***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm still trying to clarify this. Will there be a monthly payment or is the credit when I file my 2021 taxes?

Yeah so the current credit prior to this bill is $2,000 and was just claimed as credit on your return. This bill made it so that if your child is older than 6, you will get a $3K credit instead $2K, if the child is less than 6 you will get $3,600 instead of $2K and that is per qualifying child. Half of the $3K or $3,600 will be paid out monthly from July to December from what I understand. The other half will be used as a credit on your federal tax return that you file for 2021. So if you have 3 kids under 6, you will get $900 a month from July through December and then a total credit of $5,400 to use on your return.

Hope that makes sense

bh3so863egm61.jpg

Yeah so the current credit prior to this bill is $2,000 and was just claimed as credit on your return. This bill made it so that if your child is older than 6, you will get a $3K credit instead $2K, if the child is less than 6 you will get $3,600 instead of $2K and that is per qualifying child. Half of the $3K or $3,600 will be paid out monthly from July to December from what I understand. The other half will be used as a credit on your federal tax return that you file for 2021. So if you have 3 kids under 6, you will get $900 a month from July through December and then a total credit of $5,400 on your return.

Hope that makes sense
Holy. I have two kids under 6. Damn this is even better than I expected.

Holy. I have two kids under 6. Damn this is even better than I expected.

Yeah its pretty ridiculous. So in that case you are getting $600 monthly payments from July to December and a $3,600 credit to use on your return instead of the $4,000 that you would have gotten otherwise. The best part about it is its a tax credit so those monthly payments aren't taxable. I'm actually a little surprised by the ingenuity of it.

If they make this permanent this will be one of the largest working/middle class tax cut I can remember.

But y'all wont hear Delk being disingenuous about this tax cut like the Trump cuts because its not putting money in his pockets.

I should also note that if you make more than $75K filing Single or $150K filing jointly you will only qualify for the old credit of $2k. It's also a little crazy that these cuts are disproportionately going to the poor/middle class. Republicans would have you believe that's not possible.

Yeah its pretty ridiculous. So in that case you are getting $600 monthly payments from July to December and a $3,600 credit to use on your return instead of the $4,000 that you would have gotten otherwise. The best part about it is its a tax credit so those monthly payments aren't taxable. I'm actually a little surprised by the ingenuity of it.

If they make this permanent this will be one of the largest working/middle class tax cut I can remember.
Fozz Fozz calling his wife to tell her this news...

My secretary started crying when I broke down how much families would be getting in child assistance because it would really help her daughter out

Even temporary, this **** is gonna have a big impact on people's lives

I always maintain that condemning people to poverty is an act of violence. The fact we do it to so many children is extra vile.

This is nowhere near sufficient to fight poverty in America, but at least the country finally took another step in the right direction.

You think about paying that secretary better? At least throw him/her some UNC 3s

You think about paying that secretary better? At least throw him/her some UNC 3s
A lil while back changed her position in the system from Admin Assitant to Analyst (didn't change her responsibilities that much), which gave a decent bump

But little else I can do because she is blocked from certain positions because she doesn't have a bachelors degree

BTW, my secretary is not struggling, it is her adult daughter (which she helps) that is kinda jammed up. She cried because her daughter and grandkids were getting more help.

Last edited:
I filed my 2019 and 2020 taxes in early February. I know that was why I didn't get a 600$ check late last year, will they be sent together now? Couldn't really find any information

I filed my 2019 and 2020 taxes in early February. I know that was why I didn't get a 600$ check late last year, will they be sent together now? Couldn't really find any information

If you qualified you should have gotten the check if you didn't paper file. If you paper filed you are a Neanderthal and will probably get your checks in like 4 months because they IRS punishes people who don't use technology.

But you can check the status of the payment here if you electronically filed.

If you qualified you should have gotten the check if you didn't paper file. If you paper filed you are a Neanderthal and will probably get your checks in like 4 months because they IRS punishes people who don't use technology.

But you can check the status of the payment here if you electronically filed.

I'm not sure if I was clear or if this changes anything. I filed both tax years last month. 2019 was late, basically. Would it still have been sent already? Did me not filing 2019 until now delay anything? Guess I could have missed it

I'm not sure if I was clear or if this changes anything. I filed both tax years last month. 2019 was late, basically. Would it still have been sent already? Did me not filing 2019 until now delay anything? Guess I could have missed it

They should have used your 2018 tax return information if you had not filed your 2019 return so I don't think it should have mattered. If you didn't/wont get it and you would have qualified you can claim it as a credit on your 2020 return to get it, but will need to amend said return since you just filed it.

Back
Top Bottom