***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Mccoy rushed 28 times, Our Run D held them, & We got 4 picks, Coleman with 3 of them..

eek.gif

So glad we pulled out the W

-
eek.gif
at Kurt **@+@$% Coleman ballin out!!! Cut that bum Paige ASAP, I don't even care
laugh.gif

-
indifferent.gif
at Vince Young, what in the world was that. Thank goodness our defense
- we didn't have big sack numbers but our defense played great, FINALLY got some turnovers
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

All went well today except the Bills couldn't pull through with the W. 
frown.gif

I was pulling for the Bills to get the W. But it's all good. As long as we got our own W, thats all that matters.
Feels great to finally get a win, the defense played well today. They handled the run well, and Coleman. Need I say more about his play? 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If our offense continued like it did in the first half, the game would have ended with a larger margin, but hey. I will take this W.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

-
eek.gif
at Kurt **@+@$% Coleman ballin out!!! Cut that bum Paige ASAP, I don't even care
laugh.gif

i thought it would be either tapp or parker that was getting cut whenever graham got healthy..

now i'm thinking it will be page..

did jarrett get any playing time?
nerd.gif

RoobCSN Reuben Frank
Reid on tomorrow's trade deadline: "Everybody's calling everybody." Said Eagles would make a move if it can help.

and it has to be page who gets cut when we bring graham off the PUP list right?

As a look @ giants schedule I am pleased. They got a brutal schedule from november on out. @ Ne @ Sf, Home against us, @ No, home against Gb

Originally Posted by k3stacks

As a look @ giants schedule I am pleased. They got a brutal schedule from november on out. @ Ne @ Sf, Home against us, @ No, home against Gb
That, and we got 4 of our next 5 at home
pimp.gif

Glad to see Coleman play big yesterday...drastic change from getting trucked over by Victor Cruz en route to a touchdown against the Giants a couple weeks back.

Still alot of improvement needed on that O-line, but I'm glad to see them make some big plays eary in the game to get some points.

Also would like to see the D buckle down a bit more towards the end of the game. We were up 20-3 at one point, and allowed the Skins' to put 10 unanswered points on the board in the 2nd half...
30t6p3b.gif
..gotta get better on that, but a win is a win and I'll take it.....

Bye week couldn't have come at a better time....

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Do you guys think we will make a small move before the deadline? 
nerd.gif

maybe if your sig holds truth 
nerd.gif

did Jaiquawn play?

Edit: i wouldn't mind a young LB or DT

Nnamdi has been huge the last 2 weeks. Has been making big tackles (rocked Cooley yesterday, which led to him missing a few games this season with a broken finger
laugh.gif
) and everyone remembers the 3 straight plays that he stopped all on his own. The fact we don't hear his name during games is a good thing because it means the receiver he is covering isn't catching a damn thing. Santana Moss had like 2 catches yesterday and they were minimal gains. The only big pass gain was that throw to Gaffney late in the game, which was caught in the middle of the field where Asante was playing safety
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Nnamdi has been huge the last 2 weeks. Has been making big tackles (rocked Cooley yesterday, which led to him missing a few games this season with a broken finger
laugh.gif
) and everyone remembers the 3 straight plays that he stopped all on his own. The fact we don't hear his name during games is a good thing because it means the receiver he is covering isn't catching a damn thing. Santana Moss had like 2 catches yesterday and they were minimal gains. The only big pass gain was that throw to Gaffney late in the game, which was caught in the middle of the field where Asante was playing safety
indifferent.gif
if you just look at the numbers, Nnamdi is shutting down the opposing teams WR's, he just missed a few tackles on running backs and a few penaltites and the world just acted like he was overrated because we were losing.

Rams WR's - don't even matter cuz the game was never close
Roddy White - had a early TD not much else after
Nicks - nothing, Cruz (wasn't his man but he burned Nnamdi)
Crabtree - nothing
Steve Johnson - nothing
Santana Moss - nothing

Nnamdi never was the problem, we all know it was Asante and Castillo for putting him in zone coverage. Our next game is gonna tell a lot, I hope he sticks on Dez the entire game

does anyone think we move vince young, considering our season is ride or die with vick now (given we already have 4 losses)?

i'm looking at the raiders

Sure would have been nice to get some points in the 2nd half, but any kind of win is good at this point. Hopefully Any Reids flawless game after the bye week record will still hold true.

I don't think Vince Young goes anywhere the Raiders are apparently trying hard to obtain Carson Palmer but yesterdays win was a good building block don't know why everyone in Philly is so negative right now

man i have no problem trading these guys:

asante

young

ronnie brown

maybe even babin to the lions (the only team i can think of that runs the wide 9 successfully)

Idk about trading Ronnie Brown. He made 1 big mistake
laugh.gif
Granted, those 3 points we lost could have won us that game but he's one of the best backup RB in the NFL. How many carries has he gotten this year? He hasn't even broken 20 carries total in 6 games. If McCoy gets hurt for even one game, I don't see Lewis doing enough for the run game to remain a threat.

^ for me it's about value.. and his value might be greater to us in trading him for something

him and babin are alot lower on that list for me, considering that they are both relatively cheap

Yeah but getting rid of Babin is a push lol. He leads the team in sacks. When Cole returns, he will be effective once again. He hasn't been as good with Cole out, but neither has Jenkins. When Cole is in the game, the O-line has to account for 3 great pass rushers. Now they have to worry about only 2, and usually the other 2 that are in the game aren't anything to be scared of so they just double either Babin or Jenkins. If you trade Babin, it'll just be Cole and Jenkins and they'll just do the same with them.

I'll let go of Ronnie Brown if it'll get us a good linebacker with experience, that can stop the run. Then I'll gladly let Ronnie Brown go. But otherwise, I don't see us getting much for him. No way Eagles trade Babin as well because he was bought in to get sacks and he has done that. Only guy I can see them letting go who can get us any kind of value is Asante. Only thing with the Eagles is that they are very demanding when making trades so I don't see them being able to move Asante. There is no team with a weak secondary and good linebackers that would be willing to give us one of their better linebackers for Asante.

However, I'll gladly trade Asante for Brian Dawkins and a draft pick. I love that guy and I feel he's the leader this defense needs. He knows the coaching staff well and Philly loves him. He's a good tackler that can help stop the run and even though he's older, he doesn't give up huge plays like Asante does.

Back
Top Bottom