Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Would it be worth it to sell my D40 and buy a used/refurbished XSi/XTi?

Outdoors my D40 takes wonderful pics, indoors, its all a whole different ballgame.
Don't think that would help. The XTi/XSi low light capabilities aren't that much better than the D40. The D40 actually benefits fromhaving the least megapixels on a large sensor, so it should deliver decent results. If you want decent low light, go for a D5000 / D90.

Outdoors my D40 takes wonderful pics, indoors, its all a whole different ballgame.
What lens are you using? That and your ISO settings could be the problem

Check out this local Toronto blog (not to name any names but EightysBaby (NTer) and his boys keep a dope blog featuring aspiring talent from Toronto andeverything related to Toronto) They're showing some love to local Toronto Photographers. MITCMITC FTW! haha
http://www.madeinthecity.ca/

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Check out this local Toronto blog (not to name any names but EightysBaby (NTer) and his boys keep a dope blog featuring aspiring talent from Toronto and everything related to Toronto) They're showing some love to local Toronto Photographers. MITCMITC FTW! haha
http://www.madeinthecity.ca/
grin.gif

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

Just bought a refurbished Canon 40d from a seller off POTN. I'm very excited to get it and test it out. Any other 40d users here on NT?

Nice. I got my used 40D from POTN too.

^Nice. How are you liking it? I have heard the LCD screen is below par, but everything else is great. Is the LCD screen really that bad?

Just bought a refurbished Canon 40d from a seller off POTN. I'm very excited to get it and test it out. Any other 40d users here on NT?

Just ordered one from Adorama the other day...hopefully it is here by tommorrow.

Anyways...I just bought the body, does anybody have any suggestions as to a nice walk around lens that I can buy for around 300 dollars? I am still on thefence in terms of what lens I should buy, because I feel like, if I am going to go ahead and drop ~300ish on a lens, I should just wait so save up a little bitmore so I can cop something better.
eyes.gif

I'm not sure..any suggestions NT? Thanks in advanced, can't wait to start posting some of my own stuff in here.

^Nice. How are you liking it? I have heard the LCD screen is below par, but everything else is great. Is the LCD screen really that bad?
Yeah it's pretty bad. It's the same res as the XTi, but on a bigger screen. I just use the screen as a general idea of what it's goingto look like on my computer and to check the histogram to make sure the picture is properly exposed. Other than that, I like it better than my XTi.

Originally Posted by XX3forever

Just ordered one from Adorama the other day...hopefully it is here by tommorrow.

Anyways...I just bought the body, does anybody have any suggestions as to a nice walk around lens that I can buy for around 300 dollars? I am still on the fence in terms of what lens I should buy, because I feel like, if I am going to go ahead and drop ~300ish on a lens, I should just wait so save up a little bit more so I can cop something better.
eyes.gif

I'm not sure..any suggestions NT? Thanks in advanced, can't wait to start posting some of my own stuff in here.

Save up a bit more, and cop a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. It's 465 on Adroama. But a new version of the lens is going to come out with Vibration Compensation(Tamron's version of IS) so I'm not sure if you want to wait for that.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Don't think that would help. The XTi/XSi low light capabilities aren't that much better than the D40. The D40 actually benefits from having the least megapixels on a large sensor, so it should deliver decent results. If you want decent low light, go for a D5000 / D90.

I have a D40 also. I was planning on getting a 35mm f/1.8. Think that will help for low light indoors? Planning on pairing that with maybe a SB-400 fornecessary shots that need a little bounce light?

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by WHPH10

Does anyone know which plug-in I have to download to be able to open up .nef files on Phtoshop CS3 for Mac?

Gotcha covered.

Go here for the download, and then follow these instructions:

Manual installation on Mac:
1. Exit Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Bridge.

2. Open the Finder.

3. Navigate to the root of the local disk (not the user's home folder).

4. Navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS3/File Formats.

5. Move the existing plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure

you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw, from the download into the same folder as in Step 4.

7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.

Those directions are from the ReadMe file. I just copy and pasted the parts that only apply to you. If you feel the need to read the whole ReadMe file, go here.

Thanks
pimp.gif

Quick question, I'm taking a photography class this semester and i came across a brand new Cannon Powershot SX1is this a good start out camera? Pros andCons, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Quick question, I'm taking a photography class this semester and i came across a brand new Cannon Powershot SX1is this a good start out camera? Pros and Cons, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Quick question, I'm taking a photography class this semester and i came across a brand new Cannon Powershot SX1is this a good start out camera? Pros and Cons, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
The SX1 is decent. It's more sought after for its video feature though. You get 20x optical zoom which is very versatile, awesome macro, etc.It's a great camera as long as you dont try to use it in low light, or night time. Point & Shoot cameras really lack in that department. Other thanthat, I think the image quality is similar to that of a G10.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsx1is/
http://www.cameralabs.com.../Canon_PowerShot_SX1_IS/

I did i just want opinions from my NT brothern sorry for rushing.
Is it really a point and shoot because i need a manual camera even though i emailed my teacher and she said it looked okay i just dont want her to tell melater its not acceptable for the course.

Thanks again

I did i just want opinions from my NT brothern sorry for rushing.
Is it really a point and shoot because i need a manual camera even though i emailed my teacher and she said it looked okay i just dont want her to tell me later its not acceptable for the course.

Thanks again
It has a full Manual mode.

Back
Top Bottom