Official Pizza Appreciation!

... almost forgot, you have to stop by Garrett Popcorn and get a mixed bag of Caramel & Cheddar. Good to snack on while you walk around or to take back where you're staying. Just make sure you take some napkins with.

My hood cousin used to have us running around to uncle Remus, harold’s and Gladys knight chicken n waffles when I stayed with them for a summer. No complaints but I had good chicken where I’m at. Only thing that surprised me was the frozen deep dish pizza’s from the Dominick’s grocery store. Best frozen deep dish I’ve ate.

... almost forgot, you have to stop by Garrett Popcorn and get a mixed bag of Caramel & Cheddar. Good to snack on while you walk around or to take back where you're staying. Just make sure you take some napkins with.
Worst case scenario they sell it at both airports. Not fresh but still good. Cop anytime I stop through Chicago airports.

My hood cousin used to have us running around to uncle Remus, harold’s and Gladys knight chicken n waffles when I stayed with them for a summer. No complaints but I had good chicken where I’m at. Only thing that surprised me was the frozen deep dish pizza’s from the Dominick’s grocery store. Best frozen deep dish I’ve ate.
Damn, you said Dominicks. They're no longer around but they were a Chicago grocery store staple like Jewel. Wish they still had them around.

Yeah the best one I went to was downtown underground on the parking garage level. They had a guy in there playing the piano it a suit and all. Downtown Chicago is so much different than the rest of the city, it’s like you’re in a whole nother place. Even crazier than New York imo because compared to the southside where every house looks the exact same. One story with basement up under and probably a security camera at the front door.

Yeah the best one I went to was downtown underground on the parking garage level. They had a guy in there playing the piano it a suit and all. Downtown Chicago is so much different than the rest of the city, it’s like you’re in a whole nother place. Even crazier than New York imo because compared to the southside where every house looks the exact same. One story with basement up under and probably a security camera at the front door.
Edit: Nm, I read that last paragraph wrong.

I'm glad you used to go to the Southside. A lot of ppl who visit here never venture to the North or Southside. Neighborhoods up north Like Logan Square, Wicker Park, Lakeview are so quintessential Chicago. As well as Neighborhoods south like Pilsen, Bridgeport, Bronzeville. I'd really encourage ppl to get out of Downtown cause a simple walk along someplace like Milwaukee Ave in Longan Square will show a side of Chicago that most are unaware of. It's just as live as downtown but extremely different. It's kinna like going to New York and not venturing into Brooklyn, Queens, or The Bronx. They all have their own vibe that's different from Manhattan.

Last edited:
i saw this place on the way to Pequods iirc. funny *** name for a hot dog/burger/etc spot. i didn't go there though :lol:
I had so many people recommend that place to me, so I said why not, regretted it lol. Worst place was this one really popular place that's known for their italian beef sandwiches, and it's where I realized those sandwiches aren't for me.

maple and ash is overrated. its more of a clubby kind of place, I visited both scottsdale and Chicago locations.

food isn't anything special, its more if you're into the club like vibe (nothing wrong with that)
Had beautiful women when I was there, I wasn't complaining at all :lol:

Ordered for pickup from my usual spot. Glad I checked before driving home. I ordered a pepperoni pie but they gave me a regular. Brought it back and they just put pepperoni from the refrigerator on top of the pizza. They could’ve at least baked it for a couple of minutes. Called them almost exactly an hour ago and now I can go back home.
IMG_4426.jpeg

just putting them on top is wilding lolol

i like my pepp crispy some what so it needs to be heated up for sure

the pizza itself without the pepp looks good though

I've said it before & I'll say it again- meat does not belong on pizza IMO. I haven't had a lot of meat toppings pizza in my life but no matter the choice of meat or what sauce base the pie has it just never hit anytime I tried it.

The sauce literally makes or breaks the pizza. Cheese is essential too but bad cheese can be masked with the right toppings.

my favorite topping combos:

1) onions and peppers
2) pepperoni
3) pepperoni and mushrooms

pepperoni is the only meat i like on pizza

Back
Top Bottom