***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

why are dudes so ready to get rid of Desean
30t6p3b.gif

i rather get rid of Maclin for a bigger target

i think we could still make it to the playoffs though, alot of things can happen from on

glad dude Jarrett got some playing and did fairly well besides Forte dragging him

but DRC and Asante are BASURA

Originally Posted by RetroSan

30t6p3b.gif

i think we could still make it to the playoffs though, alot of things can happen from on

glad dude Jarrett got some playing and did fairly well besides Forte dragging him

but DRC and Asante are BASURA
I just don't see the effort from Desean that we get from Maclin, it's like if the defense takes away the deep ball Desean can't do ANYTHING else plus he making a ton of drops too. Of course I'd like to keep him, all i was saying is his play this season isn't doing much to convince the franchise to give him that long term deal he wants

30t6p3b.gif

maclin is clearly our best receiver, especially when you factor in:

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I would like to see the type of season any Eagles fan could put up after a lockout, and a damn cancer scare.
and extraordinary is right about desean right now.. i didn't realize it before this article and subsequently paying more attention to the points raised in it, but desean drops wayyyyyyyyyy too many passes:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6847210/desean-jackson-eagles

Blown coverages were also a major factor last night. Our DBs let a lot of guys run free last night. 
30t6p3b.gif

i don't think Desean is the type not to give effort

he needs to get targeted more, and i sure as hell don't want another team to have him

and Maclin benefits alot from Jackson cause whenever Jackson goes deep that gives Maclin the ability to go underneath imo

on another note, how many times did we play zone

i don't think Desean is the type not to give effort

he needs to get targeted more, and i sure as hell don't want another team to have him

and Maclin benefits alot from Jackson cause whenever Jackson goes deep that gives Maclin the ability to go underneath imo

on another note, how many times did we play zone

i dont think hes the prob either just like you said he goes deep & leaves a dump pass for MAC ......but more targets are needed withour question

problem is.. if dude isn't going catch what does come his way.. OF COURSE his targets are going go down..

as was said during the telecast, mac catches a high percentage of what comes his way.. which is amazing considering his offseason issues

I don't want to see us get rid of Jackson because even if he hasn't been very effective this year I sure as hell don't want to go against him. I think one of the biggest things that has made him so ineffective is that the opposing safeties play so deep against us. If you watch how they line up every team we've played this year has their safeties 20 yards downfield. So with the D playing so deep and Vick not getting a lot of time to throw Desean isn't getting downfield a lot.
I like Maclin and Jackson as our top 2 receivers, Maclin has been very good this year, except for a couple crunch time mistakes which are huge but I don't see why you would want to get rid of him because of that.

I'll take Maclin over Desean any day...Jackson is a deep threat but when you're running sloppy routes like he did last night, you're not getting passes thrown your way..How many times would you see Vick run a play action looking deep and then have to tuck and run or dump it down to check down pass?

When Vick is looking deep he's almost always looking for Desean..I understand that they play the safeties deep against Desean which makes it tough for him to get open, but I see Mike Wallace using his speed against deep safeties almost once a game..We go entire games w/o Desean catching a single pass of 20+ yards..He led the league in big plays last season. The Eagles offense prefers to get on the field and score a TD after 5-6 plays..They don't wanna be out there running 6 minute drives.

I really think this loss goes on the defense..Yeah Vick threw an INT but that was in the 1st half before the Eagles even had the lead...But no second half INT's, no second half fumbles, and the offense looked better than it usually does in the 2nd half..But the defense did absolutely nothing on almost every drive..If they didn't force a fumble on those 2 Forte plays, they would have gotten torched on both those drives..We're supposed to half a great secondary yet we're getting 0 INTs most games, or 1 max besides that ******** game..If you can't force turnovers against a QB that is considered turnover prone, your defense can't be all that great

yup, the defense was on some other @#$%

i mean Cutler fell, caught his breath, got up and completed a pass
30t6p3b.gif

the D couldn't do a damn thing, the only thing that stopped drives was Cutler himself

anyways.. just to talk about something else other than last nights game..

do any of you guys follow college football closely?

cause i'll readily admit i dont watch college football that much.. and usually only check for these dudes come time for the draft and combine...

but anyways this is what i posted in the WIR thread:

we need a tackling machine MLB.. a DT with size who can be a force against the run AND pass.. and maybe even could use a peppers/williams style bigger DE who we can pair with the guys we already have

we'll have 10+ picks and need quality of quantity.. soooooo

we def need 1 of these LBs:
burfict (we need someone as crazy as this dude)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664141

manti te'o
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664155

kuechly
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664814

DE:
coples (seems like the only dude who matches that peppers/williams mold)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630323

DT (yes i know there are some NTs on here.. which don't really fit our schemes.. but we really need a big body to throw in there):
brandon thompson
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1675640

Devon Still
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1272618

Jerel Worthy
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1689519

Alameda Ta'amu
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1689166

Dontari Poe
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1717351

Josh Chapman
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1273325

got all my info from:
http://sportsillustrated..../10/24/top.50/index.html

and here:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

ya'll think we should scoop up Haynesworth to help Washburn wide 9?
laugh.gif

ya'll think we should scoop up Haynesworth to help Washburn wide 9?
laugh.gif

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora 

Some have ask edme about Haynesworth and whether Jets or Lions will make a waiver claim - they wont. I don't expect much interest. Maybe PHI

the eagles, according to justin tuck:

“I think everybody expected a little bit more [of the Eagles],

his best years was with Washburn i guess, Washburn seems to be the type that could actually get through to him imo

As much as I hate to agree with a Giant, every thing Tuck said is correct.

We have a ton of talent, but something seems off we just can't seem to gel, particularly on defense. The lockout really hurt us IMO, we brought in so many people and didn't have much time together before the season started.

Desean fans act like Jmac cannot get deep....
Thats the craziest part of the whole situation.
He has better hands, comparable speed, (And please dont come in here and say he ran 4.45 cause he hyperextended his knee.) is bigger, has shown he is willing to go over the middle..
The Mesean love is od. Maclin has been the better player from day 1 of him stepping in.

Geoff Mosher @geoffmosher
Eagles won't put in claim for Al Haynesworth, per team source

Notes from the game, and the season so far:

Something is goin on w. Desean...you can see it in his face this year, he looks like he's distracted. I dunno if it's the contract, or what, but Desean is not the same, his head is not in the game like its been the past cpl years.

Maclin, oooo I hate this guy. He is a nice player, but he has singlehandedly lost 3 of our five games! Vs Atlanta dropped the ball on 4th down to get us in field goal range. Vs San Fran, fumbled when we were in FG range. Vs Chicago, falls down on 4th down. He has good hands and great speed, but he is what I call a f*** up player, a player that plays well but finds a way to mess up when the game is on the line. Tony Romo is another f*** up player for comparison.

Im not saying Nnamdi is not a good player, but he doesn't fit the Eagles system. Nnamdi is a bump and run corner playing a zone defense. And why do we have 3 pro bowl caliber Left Corners on our roster and no one that can cover the slot?

But Ive been saying this since August...The Eagles won't win anything UNTIL THEY STOP THE RUN. They have NOBODY on that team that can stop the run. I mean, they get butchered every week! They don't have that run stuffing DT, and their LBs are as green as their jersey, cant shed a block, pursue bad angles. How many times did Forte get past the line of scrimmage untouched? The Eagles are embarrassing against the run, and don't deserve to make the playoffs with that run defense. I dont understand why they didn't even try to pursue a run stopper this offseason, esp when Patterson went down. "Hello? Hi this is Andy Reid can I talk to Jeremiah Trotter? Oh he's not in? Ok tell him I called I will hit him back later" LOL

Oh and I dunno why everyone is goin on Samuels for....didn't u see he strained his groin in the first half? Thats the only reason he gave up that TD, he was on bad wheels and the safety was outta position. We have 3 really good CBs but they all play the same position, LCB

You know if a team picks up Haynesworth off waivers before COB today, you can get him for $700,000...thats like a Black Friday Walmart deal, I say pick him up for that price, if nothing else to keep fresh bodies on that line, esp since he's a 4-3 guy anyway

Originally Posted by illwill24

Maclin, oooo I hate this guy. He is a nice player, but he has singlehandedly lost 3 of our five games! Vs Atlanta dropped the ball on 4th down to get us in field goal range. Vs San Fran, fumbled when we were in FG range. Vs Chicago, falls down on 4th down. He has good hands and great speed, but he is what I call a f*** up player, a player that plays well but finds a way to mess up when the game is on the line. Tony Romo is another f*** up player for comparison.

I completely disagree with every thing you've said here. He's been our best WR this year and to say that he singlehandedly lost those 3 games is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time. Vick getting injured against Atlanta really hurt us and our pass defense was awful, they're the reason we lost the game, not Maclin. The San Fran game the entire team fell apart in the second half, once again not Maclin's fault, and once again vs. Chicago our defense played terrible and Jackson's fumble really hurt us at the end of the first half, and that wasn't Maclin's fault.
Sure he's made some mistakes that prevented us from having a chance to win but we've have many other problems that aren't his fault (o-line and the entire defense) so blaming him is just dumb.

And clearly you haven't watched many games if you're defending Asante. It's been more than just the Chicago, he's been awful all year. He complains when we bring in talented CB's, saying we don't want his big plays but he doesn't create any anymore, all he does is sit off receivers and then not tackle when they make the catch. And the reason he gave up that TD was not an injury, he lined up about 8 yards off the receiver on the goal line.

Originally Posted by illwill24

Notes from the game, and the season so far:

Something is goin on w. Desean...you can see it in his face this year, he looks like he's distracted. I dunno if it's the contract, or what, but Desean is not the same, his head is not in the game like its been the past cpl years.

Im not saying Nnamdi is not a good player, but he doesn't fit the Eagles system. Nnamdi is a bump and run corner playing a zone defense. And why do we have 3 pro bowl caliber Left Corners on our roster and no one that can cover the slot?

But Ive been saying this since August...The Eagles won't win anything UNTIL THEY STOP THE RUN. They have NOBODY on that team that can stop the run. I mean, they get butchered every week! They don't have that run stuffing DT, and their LBs are as green as their jersey, cant shed a block, pursue bad angles. How many times did Forte get past the line of scrimmage untouched? The Eagles are embarrassing against the run, and don't deserve to make the playoffs with that run defense. I dont understand why they didn't even try to pursue a run stopper this offseason, esp when Patterson went down. "Hello? Hi this is Andy Reid can I talk to Jeremiah Trotter? Oh he's not in? Ok tell him I called I will hit him back later" LOL

I hate when people single out one play or player for losing... Maclin in no way single handedly lost us any games... Did he make a mistake in a big position?? Yes... But so has Vick, Avant, D Jack and this entire defenseJust cuz it's the last play we had doesn't mean he lost it... Without Maclin in the ATL game we wouldn't have been close.... If our defense could get a stop.. If we would stop turning the ball over... It wouldnt have to come down to a game winning drive in the 4th.. Don't put this on Maclin

illwill24, everyone is entitled to their opinions

but, we have 2 left corners (asante and DRC) and 1 right (nnamdi).. and hansen has always played the slot (well in opinion)

but we want to get all of these guys out on the field, so we end up playing DRC in the slot way too much.. or running some funny schemes that aren't the best for all guys involved

Back
Top Bottom