Official Pizza Appreciation!

$20 for a slice. FOH

I know how to make pizza from scratch. The ingredients are cheap. No pizza should be costing that much

So those two slices could’ve cost $40?

Nah man :lol:

These two were about $32. I agree, the price is a lot. The Bodega Truck prices are crazy too. They do sell regular slices and beef pepperoni slices that are much cheaper.

$20 for a slice. FOH

I know how to make pizza from scratch. The ingredients are cheap. No pizza should be costing that much

I can understand raising the price to some extent. Shrimp, lobster, truffles, oxtails are not exactly cheap. Although, they probably have gone a bit too high. I don't see this as a place I would go to consistently, not just in terms of price but also the waiting in line that's involved, lack of seating and I'm some distance away from St. Albans. Although, I've heard that there are people coming in from LI, NJ and other states beyond that.

Oxtail ain't cheap and it ain't easy scavenging all the meat from the bones. Short rib or cabeza might be better tender beef options but still, neither are cheap. No way it's a bad pizza though.

It’s more than the price for me. I just don’t even think the pizza looks that good.

Crust looks kinda sad.

The crust wasn’t particularly good tbh. Jadakiss went viral for ordering a crust only box from Cuts and Slices a couple of years ago smh

But the main part of the pizza, with the meats, was great. The presentation of it, I get it but not all food is meant to look aesthetically pleasing.

Edit: Nm, I read that last paragraph wrong.

I'm glad you used to go to the Southside. A lot of ppl who visit here never venture to the North or Southside. Neighborhoods up north Like Logan Square, Wicker Park, Lakeview are so quintessential Chicago. As well as Neighborhoods south like Pilsen, Bridgeport, Bronzeville. I'd really encourage ppl to get out of Downtown cause a simple walk along someplace like Milwaukee Ave in Longan Square will show a side of Chicago that most are unaware of. It's just as live as downtown but extremely different. It's kinna like going to New York and not venturing into Brooklyn, Queens, or The Bronx. They all have their own vibe that's different from Manhattan.

man im glad youre in this thread always

nice to have someone else actually from over here

you hitting pizza fest?

for anyone in town in chi, theres a fest saturday and sunday with some of the best pizza vendors we have

its 95 bucks and you get unlimited drinks and 10 slices of pizza. i havent been yet but im intrigued

Some pizza I've been having past week in Medina & Makkah, Saudi Arabia. The one from Panino's was pretty bad & may be up there for the worst pizza I've ever had in my life, lol. Look at how paper-thin it is. Straight up cardboard pizza that one. Sbarro earlier today actually surprised me. I thought it was going to be bad but that chicken topping one was 👌.
20230824_164739.jpg
20230824_164752.jpg
20230824_165755.jpg
20230824_165459.jpg
20230822_165929.jpg
20230822_174007.jpg
20230822_174326.jpg
20230818_173824.jpg
20230818_173527.jpg
20230818_220624.jpg

they shaming the panino name
Is it an international brand? I've never heard of it. They should honestly close up shop, lol, that's how bad it was man. I should've known better because when I walked past it they were empty 0 customers...I should've taken the hint but the fat boy in me wanted to try it 😔. Lesson learned- empty shop keep it moving.

Is it an international brand? I've never heard of it. They should honestly close up shop, lol, that's how bad it was man. I should've known better because when I walked past it they were empty 0 customers...I should've taken the hint but the fat boy in me wanted to try it 😔. Lesson learned- empty shop keep it moving.

theres one by my old crib in chi that was fire, lake view area

they had a chicken alfredo grandma style slice that was unique

and the other slices were solid too

They said pull up, so I pulled up, beloved. Cuts and Slices new Queens location on Linden Blvd.

The wait is long, there is a line in the Sun, no seats and the pizza is expensive. One slice can go from $10 to $20.

I had the shrimp/lobster alfredo and the oxtail slices. My main gripe is there wasn’t more (especially for that price tag). They have salmon, chicken, beef, vegan options as well. I want to try the jerk chicken and chopped cheese slices next go round.

IMG_4134.jpeg

IMG_4136.jpeg
IMG_4139.jpeg
What’s the regular slice look like

$20 a slice with that dollar store looking crust 🤮

What’s the regular slice look like

$20 a slice with that dollar store looking crust 🤮

Nobody orders a regular there. I had a regular slice the first time I went years ago but I can’t say if it was good or bad. It wasn’t particularly memorable. At the time, Cuts and Slices was just a random pizzeria to me. They were still new, no internet hype, no oxtail slices.

Not a bad regular slice from Sunnyside Pizza in Queens. It’s on Queens Blvd, near Philomenas. I’ve been meaning to go but it’s such a small spot, barely a place to sit. But I passed by, it was empty, went for it. Sauce has some sweetness to it. Cheese is a little runny but not too much. Great taste and they put sesame seeds on the crust. Haven’t seen that in awhile. A nice little cop-n-go.

I was hoping I could cross out another pizza from “Queens By The Slice” but Sunnyside isn’t on there.

IMG_4156.jpeg

man im glad youre in this thread always

nice to have someone else actually from over here

you hitting pizza fest?

for anyone in town in chi, theres a fest saturday and sunday with some of the best pizza vendors we have

its 95 bucks and you get unlimited drinks and 10 slices of pizza. i havent been yet but im intrigued
Won't be at the fest this year 😕. Currently in Canada.

Pizzeria owner had enough of Portnoy

HOLY CRAP!! 🤯

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, yeah, Portnoy is a scumbag in his personal life. But there is no denying what he's done for small businesses around the country. $50M is INCREDIBLE!! And the small spots he's saved with a good review is AMAZING. Hell, I wouldn't have found my favorite NJ spot without the YT video of it.

Owner messed up BIG TIME!!! The whole topping the pie with Parm is a delicate touch. Too much and you can't taste the actual pizza. And yeah, that was a soupy mess. I'd be ticked if I bought that and couldn't even hold a slice without it falling apart. Dude's Yelp page is BLOWING UP and not in a good way (this too is wrong). Cringy video (that people will say is a classic already). Just bad all around.

Back
Top Bottom