Official Pizza Appreciation!

yeah i don't doubt lucali's pie but it ain't worth all that imo unless you're REALLY into pizza. i consider myself really into pizza and i still wouldn't go thru all that tbh

yeah i don't doubt lucali's pie but it ain't worth all that imo unless you're REALLY into pizza. i consider myself really into pizza and i still wouldn't go thru all that tbh
ALL THIS on Lucali word-for-word I couldn't agree more 💯. I give em their credit & from videos & pics the pizza looks phenomenal but I gotta go through ALL THAT for some 🍕? Yeah...NO :lol:

Spent the day 🍕 crawling in NJ. Went to Brooklyn Square in Jackson Township. They are known for their square slices. I had the mushroom/onion, upside down & regular. All 3 were pillowy & soft with great char on the undercarriage. The regular one I could do without...sauce was 👎 on that one.

Stop #2 was Palermo's in Bordentown. They are known for their tomatoe pies but I stuck with my go-to which is cheese pie. Excellent sauce & pretty thin. One Bite gave them an 8.2 & I can see why.

Last but not least: Brother Bruno's in Wayne, NJ. It's a spot known for dessert pizza. I went with the large divided into chocolate chip/birthday cake/cookie monster & fudge brownie. Can't lie New Jersey has some dope pizza spots.
20221212_123606.jpg
20221212_124339.jpg
20221212_133010.jpg
20221212_134214.jpg
20221212_151643.jpg
20221212_153216.jpg
20221212_153708.jpg

Hey bud, glad you tried Palermo's. But you NEED to do their tomato pie. The cheese was good, but it not nearly as good as their tomato pie. The cheese may be thin to you, but the tomato pie is even thinner. It's SO worth it. Go back a page or two to see my pics I posted of it. May go back soon to get another one.

Honestly I dont think any pizza shop is worth a trip solely for the pizza unless you gonna be around that area anyways or its a type of slice you cant get anywhere else. And not cause itll be bad or whatever, its just theres a ton of good pizza spots everywhere in NYC and any of those shops will fix your craving. If im in Soho ill get Prince St no doubt, best pepporoni slice anywhere. If theres a better one in BK I guarantee it wont be worth the travel.

Don't say that. After I told my buddy to try the tomato pie at Palermo's, he was up for the hour drive (as we're 4 others). And he's a true food guy who owned a VERY GOOD restaurant in the area for 27 years using his family recipes (his mac & cheese was pure heaven). Did well enough to retire in his late 50s (place was always hopping) So this guy knows food and when he had the tomato pie, he said it was worth the drive for that. When a long time restaurant owner says that about a particular food, you know it's good.

Spent the day 🍕 crawling in NJ. Went to Brooklyn Square in Jackson Township. They are known for their square slices. I had the mushroom/onion, upside down & regular. All 3 were pillowy & soft with great char on the undercarriage. The regular one I could do without...sauce was 👎 on that one.

Stop #2 was Palermo's in Bordentown. They are known for their tomatoe pies but I stuck with my go-to which is cheese pie. Excellent sauce & pretty thin. One Bite gave them an 8.2 & I can see why.

Last but not least: Brother Bruno's in Wayne, NJ. It's a spot known for dessert pizza. I went with the large divided into chocolate chip/birthday cake/cookie monster & fudge brownie. Can't lie New Jersey has some dope pizza spots.
20221212_123606.jpg
20221212_124339.jpg
20221212_133010.jpg
20221212_134214.jpg
20221212_151643.jpg
20221212_153216.jpg
20221212_153708.jpg
Based on what I’ve seen NJ looks like it has the best pizza in the country no lie
At least for the style I prefer. Thin crispy and a little well done

need to visit nyc soon and get me another slice.

So far I’ve had:

John’s on bleeker
Di fara
Prince st
Joe’s on carmine st

anywhere else I should check out? Is Scarr’s pizza worth the stop?
Lucali is a must, and listen, get the calzone, somehow it's even better than the pizza.
Ribalta is also an incredible place to get pizza. Their starters are also great, the fried zucchini flower? The potato croquettes? Fire
Una Pizza Napoletana, it's so hard to get a table, and you're only allowed one pizza per table but ohhhhh is it worth it.
Best Pizza in Brooklyn, get the white pizza, so good!
Additionally in Brooklyn, you can get two amazing pizzas in DUMBO, Ignazio's is super good, and then you have Juliana's, which is pure ecstasy. You can still go to Grimialdi's too, it's good but not a place to travel to especially considering the other two spots are also on the same block. Plus, it's a great place area to bring a lady friend so enjoy brother

Based on what I’ve seen NJ looks like it has the best pizza in the country no lie
At least for the style I prefer. Thin crispy and a little well done
Bro I 100% agree with you on this! Glad you mentioned it because I have for the longest time judging by the NJ One Bite videos said to myself that NJ looks like it probably has the best pizza on the East Coast if not the entire U.S. New Jersey doesn't get talked about enough when it comes to pizza. I'm one of those wacky New Yorkers that'll defend "NYC has the best pizza in the world" to the death :lol: BUT, man, driving up & down the East Coast & indulging on pizza in MA/CT/NJ my eyes have been opened & jaw left hanging & I got to say there are more than a handful of spots out there that'll give NYC a MAJOR run for it's $ when it comes to pizza. That's just the truth in my opinion.

And yes, thin & crispy seems to be NJ's go-to style & Trenton is huge on tomato pies which I need to start trying because 99.9% of the time I stick to what I know which is a regular cheese pie. I absolutely love this thread & the food thread. I've seen & learnt so much on food & pizza because of these threads it's just crazy. So many amazing posts from all over the country. I'll be venturing deeper into Jersey for pizza starting next year. Also, Boston gets slept on A LOT for their pizza. Santarpio's & especially Regina(North End OG) are a slice of heaven & I'll say Regina is top 5 some of the best pizza I've had the pleasure of eating outside of NYC. Their pizza is absolute top-tier & perfection every-single-time!

Last Night

Grandma Bob's - Detroit

Sausage & Pistachio
Italian Sausage, Crushed Pistachio, Red Onion, Ricotta Cheese, Rosemary
IMG_20221210_204553~2.jpg

IMG_20221210_202911~2.jpg

IMG_20221210_210510~2.jpg

This Morning

Post Run/Complementary Breakfast
IMG_20221211_075946~2.jpg
there underrated big time, their DSP is top tier IMO

have you had Michigan & Trumbull? had it a few weeks ago. that might be #1

Hey bud, glad you tried Palermo's. But you NEED to do their tomato pie. The cheese was good, but it not nearly as good as their tomato pie. The cheese may be thin to you, but the tomato pie is even thinner. It's SO worth it. Go back a page or two to see my pics I posted of it. May go back soon to get another one.
That's right, you went there recently! Totally forgot to speak to you on that. I hear nothing but rave reviews on their tomato pie. What is exactly is tomato pie? Less cheese & a thicker sauce with tomato chunks mixed in? I def will be going back & trying it. Thank you for the recommendation. You ever have pizza in Old Forge? Is that far from you?

L’Industrie should be getting more love.
I took my brother & his wife there this past July & they hated it :lol:. I think L'Industrie is known for their specialty slices most which have meat on them & my brother & his wife are vegetarians so they had the plain & gave it a 4.2, lol so not a fair review. I had the plain & the one with mushrooms & goat cheese dollops on a honey sauce. Their plain was aight(I've had better) but the goat cheese one was superb.

I took my brother & his wife there this past July & they hated it :lol:. I think L'Industrie is known for their specialty slices most which have meat on them & my brother & his wife are vegetarians so they had the plain & gave it a 4.2, lol so not a fair review. I had the plain & the one with mushrooms & goat cheese dollops on a honey sauce. Their plain was aight(I've had better) but the goat cheese one was superb.
Interesting. Haven’t had any meat from there. Thought their burrata slice was ELITE.

Definitely better than some of the other places that have been named.

L&B Spumoni too...pretty damn good sicilian slices
L&B :pimp: . I'm a regular triangle slice kinda guy & stick with that but yes, their sicilians are great too. You ever try their regular slice? L&B has or had a legit crazy mobster background. I know there's got to be a few mob owned pizza joints in ChiTown too.

L&B :pimp: . I'm a regular triangle slice kinda guy & stick with that but yes, their sicilians are great too. You ever try their regular slice? L&B has or had a legit crazy mobster background. I know there's got to be a few mob owned pizza joints in ChiTown too.

nah only the squares. and their ice cream :lol:

i need to get back to NYC...been 3.5 years. need to make my rounds at my fav pizza spots again :lol:

nah only the squares. and their ice cream :lol:

i need to get back to NYC...been 3.5 years. need to make my rounds at my fav pizza spots again :lol:
I've never had their ice cream, what about the Spumoni? What is that exactly? I've never had. Damn you're slacking, lol 3.5 years is too long. I need to get out to South Shore. We have very similar tastes in pizza I've noticed 💪

I've never had their ice cream, what about the Spumoni? What is that exactly? I've never had. Damn you're slacking, lol 3.5 years is too long. I need to get out to South Shore. We have very similar tastes in pizza I've noticed 💪

yeah its prob blasphemy to call spumoni "ice cream" :lol:
it's good though...it's prob closer to gelato with nuts and **** in it. def worth a try next time you go. they have normal ice cream too though

yeah man since COVID, all my east coast trips been home to visit my parents in MA. but long due for NYC...maybe this spring :nerd:

south shore is good but i'd say it's not worth the trip on it's own from out of state. but if you're in the Boston area to start with, def take a detour to get some SSBP tho. then it's absolutely worth it :pimp:

yeah its prob blasphemy to call spumoni "ice cream" :lol:
it's good though...it's prob closer to gelato with nuts and **** in it. def worth a try next time you go. they have normal ice cream too though

yeah man since COVID, all my east coast trips been home to visit my parents in MA. but long due for NYC...maybe this spring :nerd:

south shore is good but i'd say it's not worth the trip on it's own from out of state. but if you're in the Boston area to start with, def take a detour to get some SSBP tho. then it's absolutely worth it :pimp:
Ohhh that's what it is- layered ice cream with fruits and nuts, lol learn some new everyday. Spring is a good time to visit. It's right before the hoard of tourists start to flock in for the warmer months so it's not as congested & crazy as it would be from June onwards. Spring is usually the time I'll stroll around Times Sq, other than that I avoid it like the plague that it is, lol.

Good looking out. I will be in Boston(don't know when) for Florina so when I go I'll check out SS. Them SSBP look great. Will hit you up for recs when I go. How far is SS from Boston?

That's right, you went there recently! Totally forgot to speak to you on that. I hear nothing but rave reviews on their tomato pie. What is exactly is tomato pie? Less cheese & a thicker sauce with tomato chunks mixed in? I def will be going back & trying it. Thank you for the recommendation. You ever have pizza in Old Forge? Is that far from you?

Funny you mentioned Old Forge Pizza. My neighbor told me about it. It's 2 hours from me. I may have to give it a go next year in the spring. Would be a good drive out in my Mustang.

Onto the tomato pie. It's thinner, so it's crispy and has that crunch. And it has the normal amount of cheese but there is more sauce than a cheese pizza and it's basically crushed tomatoes on it (from what I can tell) on top somewhat and it's divine! Here's the pic from earlier in November. So worth it. I just gotta find a cheaper way to get there. PA to NJ TP is like $15 each way. 😳

Attachments

• PXL_20221108_161606909.jpg
    PXL_20221108_161606909.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20221108_160309044.jpg
    PXL_20221108_160309044.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20221108_162017187.jpg
    PXL_20221108_162017187.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 276
  • PXL_20221108_161610240.jpg
    PXL_20221108_161610240.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 466
Good looking out. I will be in Boston(don't know when) for Florina so when I go I'll check out SS. Them SSBP look great. Will hit you up for recs when I go. How far is SS from Boston?

definitely hit me up, man. happy to share my favorite spots. Boston down to the south shore you gotta time right otherwise its traffic for days. depending on what spot it's probably a 25-30 mile trek each way. but if you can dedicate an afternoon it's be worth it to knock out 3-4 spots down there for sure

Back
Top Bottom