Official Pizza Appreciation!

Last night….
IMG_4218.jpeg

HOLY CRAP!! 🤯

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, yeah, Portnoy is a scumbag in his personal life. But there is no denying what he's done for small businesses around the country. $50M is INCREDIBLE!! And the small spots he's saved with a good review is AMAZING. Hell, I wouldn't have found my favorite NJ spot without the YT video of it.

Owner messed up BIG TIME!!! The whole topping the pie with Parm is a delicate touch. Too much and you can't taste the actual pizza. And yeah, that was a soupy mess. I'd be ticked if I bought that and couldn't even hold a slice without it falling apart. Dude's Yelp page is BLOWING UP and not in a good way (this too is wrong). Cringy video (that people will say is a classic already). Just bad all around.

This is a classic 🤣. It’s got some good quotes. “Dom of the Year”, “Your shirt is six sizes too small, fatso”, “🖕🏽Let me be clear- f*** you”, “You’re all talk, kinda like that NY Times article”, “I like how Dom of the Year slides back in like mid-convo”. This **** was jokes 🤣🤣🤣

And then the photo that the pizzeria owner took with him giving Portnoy the middle finger came out all blurry 🤣
IMG_4208.jpeg

First time at Dani’s in Kew Gardens, Queens. A regular, a pesto and a pesto with extra sauce. First thing I noticed is that everyone ****ing knows each other in there like Cheers. They were doing IOU’s like crazy in there (“yeah, pay me back tomorrow”).

The pesto slice is the crown jewel of Dani’s. If you like pesto, you’ll like this. Be warned, it’s oily af. The pesto with extra sauce (Dani’s is known for their sweet tomato sauce) is the cheat code. I did my homework first so I was aware of its existence.

It’s a small, old school spot, barely any room but I was lucky to get a seat on the counter. Although it’s a faux pas to use a pizza box on the counter.

Also, Dani’s is owned by Albanians. Learned that from Action Bronson.

IMG_4210.jpeg

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP!! 🤯

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, yeah, Portnoy is a scumbag in his personal life. But there is no denying what he's done for small businesses around the country. $50M is INCREDIBLE!! And the small spots he's saved with a good review is AMAZING. Hell, I wouldn't have found my favorite NJ spot without the YT video of it.

Owner messed up BIG TIME!!! The whole topping the pie with Parm is a delicate touch. Too much and you can't taste the actual pizza. And yeah, that was a soupy mess. I'd be ticked if I bought that and couldn't even hold a slice without it falling apart. Dude's Yelp page is BLOWING UP and not in a good way (this too is wrong). Cringy video (that people will say is a classic already). Just bad all around.

:lol: $50M of what? Not saying it isn't true but he just threw a number out and folks accepted.

First time at Dani’s in Kew Gardens, Queens. A regular, a pesto and a pesto with extra sauce. First thing I noticed is that everyone ****ing knows each other in there like Cheers. They were doing IOU’s like crazy in there (“yeah, pay me back tomorrow”).

The pesto slice is the crown jewel of Dani’s. If you like pesto, you’ll like this. Be warned, it’s oily af. The pesto with extra sauce (Dani’s is known for their sweet tomato sauce) is the cheat code. I did my homework first so I was aware of its existence.

It’s a small, old school spot, barely any room but I was lucky to get a seat on the counter. Although it’s a faux pas to use a pizza box on the counter.

Also, Dani’s is owned by Albanians. Learned that from Action Bronson.

IMG_4210.jpeg
Ahh you finally made your way over to Dani's! Hope you enjoyed it. Easily top 5 NYC pizzerias, in my opinion.

:lol: $50M of what? Not saying it isn't true but he just threw a number out and folks accepted.

His fund for small businesses to help them from the onset of Covid! I'm NOT a fan by ANY MEANS. I personally think he's a twisted sadistic creep when it comes to his personal life with the opposite sex. But the number is in the 8 figures that's for sure. He raised and gave out money to all these small pizza shops to keep them afloat. The exact number? 🤷 but it is up there.

Back
Top Bottom