[::Official PHX Suns @ LA Lakers THURSDAY (1/17) 7:30pm PT TNT::]

its pointless arguing over a game that is already over. lets just hope bynum is back for the last meeting between these two teams...

Originally Posted by Kookcle

oh yeah Luke Walton thanks....

For Nothing tonight
mad.gif

exactly, wheres the luke walton unappreciation post, he played terribly also but Doug collins didn't momentarily laugh when Luke messed up the way hedid when kwame made a bad play. at least kwame scored 7 scored seven points. Ariza needs to play a lot more or if the Lakers sign Webber, they need to moveLamar to the small forward and take Luke out of the starting lineup.

SoHi 23:
Collins makes a good point if Kobe gets injured for an extended period of time, we could fall out of the playoff race.
PUSHA x Vinsanity:
Talk about being obvious...

So do y'all do this every game or what?
laugh.gif

I dunno how many times I've seen Lakers fans give up on games within the first 5 mins of play. And that's just in the Suns-Lakers threads.
SHUGES:
I think Laker fans are the most pessimistic fans we have on the board.
laugh.gif

And then towards the end of the game when it's close, you'll see a bunch of "i can't believe I changed the channel
tired.gif
"

laugh.gif

Man, the stuff some people twist around and make up to further hate the Lakers is hilarious.

#1- Like there aren't fans of EVERY TEAM IN SPORTS that give up in the first few minutes of a game that's looking pretty damn terrible.

#2- You see 1 or 2 guys say 'I can't believe I missed our comeback! I turned that crap off' and all of a sudden, that's 'Laker fans'is?

Funny stuff.

i dont care, based on the way we played, shoot, the way kwame played, we deserve all the hate and comments lol, man that was crazy

Originally Posted by tupac003

531 and all laker fans...

Let them have it. They want to say we won't make the playoffs let them. JDiddy talkin a lot of yang but won't put up his SN because he knows better. Its all good.

The suns won thet game and I give them all of the credit. We didn't do what we needed to do to win the game.
Fasho bro

All this game showed me is that we can completely destroy the Suns if we are at full strength! Mark my words, Bynum OWNS Amare, noticed when he was asked atthe half about Bynum being out and he just chuckled but avoided the question. He knows he doesn't play well against him. I can't wait for him to comeback.

As far a Kobe not shooting much in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, I think he realizes that he is going to need the rest of his team to play and get in the flow ofthe game the next 8 weeks, He can't carry then every night and he shouldn't have to. Where is the accountability from guys like Odom and Kwame. Theyshould hang their heads on the way that they have been playing. I have never seen so many blown dunks and lay ups. Odom step your game up man.

^ Odom actually showed some fire at the end of this game. Odom made baby steps in stepping up.

Walton is the one who needs to step up. He blew some shots and made some dumb choices.

The Fakers have played well this season. Much better than anyone expected them to play...

but to use "we had the best record in the west" to make your point is a little crazy. Don't forget that "best record in the West"lasted for exactly two days.
Throw the records and results of the games out the window and ask yourself - do you think the Fakers are really a better TEAM than the Suns? I don't knowtoo many people that objectively could give that a "yes" answer.

Yes, you've beaten us two out of three this year - but the Suns have played pretty poorly for most of the season. Our home opener was the worst performanceI have seen from the Suns over the last three years. Hopefully this game will be a game that we look back at as one of the turning points of the Suns season.

When the Suns are playing their game they are the best team in the NBA. We have a dominant big man (when he plays hard), we have the best PG in the NBA, wehave the most dynamic forward in the NBA, we have one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, and we have the fastest player in the league coming offthe bench.

I don't know what it is...if they are just being lazy, if they don't really care about the regular season, or what...but this team has not come closeto playing its best basketball this season. If the Suns can get their head out of their collective %%*+, there's not a team in the league that will beat usin a series without some help from the NBA and David $tern.

lakers should've played alot better and kwame needs to be let go...and we need bynum back badly

me:
Is the Lakers bench good enough to be a elite team? Nope.

Is our defense enough to make us an elite team? Nope.

Is the coaching staff enough to make us an elite team? Nope.

Is Phil good enough to make us an elite team? Nope.

But is our bench, defense, coaching staff, and Phil, along with our veterans, youth, perimeter shooting, perimeter defense, transition offense, transition defense, and post defense, good enough to make us an elite team?

Apparently, because we are.

That why I said in my original response to you: TEAM. I don't think you get that concept, because you keep trying to single things out ("Is our bench good enough?") You keep singling things out, and that's not a basketball-smart (or sport-smart) perspective; it's ignorant (uneducated).

Like the notion that if we blow the Suns out tonight, I'm right and you're wrong. Why single tonight's game out?

Why single anything out? One player, one night, one aspect of the team... anything?

That's ignorant, in terms of sports knowledge. Ask the best coaches in any sport and they'll tell you the same thing; you can't single things out. You have to see the whole, not the individual parts.
NobleKane:
you were saying? no really....you were saying?

= "I told you so."

I was saying that you're a basketball genius, and that you know everything about basketball because we got blown out tonight. I should listen to everythingyou say about basketball becuase of this one night.

This one night didn't support what I was saying earlier, so that means I know nothing, you know everything, and we should all defer to your infitinebasketball wisdom.

Becuase of this one single game.
nerd.gif

Because single games mean everything.

I was saying that you're ignorant about basketball and any semblance of the phrases 'team concept' and 'overall picture.' Take this gametonight and chalk it up as a personal victory for yourself, on some "I told you so" tip.
laugh.gif

Son, that was on damn game. That doesn't mean that you're right, and that the reason for our success this season is ONLY because of Kobe and Fisher. Dothey play a part? Have they played a part? OF COURSE. Are they the... THE... reason for our success?

It would take a lot of ignorance to believe that they are.

do you think the Fakers are really a better TEAM than the Suns?

the Suns have played pretty poorly for most of the season.

Lakers have beaten them 2 out of three thus far. The two times they beat them both teams were full strength. Ask Amare when Bynum comes back who is better.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

The Fakers have played well this season. Much better than anyone expected them to play...

but to use "we had the best record in the west" to make your point is a little crazy. Don't forget that "best record in the West" lasted for exactly two days.
Throw the records and results of the games out the window and ask yourself - do you think the Fakers are really a better TEAM than the Suns? I don't know too many people that objectively could give that a "yes" answer.

Yes, you've beaten us two out of three this year - but the Suns have played pretty poorly for most of the season. Our home opener was the worst performance I have seen from the Suns over the last three years. Hopefully this game will be a game that we look back at as one of the turning points of the Suns season.

When the Suns are playing their game they are the best team in the NBA. We have a dominant big man (when he plays hard), we have the best PG in the NBA, we have the most dynamic forward in the NBA, we have one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, and we have the fastest player in the league coming off the bench.

I don't know what it is...if they are just being lazy, if they don't really care about the regular season, or what...but this team has not come close to playing its best basketball this season. If the Suns can get their head out of their collective %%*+, there's not a team in the league that will beat us in a series without some help from the NBA and David $tern.
I think that might have been the most respectable thing I have seen you post and I agree with you with 95% of what you said. I just don't know forsure if you guys could beat a boston, detroit or maybe even the spurs.

NBAdotcom:

but to use "we had the best record in the west" to make your point is a little crazy. Don't forget that "best record in the West" lasted for exactly two days.
Throw the records and results of the games out the window and ask yourself - do you think the Fakers are really a better TEAM than the Suns? I don't know too many people that objectively could give that a "yes" answer.

Yes, you've beaten us two out of three this year - but the Suns have played pretty poorly for most of the season. Our home opener was the worst performance I have seen from the Suns over the last three years. Hopefully this game will be a game that we look back at as one of the turning points of the Suns season.

When the Suns are playing their game they are the best team in the NBA. We have a dominant big man (when he plays hard), we have the best PG in the NBA, we have the most dynamic forward in the NBA, we have one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, and we have the fastest player in the league coming off the bench.

I don't know what it is...if they are just being lazy, if they don't really care about the regular season, or what...but this team has not come close to playing its best basketball this season. If the Suns can get their head out of their collective %%*+, there's not a team in the league that will beat us in a series without some help from the NBA and David $tern.
Seriously, I had a hard time reading anything past that initial compliment. Pretty much all I saw was...
NBAdotcom:

blah, blah, blah NBA etc., etc., etc., Stern, Nash, Stat, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah NBA etc., etc., etc., Stern, Nash, Stat, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah NBA etc., etc., etc., Stern, Nash, Stat, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah NBA etc., etc., etc., Stern, Nash, Stat, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah NBA etc., etc., etc., Stern, Nash, Stat, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah NBA etc., etc., etc., Stern, Nash, Stat, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah NBA etc., etc., etc., Stern, Nash, Stat, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah NBA etc., etc., etc., Stern, Nash, Stat, blah, blah, blah,
And then a flock of pigs flew right by my window.

You can't say that WHEN the suns are playing their game, they are the best in the NBA. If that was the case, I could say "If Kobe was hot like his81 or 62 night" while "When Bynum gets 28 & 16" while "The Lakers bench score 73 points", we are the best in the NBA. I know theSuns are a good team, but I can honestly say that, with a healthy Bynum in our lineup, we are better than the Suns. The past couples of seasons, the Suns haveowned the Lakers both regular season and playoff wise. But, the Lakers have developed and now, we ARE better than the Suns.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Lakers have beaten them 2 out of three thus far. The two times they beat them both teams were full strength. Ask Amare when Bynum comes back who is better.
You're kidding, right?
You actually think Andrew Bynum is a better basketball player than Amare Stoudemire?
How many All Star teams has Andrew Bynum made? How many rookie of the year awards did Andrew Bynum earn? How many all-NBA teams has Andrew Bynum made?

Amare's problem this year is that he's been lazy. He's really not had a good season...he's let guys like Bynum, Tyson Chandler, & ChrisBosh get the better of him. Does that make them better players? Not a chance.
In the first meeting between the Suns and Fakers, Amare had exactly one rebound. I don't care who is playing him...Andrew Bynum, Bill Russell in his prime,or freaking King Kong...the only person Amare has to blame for getting one rebound in an entire game is himself.

Amare playing hard >>>> any other C in the league

The only guy that's close at this point is Dwight Howard.

The problem is that we have only seen Amare playing hard for a few games this season for whatever reason.

ska improving as a moderator

i cant beleve there isnt enough walton hate

he is actually worse than kwame
kwame at least does something postive at times
walton ALWAYS!%#*+% up
sick.gif

Amare's problem this year is that he's been lazy. He's really not had a good season...he's let guys like Bynum, Tyson Chandler, & Chris Bosh get the better of him. Does that make them better players? Not a chance.
In the first meeting between the Suns and Fakers, Amare had exactly one rebound. I don't care who is playing him...Andrew Bynum, Bill Russell in his prime, or freaking King Kong...the only person Amare has to blame for getting one rebound in an entire game is himself.

The problem is that we have only seen Amare playing hard for a few games this season for whatever reason.

the NBA's Randy Moss ..i only play when i want to/ feel like it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 531

but I can honestly say that, with a healthy Bynum in our lineup, we are better than the Suns.
roll.gif
@ Fakers fans.
How quickly you guys turn.
Did you forget how pissed off you all were just a few months ago because Kupchack wanted to keep Bynum instead of getting Jason Kidd. Now you act like he'sWilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Shaq all rolled into one.

but I can honestly say that, with a healthy Bynum in our lineup, we are better than the Suns.

hey man take it easy....... Bynum is an up and coming talented player but some of you guys are acting he's Shaq in '01 or something
laugh.gif

^ Good to see you're back. That post from you that I quoted earlier felt a little weird, like the earth was off tilt.

You'd turn too if an unproven Sun came out gunning the next year after basically just being an unproven, bench-riding rookie for a couple seasons.

But go ahead and make fun of us for doing that, because we're the only fans that do that to their team.

Hilarious.
knightngale:
i cant beleve there isnt enough walton hate

he is actually worse than kwame
kwame at least does something postive at times
walton ALWAYS!%#*+% up
sick.gif

It's impossible for Luke to be worst than Kwame, because Kwame Brown is the worst player on the Lakers... in the NBA... inthe HISTORY of the NBA... in the history of SPORTS... IN THE HISTORY OF THE ENTIRE WORLD.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

You're kidding, right?
You actually think Andrew Bynum is a better basketball player than Amare Stoudemire?
How many All Star teams has Andrew Bynum made? How many rookie of the year awards did Andrew Bynum earn? How many all-NBA teams has Andrew Bynum made?

Amare's problem this year is that he's been lazy. He's really not had a good season...he's let guys like Bynum, Tyson Chandler, & Chris Bosh get the better of him. Does that make them better players? Not a chance.
In the first meeting between the Suns and Fakers, Amare had exactly one rebound. I don't care who is playing him...Andrew Bynum, Bill Russell in his prime, or freaking King Kong...the only person Amare has to blame for getting one rebound in an entire game is himself.

I don't think he is trying to say that Drew is better then Stat because I know for sure he isn't. But he may have worred that wrong. Our teamplays better with drew out there and thats a fact. When we had drew out there vs you guys we killed yall. That's a fact.

But laker fans please...please...please...lets leave this alone. Good night.

Originally Posted by 531

roll.gif
@ Fakers fans.
How quickly you guys turn.
Did you forget how pissed off you all were just a few months ago because Kupchack wanted to keep Bynum instead of getting Jason Kidd. Now you act like he's Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Shaq all rolled into one.

Uh, no. I never wanted Jason Kidd, he's getting old. And no one said that Bynum was the Wilt, Kareem and Shaq in one, so yeah.

You make an excuse that Amare is lazy, that's why he doesn't dominate all the time. Great players don't get lazy or don't work hard. Bynumworked his%#$% of during the summer and it is paying off great. He already has a better post game than Amare. All Amare does is pick and roll with Nash to geteasy dunks. Bynum is also a superior defender than Amare, but then again, hes on the Suns.

Back
Top Bottom