Official Pizza Appreciation!

Speaking of meats on a pizza, Cuts & Slices in Brooklyn has a few iterations of an oxtail slice. It surprisingly works, but what to me is even better and not talked about is how amazing their chopped cheese pizza is, that was legit the best slice I've had from there. Untraditional and I know other pizza spots have attempted a burger, big macish style pizza before, but the one from Cuts and Slices definitely takes the spot.

Always thought anchovies on pizza was just some ninja turtles thing :lol:

Speaking of TMNT this book is where I learned about English muffin pizzas :pimp:
IMG_1357.jpeg

I've seen anchovies as a topping option on just about every pizzerias menu that I've been to but I have never actually seen anyone get it, lol. It's a type of small fish or something right?
Yes. They’re VERY fishy and salty. One of the least popular toppings out there. I’m a huge seafood guy, so I love them.

I wouldn’t encourage anyone to try them unless they really like the taste of seafood. If the thought of strong tasting seafood turns you off in any way, then it’s an easy pass

Speaking of meats on a pizza, Cuts & Slices in Brooklyn has a few iterations of an oxtail slice. It surprisingly works, but what to me is even better and not talked about is how amazing their chopped cheese pizza is, that was legit the best slice I've had from there. Untraditional and I know other pizza spots have attempted a burger, big macish style pizza before, but the one from Cuts and Slices definitely takes the spot.

I went there once before they blew up online. And I didn’t even go there for pizza, I was there to check out the Incarcerated Jerkface Krusty The Clown piece next to it. I definitely want to try that oxtail slice but I noticed they’re about to branch out to Queens, so I might go there instead.

I went there once before they blew up online. And I didn’t even go there for pizza, I was there to check out the Incarcerated Jerkface Krusty The Clown piece next to it. I definitely want to try that oxtail slice but I noticed they’re about to branch out to Queens, so I might go there instead.
Very much worth going to, they make some really good slices. Oxtail slice is worth it. If you're into seafood on your pizza, their curry shrimp is definitely worth a try as is the garlic parm shrimp one.

I need to try that oxtail slice but the lines look crazy. Not pizza but this food trunk by me does oxtail patties. Straight fire
Yes. They’re VERY fishy and salty. One of the least popular toppings out there. I’m a huge seafood guy, so I love them.

I wouldn’t encourage anyone to try them unless they really like the taste of seafood. If the thought of strong tasting seafood turns you off in any way, then it’s an easy pass

I love seafood so I recently tried anchovies again at this restaurant where the food was phenomenal. Yea I can’t do it. Last time I had it was a kid. This place would put a slice on top of their caesar salads. Tried it back then, still too fishy for me

They said pull up, so I pulled up, beloved. Cuts and Slices new Queens location on Linden Blvd.

The wait is long, there is a line in the Sun, no seats and the pizza is expensive. One slice can go from $10 to $20.

I had the shrimp/lobster alfredo and the oxtail slices. My main gripe is there wasn’t more (especially for that price tag). They have salmon, chicken, beef, vegan options as well. I want to try the jerk chicken and chopped cheese slices next go round.

IMG_4134.jpeg

IMG_4136.jpeg
IMG_4139.jpeg

Wondering if there's anywhere in NYC that makes this without having to go to Chicago
You should go to Chicago anyway. That town has a whole entire culture of its own. Of the big 3 cities Chicago is the most accepting. New York and LA want you to be on their time to blend in. Also as a black man Chicago is easy for me to slide into and not miss a beat. Everybody in Chicago got family down south including my own. Chicago is damn near a southern city that catches snow. Same with Detroit and Cleveland.

Did I read $10-$20 A SLICE?!! 🤯

Yep 😬

I’m still not sold on the hype of Cuts & Slices.

Nothing I’ve seen from them has inspired me to put them on my list of places to try.

I think they’re worth trying. But it’s not a place that I would go to consistently. The waiting and price point is very high. Also the distance and the fact that you can’t eat in there. There’s a lot of strikes against the place but I think it is worthy of trying out if not for any other reason than to rule it out.

A $20 slice is insane. That better be made by the pizza god himself. That’s a whole pie at most spots.

Back
Top Bottom