***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

I feel like the reason the defense didn't get many sacks against the ******** was that Castillo decided to stop the run rather than try to pressure the QB. When you pressure the QB, you usually overload to one area. Either bring pressure down the middle or pressure from the sides. So when a RB sees all these defenders committed to one area, he'll just switch directions and go opposite of where they're coming from, and more often than not it leads to big gains. Instead, the Eagles only rushed 4 defenders most of the game and left the LB back in coverage, which is what lead to all those INTs and held the ******** to very little yardage. I'll take minimal rushing yards over sacks any day

Asante isn't happy about all the trade talk he has been in this season. But I don't care, trade him.

Asante Samuel has heard the whispers, and he's not happy about them.

The Eagles Pro Bowl cornerback, who has been on the trading block since this summer and whose name resurfaced in trade rumors Tuesday, said the talk "doesn't sit well with me."
"I've been nothing but what they expected me to be when they brought me there - 22, 23 interceptions over my years, broke playoff records. Obviously they don't want me there so life goes on," Samuel told 97.5 FM on Saturday. "We'll see where I'll be at."

This isn't the first time Samuel has voiced displeasure with seemingly being the odd-man out of the Eagles talented cornerback corps. But it is the most forceful he has been and his comments come as the Eagles approach a three-game home stretch that will be crucial to their chances of getting back into the playoff race.

Samuel said "as long as I'm getting paid, I'm gonna do my job. I come out there on Sundays and do my job, then every Tuesday I get paid. I look at my check and say, 'Hey, this is what I'm here for - to make these checks and support my family.'

"They can do all the talking they want," he said. He added, "Asante Samuel is a business entity first, so I make sure I handle my business accordingly."

The Eagles first began taking offers for Samuel during training camp, after trading for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and signing Nnamdi Asomugha.

Looking at the new corner talent, Samuel said then, "If they're tired of my big-play-making ability, maybe they'll ship me out."

In September he told reporters that for 2011-12 he is an Eagle, but after that, "I don't know what's going to happen."

Samuel said that after the trade rumors went public, it's clear to everyone where he stands with the team and "that's not gonna leave."

Samuel has been a prolific ball hawk for the Eagles, picking off 23 passes since arriving in 2008, but he is 30 and in the next two seasons his $5.9 million base salary grows to $8.4 million and then $10.4 million. He also has only one interception this year and offenses have been exploiting his habit of giving receivers big cushions so he can look back at the quarterback.

Asomugha, signed to a five-year, $60 million deal, isn't going anywhere and though Rodgers-Cromartie has disappointed so far, he is five years younger than Samuel and scheduled to make just $1.1 million next year.

The Eagles also like young cornerbacks Brandon Hughes and Curtis Marsh, so there seems to be little room for an expensive veteran such as Samuel, especially if his numbers dip.

The team listened to offers for Samuel in the offseason and again Tuesday, at the NFL's trading deadline. They would obviously prefer to deal Samuel and get something in return instead of cutting him, but his salary could prove to be a stumbling block.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports..._off_on_Eagles__trade_talk.html#ixzz1bZdsNyFr 
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/82985662.html

^
30t6p3b.gif
He should really keep his mouth shut with the way he's been playing this year

can anyone name 1 eagles' fan that wants us to start vince young?

because that's what merril hodge said on outside the lines today

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

can anyone name 1 eagles' fan that wants us to start vince young?

because that's what merril hodge said on outside the lines today

over Vick? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
 merril hodge could eat a @#$%
Cole, Graham and Peters? 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I swear the ESPN NFL analysts have the to be the biggest ******s on Earth. Eagles blow out the garbage Rams and they all predict the Eagles will win the NFC East. A week later, the ******** are 2-0 and they're suddenly the team to beat in the division. Then the Giants go on a run and they're the team that will win the division with ease. Then this past weekend, Demarco Murray runs for 200+ yards and they Cowboys are the best team in the NFC East. These guys jump on a new bandwagon every week. Let John Beck have a good game next Sunday and they'll suddenly be the best team in the division again.

I can't take analysts seriously though after Deion said Rex Grossman is the best QB in our division
indifferent.gif

good to see those guys back at practice..

does anyone know when we have to release a player to get back down to 53 when graham gets activated? (assume this will be page.. we have 5 safeties on the roster right now)

also how do the tags work under the new CPA? mainly thinking about draft pick compensation for some of these dudes we knew were only 1 year guys..

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I swear the ESPN NFL analysts have the to be the biggest ******s on Earth. Eagles blow out the garbage Rams and they all predict the Eagles will win the NFC East. A week later, the ******** are 2-0 and they're suddenly the team to beat in the division. Then the Giants go on a run and they're the team that will win the division with ease. Then this past weekend, Demarco Murray runs for 200+ yards and they Cowboys are the best team in the NFC East. These guys jump on a new bandwagon every week. Let John Beck have a good game next Sunday and they'll suddenly be the best team in the division again.

I can't take analysts seriously though after Deion said Rex Grossman is the best QB in our division
indifferent.gif

dc3252def7e680e84a4cc5250cd2915a6090a81.pjpeg

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

indifferent.gif

dc3252def7e680e84a4cc5250cd2915a6090a81.pjpeg

On NFL Network, they were discussing which QB was the best in the NFC East since there are 3 big name QBs (Eli, Romo, Vick) and Deion Sanders said that Rex Grossman was the best QB in the division bc he was "leading" his team to a 4-1 record at the time. I love Deion, but when he said that I had a
grin.gif
look on my face.

Just a heads up if anybody's interested, if you go on Vick's new site and go to the shop he's selling autographed authentic jerseys for only $200. I'm not sure how that works out to be cheaper than an unsigned authentic from NFLshop, but hey you can't complain I guess
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Just a heads up if anybody's interested, if you go on Vick's new site and go to the shop he's selling autographed authentic jerseys for only $200. I'm not sure how that works out to be cheaper than an unsigned authentic from NFLshop, but hey you can't complain I guess
laugh.gif

link?

Jeff_McLane Jeff McLane
Every #Eagles player was a full participant in Wednesday's practice.

and asante is getting on my last nerve:

RoobCSN Reuben Frank
Asante on trade rumors: "I know it's not a rumor. I know it's a fact."

RoobCSN Reuben Frank
I asked Asante if he really believes Andy wanted him here & Joe and Howie didn't: “I think there’s a little power struggle around here."

RoobCSN Reuben Frank
Asante on whether he's wanted: "By Andy. A couple people upstairs might not want me, but who cares. They’ve probably never played football."

geoffmosher Geoff Mosher
Asante said guys playing "fantasy football with the owner's money" are ones that don't want him here. Names rhyme w/"Nose Men" & "Manner."

That clown that runs the NFC_East twitter page said that Asante has been a better defender than Nnamdi this season
indifferent.gif

That clown that runs the NFC_East twitter page said that Asante has been a better defender than Nnamdi this season
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
 Nnamdi is the only starting cornerback that can tackle tho'

Back
Top Bottom