1/2 time

This team is extremely underachieving but no reason Reid should take the blame for it. I wouldn't have minded him going before training camp and being replaced with a veteran coach that has gone deep into the playoffs or won a superbowl, but right now is not the time for a coaching switch. The majority of this team is young as hell and having to adjust to a different system, and a new playbook will not help at all. However, my biggest issue with Reid is his reluctance to run the ball in the first half of games.

There is no team in this league that has a RB as talented as McCoy that runs the ball less than the Eagles. Vikings run 65% of their plays with AP, Bears run like literally 75% of their plays for Forte, Raiders with McFadden, etc..That's where the Eagles need to be with McCoy. Running the ball more takes pressure off the offensive line having to protect Vick, Vick will be taking less hits, and McCoy's confidence will soar seeing the team is giving him such a huge responsibility in this offense. Then teams will have to prepare their defense around the run game which will then allow the Eagles to take care of lighter coverage in the secondary.

Dunlap might be out for Sundays game due to back spasms, so Winston Justice will be back playing RT, and Herremans will play LT.
Winston Justice said playing right tackle is like riding a bicycle.

Since he last played there, though, the Eagles have replaced a mountain bike with a racing model. And with a knee that's still less than 100 percent, it's unclear whether Justice can even get back on the bike. 

Dunlap was listed as "questionable" Friday on the official injury report, but coach Andy Reid said the 6-foot-9 tackle could start Sunday without the benefit of two important practice days. Still, backs are tricky, and if he can't go, the Eagles will have to shuffle their already-inconsistent offensive line once more.

Todd Herremans would move from right to left tackle, and Justice would take his place. It's certainly not a development the desperate-for-a-win, 1-4 Eagles need heading into an NFC East showdown against the 3-1 ********.

"You've just got to rally around who's out there and trust in them and just pray that they do their best and know their assignments," Eagles quarterback Michael Vick said.

Justice, who started 29 games at right tackle the previous two seasons, was active for the first time last week in a reserve role. Though he declined to talk about his left knee - Justice underwent arthroscopic surgery in February - it is clear he is still not completely healthy.

"It seems like every week he's getting a little bit better and feeling more comfortable," Reid said. "So he deserves the opportunity to play if that presents itself."

Justice still walks with a pronounced limp and has yet to play using offensive line coach Howard's Mudd's new blocking techniques.

When Justice arrived at training camp, he immediately was placed on the physically unable to perform list, but both he and the team anticipated that he would be back for the start of the season.

"It's a blur right now," Justice said of those early camp expectations. He spent all of the preseason on the PUP list, and since returning to practice last month has spent most of his time on the scout team - not always working with Mudd.

"Me and him - we've done some stuff after practice one-on-one," Justice said. "We've been doing that for the past month."

Justice has only played tackle using the vertical step, a blocking method in which offensive linemen take a step back to fend off a pass rusher. Mudd has his linemen step forward and almost instigate contact.

"It's always a little bit uncomfortable at first to try something new, but I think I feel comfortable," Justice said, adding: "just like riding a bike."

If Dunlap is sidelined, Herremans will be forced to play his third position on the line since the start of camp. Seventy-one of his 81 career regular-season starts have been at left guard. He was moved to right tackle, however, just before the start of the season when it was clear Justice wouldn't be ready and a handful of options weren't up to the task of protecting Vick's blind side.

Herremans has solidified right tackle, but he has more experience than Justice at left tackle - five career starts to one.

"We don't have too many other options right now," Herremans said.

If Justice or Herremans were to get injured, Evan Mathis would be the emergency tackle, Reid said. Moving Mathis to either tackle spot likely would be followed by center Jason Kelce's replacing him at left guard and Jamaal Jackson's coming off the bench to fill in at center.

That's a lot of bike swapping.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...shuffling_on_O-line_Sunday.html#ixzz1aoZvmuFq 
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/82985662.html

I forgot how it felt to win
laugh.gif
But it was a great win, especially for the defense. They proved they could protect the end zone, and Reid finally let McCoy do what he can do.
Long effective drives>Big play drives. Eagles did a good job of doing a little of both today, but mostly long drives which drained out the clock and allowed the defense to rest. Eagles are 1-1 in the divison, ******** are 1-2, Giants are 1-1, and Cowboys are 1-1. The game after the BYE against the Cowboys will be huge because if the Eagles win, they're 2-1 in the division and drop the Cowboys to 1-2 in the divsion which gives us the best divisional record in the NFC East. I feel good about our chances considering they'll be rested and their confidence is much higher after this win.

I didn't get the game on TV in my area so this is all based on the highlights and boxscore.

It's good to finally get a win, which we desperately needed and the defense finally stepped up and caused some turnovers.
4th quarter though
30t6p3b.gif
that still needs to get fixed if we want to have any chance to still make the playoffs
Vince Young needs to stay on the bench, that pick was awful

^ no points whole second half..

didn't get to watch the game.. but glad we won.. uptempo is right about the division stuff, as long as the waters stay muddy we have a chance to get out of this whole..

good to see coleman played so well.. can someone explain why the hell young was in the game?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^ no points whole second half..

didn't get to watch the game.. but glad we won.. uptempo is right about the division stuff, as long as the waters stay muddy we have a chance to get out of this whole..

good to see coleman played so well.. can someone explain why the hell young was in the game?
Vick scrambled and got hit on the helmet (clean hit) and looked like he was dazed. Young came in and thew a INT. Supposedly, there was dirt on Vick's helmet that they were trying to get off and that's why he came off. 

Didnt get to see the game but finally we got a win. The Giants won too as well tho
mad.gif
. Cowboys better not win

Back
Top Bottom