Official Pizza Appreciation!

masagipatron masagipatron
Which would you consider the top 3 spots?

I think zmaqbool is more qualified to answer that, he's been to way more pizzerias than I've been. I mostly stay within Queens and even so, there's still a lot of pizzerias I haven't been to. I haven't even been to Dani's and that's probably the most well known pizzeria in Queens. Still, after all of that, my top spots in Queens would be Lucia's, Amore's and Philomena's.

What area will you be staying at? You gonna be driving or staying by a specific area?
Staying kind of far from the city- by the Ridgemoor County Club. We are gonna take the train into the city from there

Is that doable? I saw we would take the Blue Line all the way

Staying kind of far from the city- by the Ridgemoor County Club. We are gonna take the train into the city from there

Is that doable? I saw we would take the Blue Line all the way
You can take the Blue Line all the way to downtown. If that's where you plan on going, I'll make a list of some spots. If you plan on stopping in any other areas just let me know.

Yeah just take the train if you’re going into the city anyway. I’ve heard there’s good pizzerias in Chicago suburbs too but they aren’t the famous spots that everyone raves about. Get a polish sausage or frank dragged through the garden while you’re out there. Best hot dog I ever had tho was at a Rhode Island diner, only toppings were meat sauce, chopped onions and mustard but the flavor was incredible.

Last edited:
You can take the Blue Line all the way to downtown. If that's where you plan on going, I'll make a list of some spots. If you plan on stopping in any other areas just let me know.

Yeah just take the train if you’re going into the city anyway. I’ve heard there’s good pizzerias in Chicago suburbs too but they aren’t the famous spots that everyone raves about. Get a polish sausage or frank dragged through the garden while you’re out there. Best hot dog I ever had tho was at a Rhode Island diner, only toppings were meat sauce, chopped onions and mustard but the flavor was incredible.
Appreciate the feedback yall!

Lou M is better than Giordanos. Loyalist or Au Cheval for a great burger. Do a steakhouse, Chicago has the best steakhouses imo.
Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat
Gibson is a good Steakhouse, but there are a lot downtown.

There's a Lou Malnatis near you in Hardwood Heights by Harlem, just north of The HIP (Harlem Irving Plaza). I recommend you get a deep dish with the butter crust. Sausage is the way to go imo.

There's also a Portillos close to Lou's where you're at also. Great place for an authentic Chicago Dog & Italian Beef Sandwich. If you like chocolate or desserts, try a slice of their Chocolate Cake or the Cake Shake while you're there.

Both spots have locations Downtown also, but if more convenient, you can try them close to where you're staying which leaves more room for other spots downtown.

Highly recommend the deep dish, dog, and Italian beef if it's your first go in Chicago

I want a damb steak bro...... I'll stop in for sure... which are your favorites
Steak 48 was incredible when I was there. Was my favorite when I was there. Gibson's is also very good, they have some really thick cuts. Maple & Ash is another one to hit if you can. Avoid Smith & Wollensky, they're terrible in NY and Chicago is no different.

Go to Portillo's too, I would go almost every night when I visited for their beef and cheddar croissant.

Also, a place that was very well known but didn't like was Fatso's Last Stand so I'd avoid if I were you.

Steak 48 was incredible when I was there. Was my favorite when I was there. Gibson's is also very good, they have some really thick cuts. Maple & Ash is another one to hit if you can. Avoid Smith & Wollensky, they're terrible in NY and Chicago is no different.

Go to Portillo's too, I would go almost every night when I visited for their beef and cheddar croissant.

Also, a place that was very well known but didn't like was Fatso's Last Stand so I'd avoid if I were you.
maple and ash is overrated. its more of a clubby kind of place, I visited both scottsdale and Chicago locations.

food isn't anything special, its more if you're into the club like vibe (nothing wrong with that)

Back
Top Bottom