Official Pizza Appreciation!

Funny you mentioned Old Forge Pizza. My neighbor told me about it. It's 2 hours from me. I may have to give it a go next year in the spring. Would be a good drive out in my Mustang.

Onto the tomato pie. It's thinner, so it's crispy and has that crunch. And it has the normal amount of cheese but there is more sauce than a cheese pizza and it's basically crushed tomatoes on it (from what I can tell) on top somewhat and it's divine! Here's the pic from earlier in November. So worth it. I just gotta find a cheaper way to get there. PA to NJ TP is like $15 each way. 😳
Not too bad, it's about 3 hours from me. I was thinking I do the same next Spring in my Challenger, would make for a fun little road trip. Seems to be one style for the entire town- square.

Tomato pie sounds promising. It can get thinner then their cheese pie? lol. $15 each way? that can add up rather fast. Over here the GWB is now at $16 but you only get tolled when you come back into ny. Tolls are going up here pretty soon AGAIN smh. City is really putting the squeeze on us. They cite inflation & low budgets for the reason :emoji_angry:. To avoid it just cover up your license plate...lol, jk don't do that.

there underrated big time, their DSP is top tier IMO

have you had Michigan & Trumbull? had it a few weeks ago. that might be #1
Man, I was literally trying to decide between Grandma Bob's & Michigan & Trumbull. Went with Grandma's cause they closed later. Next time for sure. Haven't tried Supino's yet either.

headed to tokyo this coming weekend. pizza in japan used to suck but it’s looking much better nowadays as i read online reviews. i might try one of the spots if i can convince my fam.
Tokyo :pimp:& their car culture 🔥. You got to post pics of the spots you try, I'm curious to see how they pizza out there. You are about to see some dope GTR's & JDM cars in the flesh.

Interesting what Japan does for Christmas. They go balls out for KFC on Christmas day, lol. Apparently KFC is a must for the entire country on Christmas.

headed to tokyo this coming weekend. pizza in japan used to suck but it’s looking much better nowadays as i read online reviews. i might try one of the spots if i can convince my fam.

on netflix's pizza edition of chef's table, there was a spot in Kyoto, Japan they touched on. it's not traditional pizza and not sure if it's near where you'll be, but might be worth checking out. it's called monk and the chef is Yoshihiro Imai. again, it's def not traditional pizza

other than that, i know nothing about pizza in japan

Man, I was literally trying to decide between Grandma Bob's & Michigan & Trumbull. Went with Grandma's cause they closed later. Next time for sure. Haven't tried Supino's yet either.
Supinos is trash now, IMO of course

Was a fan but it tastes really diff compared to a few years ago. No idea if change in ingridients. People seem to still love it but me and my wife both don’t like it now, just had an off taste

Not too bad, it's about 3 hours from me. I was thinking I do the same next Spring in my Challenger, would make for a fun little road trip. Seems to be one style for the entire town- square.

Tomato pie sounds promising. It can get thinner then their cheese pie? lol. $15 each way? that can add up rather fast. Over here the GWB is now at $16 but you only get tolled when you come back into ny. Tolls are going up here pretty soon AGAIN smh. City is really putting the squeeze on us. They cite inflation & low budgets for the reason :emoji_angry:. To avoid it just cover up your license plate...lol, jk don't do that.

Yeah, I might have to try a different route (take the TP to Rt1 and cross over via Trenton bridge as that's free one way and tolled coming back. But the pizza is so freaking good, I may not care.

Supinos is trash now, IMO of course

Was a fan but it tastes really diff compared to a few years ago. No idea if change in ingridients. People seem to still love it but me and my wife both don’t like it now, just had an off taste
Cool. I'll pass on it next time then. I'll hit up the Trumbull spot for sure. Good lookin out

Cool. I'll pass on it next time then. I'll hit up the Trumbull spot for sure. Good lookin out
You can go supinos. You might love it, just my personal opinion and oddly enough after Covid it changed.

Previously anytime I went Detroit I’d stop in for a slice or full pie

i aint knocking it but id never goto Pizza Hut - dont even think we got one in South Philly come to think of it

living in the city its too many ma and pops pizza shops i rather support first anyway

i aint knocking it but id never goto Pizza Hut - dont even think we got one in South Philly come to think of it

living in the city its too many ma and pops pizza shops i rather support first anyway

There are mom and pop stores where I am too which have good pizza and I support.

But common folks work at Pizza Hut too. Giving them business puts money in their pocket.

Pizza Hut was THE BEST way way way back in the day (restaurant says). Was my first job in HS. The pan pizza and their Neapolitan (which was made very different with a thin pan with holes in it) was amazing. But with Pizza Hut spots disappearing, the want for quick pan pizza shifted when Dominos years ago came out with a reformulated pan recipe and its damn good.

That being said, if I want a thick pizza, there's a family run spot, Collegeville Italian Bakery that sells a legit authentic Detroit style. Uses the actual blue pans from Motor City, and brick cheese. It's so freaking good. I'll get that over any other thick pizza when the need arises.

472807CE-FD55-4A7D-9F78-2B033AB22F4A.jpeg

My favorite spot in San Diego so far. Sister’s Pizza

The Sicilian square is a Friday-Sunday sometimes special. Finally got it :pimp:

Wish the Pizza Hut by me didn't close down years back. There's barely any locations here.

Are there even anymore dine-in Pizza Hut locations? Seems like they shut down all the dine-in locations here. I guess Domino's whole delivery/no dine-in formula came out on top at the end.

Back
Top Bottom