Official Pizza Appreciation!

What did you guys order from Pepes?

Never had a bad pie there.
Their famous, ranked number 1 pizza in America, White Clam pie. It was the definition of TRASH.
Also had their regular pie. Nothing impressive at all. Nothing. Then had another pie that had sausage, pepperoni, and some peppers, it's terrible.
I never have an issue paying for food or driving to a new place, but this time I reluctantly had to take my wallet out, I was so pissed. I could have seriously gotten a better pizza from Dominos. That place is the most overrated, trash pizza joint I've ever been to. I feel deceived by all the claims about HAVING to go try that. I feel that it's just an issue of group think to the highest degree.

White Clam pie almost sounds worse than a Hawaiian pie :lol:

This is why I love Santarpio's Boston. They keep the menu small, simple and get everything perfect.

main-menu.jpg

Never had clam pizza but the crab slice from the artichoke pizza place was damn good.

Yeah you guys are kinda dumb for that one.

White clam, oregano, basil, garlic, mozzerella, olive oil, and pecorino romano sounds worse than pineapple and ham with some out-of-place tomato sauce?

Please re-evaluate.

White clam, oregano, basil, garlic, mozzerella, olive oil, and pecorino romano sounds worse than pineapple and ham with some out-of-place tomato sauce?

Please re-evaluate.
Ok, I take it back. That sounds good the way you laid it out.

I would be open to try it.

Pineapples though, nah. Tried it, not a fan

Please re-evaluate.

Sounds like a flatbread, not a pizza. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to pizza. If it doesn't have sauce/tomatoes...not a pizza.

But it doesn't sound as bad. I was picturing a white sauce which is a no no.

What's wrong with ranch as a dipping sauce for pizza?

Why is pineapple such a bad thing to have on pizza?
I don't see anything wrong with ranch on Pizza either. Ranch, to me, is a fat mans dipping sauce. Put it on junk food. Pizza is junk food. (Not health based).

Pineapples on pizza make sense, sweet/salty but some I just don't like the texture of it and the added moisture that the pineapples introduce to the pizza. (Even when they are drained). Remember Pineapples are 90% water

Re: Ranch

I believe Anthony Bourdain was the one who coined the phrase "The ranchification of America" and man its a serious problem. Went on a trip with some friends to Pismo Beach over the weekend and one of my friends and his girl dipped all their food in ranch; pizza, bbq sandwiches, burgers, fries, etc they wouldnt take a bite without it :lol:

White Clam pie almost sounds worse than a Hawaiian pie :lol:

This is why I love Santarpio's Boston. They keep the menu small, simple and get everything perfect.

main-menu.jpg
I absolutely LOVE Santarpio's!!! I make it an effort to stop by every year while visiting Boston. The pizza is very close to what we have back home in NYC in term's of thin crust. Great people working there too.

Re: Ranch

I believe Anthony Bourdain was the one who coined the phrase "The ranchification of America" and man its a serious problem. Went on a trip with some friends to Pismo Beach over the weekend and one of my friends and his girl dipped all their food in ranch; pizza, bbq sandwiches, burgers, fries, etc they wouldnt take a bite without it :lol:
Fries and burgers dipped in ranch is fire... Word to burger king

I don't see anything wrong with ranch on Pizza either. Ranch, to me, is a fat mans dipping sauce. Put it on junk food. Pizza is junk food. (Not health based).

Pineapples on pizza make sense, sweet/salty but some I just don't like the texture of it and the added moisture that the pineapples introduce to the pizza. (Even when they are drained). Remember Pineapples are 90% water
I feel like most people that say it's gross, never tried it

I don't think there are many that have never tried ranch.

I think those that say it is gross acrually feel it is GROSS

Back
Top Bottom