Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

nice shots i3allistic. being a geologist, I've always wanted to visit those limestone cliffs. I believe its Halong Bay in Vietnam? that walkway looks verysweet as well

Some random stuff on my Flickr...

3844432470_bcbbce5f58.jpg

4101278855_1a77177e93.jpg

3793927075_096bf921ea.jpg

Originally Posted by Regal Black

jellyfish pictures are so nice to look at. Too bad I'd never get close to one lol.

Seriously. It is too easy to take nice pics of jelly fish. Here is my photo from a year ago at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium:

the-getaway-6.jpg

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

nice shots i3allistic. being a geologist, I've always wanted to visit those limestone cliffs. I believe its Halong Bay in Vietnam? that walkway looks very sweet as well
Those picture of the limestone cliffs were in Langkawi Malaysia so was the bridge walkway ...but i have some picture of the Limestone cave inHalong Bay .....Halong Bay is most def. got my vote as the new 7 World Wonders ...its such an awesome site in person
pimp.gif
x10000000000000000000000000000 ...

btw..how da hell yall get ur pictures looking soo nice ...
embarassed.gif
, mineslook like crap compare too yall
laugh.gif

^ Mine was in Monterey too. Here's one more.

3844432454_06df466a83.jpg

I've tried to get this shot a couple times but there are always cars in the way. Apex in SF.
3806245585_b23a6652c3.jpg

So I'm looking to purchase my first real nice camera.

Tips of what I should purchase for a beginner?

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

So I'm looking to purchase my first real nice camera.

Tips of what I should purchase for a beginner?

We should have some sort of s sticky or something cause this questions always pops up every so often. Not getting mad or anything but there should be some sortof a reference we can point to so people just don't come in and ask the same questions all the time.

Anyways......pretty much comes down to two brands imo...which are Nikon and/or Canon. If was was to start out right now and get a camera all over again, Iwould definitely get the Canon T1i seeing it has the most updated gadgets for an entry level camera, regardless if you want to shoot video or not. If that is alittle out of your budget, then I would recommend the Canon XSi which is like the T1i but without the video option. Still, if you are heavily into this hobby(which happened to the majority of us) you will eventually upgrade in the near future (2-3 year tops from how I see it). So invest in an entry level cameraknowing what lenses you want to invest your money into. Remember, lenses really make your photos and not the body. Get a entry level camera, save up for a goodlens, and use that to practice until you want to advance to another body later.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Whats the name of this bag?

KL9 wrote:

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Originally Posted by KL9

For those who use camera bags or slings, which decent priced/cheap one do you recommend?
Lowepro Slingshot 100 AW or the 200 depending on what size bag you need ($60 for the 100 -$80 for the 200)
Yea, I was looking at that.

This too, but I wish there was one that fit a laptop in there too,
laugh.gif
mad.gif

http://
WD5126494_v1.jpg

I'm looking to get the Nikon 70-300mm VR

Anyone have it? Or have the Sigma or Tamron equivalency or can tell me which is best? Thank You

Randoms.

First attempt at Brenizer's method. 15+ photos.
4116111469_b1538454a3.jpg

Second attempt. 29 photos.
4120498568_ef7a76a5bc.jpg

4110795963_37d2024831.jpg

4087825440_093c7ae100.jpg

4111561496_eeca821d5f.jpg

4111561612_951029a151.jpg

Before & After. School assignment.
4087068097_f37b12f6f0.jpg
4087825222_6b858f9d55.jpg

Larger versions on blog. C&C?

Brenizer's method
I can't figure that method out. Once I have all my shots, I go to stitch them in photoshop and all photoshop does is align them all in avertical line. One on top of the other.
mad.gif

@ termanology27 good stuff homie. Random thought but You and this other guythat take pics of his lady often, Nacho Broadway (think is the SN), always deliver and I like the photos ya'll share. There's a couple other in thethread with iLL stuff of course but ya'll two always have stuff I find sick.

Termanology, what school and what's the blog.

I hate these lazy lapses I have. I haven't shot in what seems like forever. I just moved so I've been so damn busy. I was all geeked for FotoWeek lastweek and didn't even attend anything.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I hate these lazy lapses I have. I haven't shot in what seems like forever. I just moved so I've been so damn busy. I was all geeked for FotoWeek last week and didn't even attend anything.

Exact same thing here (except for the moving part) but I plan to do something about it soon, very soon... no excuse.

Back
Top Bottom