***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^ to be honest.. i want asante and DRC gone after this game..

after that play where DRC wiffs on the tackle and then slaps his hangs together WHILE THE GUY IS STILL ON HIS FEET.. i was done

and i when i started watching the two of them more.. it just pissed me off

i can't knock nnamdi on the interference call, since that went both ways with knox pushing off then nnamdi grabbing him.. same goes for babin on the late hit call before the half..

we really need a stout DT, a DE with size and of course a better MLB (luckily there are some quality ones in the draft)

I said it in the game thread that with the PI rules being how they are that I would hate to be a team that was best in man.
As far as that DRC play, If he had grabbed Earl and the pile pushed Earl back on to him and DRC breaks his leg, it would have been the dumbest play ever.
Cullen is that stout DT, and that DE with size. Your run D sucks cause Babin is supposed to be a situational pass rusher.

yeah my Maclin criticism was just a knee jerk reaction because again he was right there in the end to seal a loss for us

as I've said ALL YEAR, gotta get rid of Asante Samuel, he is a complete liability and just shows no effort to correct his mistakes week in week out, it's infuriating
indifferent.gif

Desean Jackson may have played his way outta town this season, I understand the not wanting to risk going over the middle but then why in the blue hell are you trying to run back punts deep in enemy territory? and run backwards at that and then fumble to top it off?
indifferent.gif
guy has just been a very average player this season, I've seen no explosion from him at all this season

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

hawkflight6
The Asante play that you're talking about, I know exactly what it was. It was the easy over the top pass from Cutler to Earl Bennett. Asante was at least 8 yards off, 3-4 yards inside. Earl just had to run straight, and that pass was pretty much an easy layup for Cutler. Asante is the weakest link in our DBs, and dude has only caught 1 INT so far this season. Not to mention he can't tackle for $%%%. 
I know, that's what I was frustrated with. If we are going to blitz Cutler in the redzone then he should've been right on Bennett instead of playing so far off of him
30t6p3b.gif

Am I the only one that thinks Desean might be giving like 80% effort because he doesn't have the contract he wants? Forte is extremely underpaid and deserves an extension/salary increase yet he gives 100% every game...Don't wanna accuse him of such things considering the big plays he made for the team in previous seasons, but so far this season, he looks like he doesn't give a damn about making the big plays that he once did.

When Asante gave up that TD in the end zone, I was livid. How do you play in the middle of the end zone with a receiver open close to the sideline? Absolutely pathetic defensive effort..Nate Allen leaving the game with a concussion was a huge blow to the team..Thank God we play Arizona next week..I'm 98% sure that the Eagles will not make the playoffs this season but that 2% chance will be eliminated if they lose to the Giants 2 weeks from tonight

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

yeah my Maclin criticism was just a knee jerk reaction because again he was right there in the end to seal a loss for us

as I've said ALL YEAR, gotta get rid of Asante Samuel, he is a complete liability and just shows no effort to correct his mistakes week in week out, it's infuriating
indifferent.gif

Desean Jackson may have played his way outta town this season, I understand the not wanting to risk going over the middle but then why in the blue hell are you trying to run back punts deep in enemy territory? and run backwards at that and then fumble to top it off?
indifferent.gif
guy has just been a very average player this season, I've seen no explosion from him at all this season
It was always assanine to compare him as a punt returner, I might have thought different in the past, but Devin keeps his fundamentals about the situation. Devin might have a couple where he runs back then attempts to get up field. Most my fustration comes from his recieving work.
Desean is as good as gone though. That concussion messed up his psyche, not getting paid was the icing.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I said it in the game thread that with the PI rules being how they are that I would hate to be a team that was best in man.
As far as that DRC play, If he had grabbed Earl and the pile pushed Earl back on to him and DRC breaks his leg, it would have been the dumbest play ever.
Cullen is that stout DT, and that DE with size. Your run D sucks cause Babin is supposed to be a situational pass rusher.
i'm not going ask you to go look through the thread for where i said it initially.. but i've always thought our base defense's DEs should be cole and jenkins.. with dixon and patterson (or laws)

unfortunately with dixon going down we didn't have that 1 big bodied guy who could just clog things up.. and because of the system we always ran, we drafted smaller 1 gap DTs and fastball DEs

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Am I the only one that thinks Desean might be giving like 80% effort because he doesn't have the contract he wants? Forte is extremely underpaid and deserves an extension/salary increase yet he gives 100% every game...Don't wanna accuse him of such things considering the big plays he made for the team in previous seasons, but so far this season, he looks like he doesn't give a damn about making the big plays that he once did.

When Asante gave up that TD in the end zone, I was livid. How do you play in the middle of the end zone with a receiver open close to the sideline? Absolutely pathetic defensive effort..Nate Allen leaving the game with a concussion was a huge blow to the team..Thank God we play Arizona next week..I'm 98% sure that the Eagles will not make the playoffs this season but that 2% chance will be eliminated if they lose to the Giants 2 weeks from tonight

Lets be fair the Eagles I dont believe made an offer. Forte turned down 13 guaranteed. Say Forte isnt quite as good as he has been this season, and Martz gives him 250 carries for the whole year like last year. The only bell cow season Forte has on his resume is as a rookie, and he slumped the next one cause it was too much work at the time. Forte is thus only worth that 13-15 guaranteed. His value still isnt od on the open market and if teams wanted to look at he and Stephen Jackson, a lot of them would have chosen the last 2 great years of his career over a middling 4 from Forte. The Bears might have legit tried to get Jackson. Im curious to see what team tries to get Chris Johnson if they decide to go get a FA for less money than his next 2 seasons. With that O line needing a power guy to look respectable in the run game that might be the choice.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

i'm not going ask you to go look through the thread for where i said it initially.. but i've always thought our base defense's DEs should be cole and jenkins.. with dixon and patterson (or laws)

unfortunately with dixon going down we didn't have that 1 big bodied guy who could just clog things up.. and because of the system we always ran, we drafted smaller 1 gap DTs and fastball DEs

Bottom line is the pieces dont fit on any level of that D. I dont think you would argue that Asante isnt a very good corner, but he isnt as good when he isnt ball hawking and the best way to do that is in Zone.
correct me if Im wrong but you guys ran a lot of cover 2 and cover 3 in the past right?
Then you bring in 2 man corners, LB's dont fit at all, and Jenkins needs to be outside, but Babin is such a good pass rusher that he is really worth the stoping the run trouble, but you dont have the DT's to cover his flaws.

Forte leads the league in yards from scrimmage..You don't think he'd get big money from a team like the Lions that would make the jump from a good team to a great team with a player like Forte? He gives you an excellent slot receiver and an even better running threat. Many middle of the league teams could get that boost that makes them a playoff team with a player like Matt Forte...I know teams might be hesitant to give that big contract after Chris Johnson's weak season after getting the money he wanted, but Peterson also got big bucks this season and he's still doing what he's been doing for years

Forte leads the league in yards from scrimmage..You don't think he'd get big money from a team like the Lions that would make the jump from a good team to a great team with a player like Forte? He gives you an excellent slot receiver and an even better running threat. Many middle of the league teams could get that boost that makes them a playoff team with a player like Matt Forte...I know teams might be hesitant to give that big contract after Chris Johnson's weak season after getting the money he wanted, but Peterson also got big bucks this season and he's still doing what he's been doing for years
Forte wouldnt change the o line problems that will plague them later on.

Bottom line is the pieces dont fit on any level of that D. I dont think you would argue that Asante isnt a very good corner, but he isnt as good when he isnt ball hawking and the best way to do that is in Zone.
correct me if Im wrong but you guys ran a lot of cover 2 and cover 3 in the past right?
Then you bring in 2 man corners, LB's dont fit at all, and Jenkins needs to be outside, but Babin is such a good pass rusher that he is really worth the stoping the run trouble, but you dont have the DT's to cover his flaws.

yup this is the biggest problem..

and you're right about us playing cover 2 in the secondary (but we had more experienced safeties in the past, which is another issue we have with running a zone with the present personnel).. and we ran a 1 gap penetration style with the front 4.. and coveted speed over size with our DTs, DEs and LBs.. which is why we always sucked against the run..

but we decided to exacerbate the problem by running this wide 9 scheme

So you're saying that Forte doesn't deserve the kind of money he wants? Let's say they don't give him that kinda money and another team does, and the Bears let him walk..Then what? You think Marion Barber still has enough in the tank to give the Bears a consistent rushing attack? Hester and Forte give them a speed attack on short yardage pass plays..Take Forte out and that puts more pressure on Hester and the rest of their receivers..You don't want a team with a weak O-line to be known as a primarily passing offense because that leads to more blitzes from the defense, which also allows more sacks on your QB

on the bright side of things.. we'll have over 10 picks in the draft

we're currently $5,802,618 under the cap..

we'll add to that number easily, since the following ppl are highly likely to be gone:

asante
vince young
babin (i think he's gone just because he's too expensive to be a situational pass rusher)
ronnie brown
steve smith (only way he comes back, is if it's for cheap and we move desean)
parker
page

So you're saying that Forte doesn't deserve the kind of money he wants? Let's say they don't give him that kinda money and another team does, and the Bears let him walk..Then what? You think Marion Barber still has enough in the tank to give the Bears a consistent rushing attack? Hester and Forte give them a speed attack on short yardage pass plays..Take Forte out and that puts more pressure on Hester and the rest of their receivers..You don't want a team with a weak O-line to be known as a primarily passing offense because that leads to more blitzes from the defense, which also allows more sacks on your QB
Not at all what im saying. Im saying that if Forte doesnt have this season after turning down the contract, then Stephen Jackson is who they were going to look at. Doesnt mean I agreed with the logic, but thats what would have happened if Forte wasnt worth the Franchise tag.

oh.. and unless we can pull some sort of miracle out of our ##% and win the rest of our games..

i only care about winning 3 of our remaining games:

vs Pats week 12

vs jets week 15

@ cowboys week 16

Not at all what im saying. Im saying that if Forte doesnt have this season after turning down the contract, then Stephen Jackson is who they were going to look at. Doesnt mean I agreed with the logic, but thats what would have happened if Forte wasnt worth the Franchise tag.

Oh alright, I see what you're saying. you're saying he had to have a great season after turning down that contract or else he would have affirmed the Bears decision not to increase their offer..Makes sense...But do you think the Rams would let Steven Jackson go? He's probably their only consistent player and he was the only bright spot on that team for years until Bradford showed up...And with the addition of Brandon Lloyd, they have the ability to be a decent passing team with a good running game as well. If they make some adjustments, they could be a much better team next year..Letting Steven Jackson go would mess up any progress they'd be able to make in future years

When the playoffs start and the Eagles aren't in it (not gonna be unrealistically optimistic and think this team will go 8-0) I already know I will handle it very badly..It hasn't hit any Eagles fans yet because mathematically, the Eagles still have a very slight chance...But when we're sitting there watching round 1 of the playoffs and we're not in there after all the expectations, that is gonna be one of the worst feelings I've ever had as a sports fan

Damn you guys should have won so many more games, you guys should be 6-2, now you guys are just Finished. Bye Bye Andy

Glad I didn't watch the game tonight. I would of broke my flat screen. A lot of people on this Eagles team aren't worth the dough.

^ state ments like that is why i cant stand your team and your "fans"

i ride with that star no matter what, if we 0-16 ima watch them . i dont give a damn.

You guys dont even stay in philly yet yall worship this team.... Madden type trash.

I cant wait for your 6-10 record........ Fire andy reid then fall apart and become a no name franchise again.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
What's Maclin's excuse then? Because it seems everytime I see him play, he's dropping some easy passes

Originally Posted by polorico

^ state ments like that is why i cant stand your team and your "fans"

i ride with that star no matter what, if we 0-16 ima watch them . i dont give a damn.

You guys dont even stay in philly yet yall worship this team.... Madden type trash.

I cant wait for your 6-10 record........ Fire andy reid then fall apart and become a no name franchise again.

I was at work getting paid and still followed the game......really no need to address you..... since you are a Cowboys fan in an Eagles season thread....that says enough about you.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom