Official Phoenix Suns @ San Antonio Spurs 1st round: GAME 1

Scottsauce88:
roll.gif
I hope you get paid for what you do SKA because this %!!! is ridiculous.
Not. A damn. Dime. None of us gotten paid for moderating NT, and none of us ever have. 'Yeah, you might not get aid, but I bet you guys getkicks, huh? That'd be worth it.' No; no kicks. 'Nice discounts? Hookups? Special connections?' No, no, and no. All we get is a title under ourname that makes people target our screen names.
Scottsauce88:
People going ape %!!! because someone doesnt like another person's team or certain players on that team. Get the %@@% over it, we all have teams that we hate... Im sure certain posters in this thread have certain players or teams they hate also.
No, no, no... THEY'RE allowed to hate on whichever teams they want and whatever teams they want. THEY'RE allowed to talk trash, butI'M supposed to somehow be a fan of my teams AND a fan of everyone else's team. Somehow, I'M supposed to hope that EVERYONE wins the Finals. Andthey can all read trash talk from each other with no problems, but if I do it, it means I hate their team.

ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

roll.gif
I hope you get paid for what you do SKA because this %!!! is ridiculous. People going ape %!!! because someone doesnt like another person's team or certain players on that team. Get the %@@% over it, we all have teams that we hate. I hate the Suns, Cavs, and Mavs. Im sure certain posters in this thread have certain players or teams they hate also. You guys realize you are jumping on this mans back for being a fan of his team. "SKA, you should have though this was a foul on fisher because every other Laker fan thought the same". WHO CARES.........My god

Hey, I realize the game screwed you guys over in the playoff standings, but jesus, just talk about the damn game.Warrior fans find a way to bring themselves into every damn thread.
laugh.gif
i used it to illustrate a point. it could have beenclips-rockets or some random game and i would have used the same game. it's the example that proves a point. and i don't bring the warriors intothreads on purpose. those threads about us often weren't started by warrior fans, and i brought up an example that was to prove a point-it didn't haveto be a warriors game but it was. i swear, people don't even know who the real warrior fans are and just assume we bring ourselves to threads on purpose.we get hated on for no @#%!@*$ reason at all.

this game was fun to watch and exemplified what playoff basketball is supposed to look like, HUGE shot after HUGE shot. havent read through the thread but it seems it took a wrong turn somewhere from this page atleast.
SO true.

This series doesnt feel like a First Rounder and these 2 teams are too good for either to be put in the first round...but thats the wild wild west this season.

This series doesnt feel like a First Rounder and these 2 teams are too good for either to be put in the first round...but thats the wild wild west this season.
True...
to me, the only series in the West that feels like a 1st rd. matchup is Lakers-Nuggets (no offense to the Nuggets). Not that the Nuggets aren't legit, butfrom the Mavs to the Lakers, every team is a legit championship threat.

game of the year - the probability of a team hitting 2 game-tying 3's is very slim and one by a power foward not named dirk is impressive. this is theseries to watch - got the other 7 series beat by a mile.

wow...why are the warriors in this conversation tho?
laugh.gif
...anyways itsfunny how shaqs a fLopper now taking charges and stuff...hes becoming what he hated other centers do to him
eyes.gif
...but this is a crazy series and its been one game!

Funny.... This game was everything great about the nba but was equally everything that is wrong with it...

Great shots at the end BUT my god..... Both these teams represent everything that is wrong with the nba today.... The officiating was inconsistent. And most ofall, all the flopping, charge calls, and crying today makes me embarassed to support this game... I mean there were probably more flops and charges calledtoday in that one game than in the 70's, 80's, and 90's nba seasons COMBINED....

NBA. Where dumb !!+@ happens....

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

mad.gif

Suns shoulda pulled a Paul Westphal...took the T...advanced it...and gotten a 3 look off the inbounds....
They changed that rule after that game.

God can we just delete the last 4 pages.
Some of ya'll dudes are
smh.gif

Let's get back to the actual game, which may go down as one of the best playoff games ever.
To me, Dantoni got outcoached plain and simple.
Nash NEEDS to be MUCH more selfish with the ball, you can't let Diaw and Barbosa decide games for, you just can't.
Also, that "Defense" on the last play was HORRIBLE, I mean really
smh.gif

One more thing. If you're going to trade 1 of your best players for Shaq, at least freakin use him.
Shaq must have been HEATED after that game, there were so many times when he was open and he didn't get the ball.

Anyway, Pheonix could really use a player who can create his own shot of the dribble

shaq needs to match Duncan if Suns will ever win, Duncan just get his way over Amare and Diaw anyday.

Man, this game was crazy! Duncan was clutch (and lucky) with that three-pointer; and Nash's fallaway three was
pimp.gif

I'm looking forward for more from this series!
smokin.gif

I just wanted to say that Tim Duncan is amazing.. I know it's game one, but I said Timmy always shows up during the playoffs and he showed no mercy in game1. the regular season is just practice to him...

What a game...

Originally Posted by rocboys

shaq needs to match Duncan if Suns will ever win, Duncan just get his way over Amare and Diaw anyday.
if you're expecting a similar offensive output dont hold your breath - this isnt 2000

shaq did very good on duncan. duncan is a beast, he will get his pts. shaq got too soft at the end concerning about his 5th foul.

spurs deserved this W. they hit big shots and dantoni is a $%%$*!%. GAME ON THE LINE, BEST PLAY IS TO SET DIAW A PLAY?? ******ed (i dont mind barbosa.)

Spurs got real fortunate, but a win is a win.

This series is all about Timmy. It should be no surprise that Gino finished the Spurs off, it's happened so many times before.

But, believe me, Tim has a chip on his shoulder. During the offseason, people still refused to call them a dynasty, due to the fact they've never wonback-to-back. That's something that's in the front of his mind and if they can somehow, someway, pull if off this year, it's a wrap. With the depthof the western conference and a dominant force in Boston, if they aren't considered a dynasty with a title this year, they never will.

And can someone summarize the Ska situation for me? I'd like to chime in.
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Some posters started getting riled up that Ska accused the Spurs of flopping and said he hated the Spurs, etc. and that he was biased and stufflike that.

Man, somebody do something, I don't post often, but I'm reading through the threads, and all I'm reading is arguments not related to the game atall. What's the hate about.

Come on now, Spurs in 6 like I've said before.

Originally Posted by acidicality

tongue.gif
Some posters started getting riled up that Ska accused the Spurs of flopping and said he hated the Spurs, etc. and that he was biased and stuff like that.

Well, in many ways, if you hate Bowen and Gino, you may not necessarily hate their team, but you certainly can't respect them.

Meaning that, since Bowen and Gino are integral parts of the Spurs, how can you respect the team's accomplishments if you detest their two majorcontributers? I mean, you can be a fan of the other individual players, Timmy, TP, etc.., but not the collective group.
So where does the "bias" discussion fall in? Was he starting to ban Spurs fans or something?
laugh.gif

tongue.gif
acidicality:
Some posters started getting riled up that Ska accused the Spurs of flopping and said he hated the Spurs, etc. and that he was biased and stuff like that.

That's one interesting perspective.

Spurs fans decided that I hate the Spurs; one even said that it was impossible for me to say anything nice about the Spurs because it would hurt my heart toomuch.

I don't freaking hate the freaking Spurs (but I do freaking hate when people refuse to stick to their incorrect assumptions about me).

I don't hate Ginobili.

I don't hate Bowen.

I HATE GINOBILI'S FREAKING FLOPPING ANTICS. That is NOWHERE near the same as 'I hate Ginobili.'

I HATE BOWEN'S DIRTY PLAY. That is NOWHERE near the same as 'I hate Bowen.'

But the fact that I hate Ginobili's flopping and Bowen's griminess means that I hate the Spurs.

I asked for people to start backing up their crap, and show me where they are coming off saying I hate the Spurs. So one reply where I applauded a Bowensuspension was brought up. What was the thread about? Bowen being suspended. Does it matter that 90% of the people in there were also applauding Bowen beingsuspended? Are they all Spurs haters, too? Nope. Just me. So another reply was brought up where the Spurs were playing the Lakers, and I said the Spurs wouldflop, Fisher would flop, and hopefully we win. So now when I talk trash about the team the Lakers are playing, that's more fuel to the hatred of fire Ihave for that team.

Let's not forget that I have had Duncan in EVERY 'All NBA' list I have EVER made on NikeTalk; no, let's ignore that. Let's look at meapplauding with a bunch of other people that Bowen was suspended, and let's look at me talking trash about the Spurs as they play the Lakers. That means Ihate the Spurs.

ohwell.gif

Oh, and let's forget the fact that I have always been a HUGE Laker fan, even when I couldn't freaking STAND freaking Kobe Bryant. Let's ignorethat; let's ignore the fact that I am entirely capable of holding disdain for 1 or 2 players on the team even though I'm a HUGE fan of the team.Let's just ignore that and pretend like my disapproval of a couple players on a team means I hate the team.

Oh, you ask the question 'Did he ban some Spurs fans or something?' One warning. I gave one warning, to one person.

Will I get accused of banning Spurs fans?

If I were a betting man, I'd bet anyone $20 I get accused of banning Spurs fans that got smart with me, disagreed with me, argued with me, or pissed meoff. I'm almost tempted to go ahead and throw the bet out there now (I'm kidding; I don't bet).

But why are you asking about me anyways? Apparently someone else was wrong about no one caring about my opinion, but it's not like I would expect anyone toadmit they were wrong on here.

Back
Top Bottom