***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Nah just hill billies. Idk about Utah as much as Wyoming. The whole town of rawlins Wyoming is just bad vibes to me.

probably a lot of cults in Utah though. :lol:

there’s also cool spots in both places too.

I’m from mn though. I’m used to all that dumb ****. Mn is actually way more hateful than any place out west.

the other day in mn I saw a sign blaming Asians for Covid. I never saw anything close to that out west.

Come out rusty, we can go trout fishing and shred a side by side in the hills and find some wild 🐴

Lib retreat.

another thing going for Montana is jobs pay pretty well. Same with Wyoming. My boy who’s a cook moved out to Jackson hole and is making 60k to be a cook and lives on the resort for free.
Jackson Hole is a playground for rich Libs, not surprised folk caking outchea. What is funny I think the county Jackson Hole is in is actually the most unequal in the country because of how many rich folks live out there.

Brah, you are like the 50th white person that has invited me to do trout fishing with them. Coming to realize white folk love that ****. :lol:

I will take your invitation into consideration though. And that is a lot. Usually, when I get such an invitation, I am quick to hit folk with...
giphy.gif

It is wild to think, but Cuomo's ****ty covid response probably caused NY to lose that House seat, on top of all the needless deaths.
man, in the early stages of covid, I was his biggest fan all the way here in Cali. I was watching his press conference every morning. Thought we'd see him and Gavin Newsome as a future president.

That didnt age well.

Let’s be real, this is a problem coast to coast in America.
True, it can be said of nearly every state now

Thing is, in the mountain west, with all this weirdo Libertarian, don't tread on me, extremist Mormon, white supremacist sentiments folk got in rural areas, it really feels you are driving into a cult's headquarters when you go into some areas.

True, it can be said of nearly every state now

Thing is, in the mountain west, with all this weirdo Libertarian, don't tread on me, extremist Mormon, white supremacist sentiments folk got in rural areas, it really feels you are driving into a cult's headquarters when you go into some areas.

Go to northern NY and west of Albany. It’s the boonies out there if it’s not a place where people from nyc have vacation homes. Believe that.

What a disgusting, racist, and idiotic reframing of the beginning of this country

Sounding like some people who still call Zimbabwe "Rhodesia"

"There was nothing here when the Huguenots disembarked on the Cape of Good Hope"

It's not idiotic. It's very much intentional.

I've stopped treating them like they're too stupid to know history. They do know it, and everything that they are saying about it is an attempt to force American mythology (the American Dream) back into the public conscience.

yaknow the land the United States of America occupies is actually crazy diverse and beautiful, kinda makes me mad that I'll probably never see the Milky Way from a Dark Sky Park in the country's backwoods because I don't wanna end up in a tree.

1619479608939.png

1619479710676.png

[bright lights = no stars]

1619479874595.png

[red means stop]

a lot of cool place in the states if you can get over the politics.

my spot in sd is in a chill area. I did a lot of research. It’s not in the middle of no where, just in the woods 15 minutes from spearfish which is like sd lib area.

Related to Rick Santorum’s statement, it reminds me of two very distinct type of libertarians.

One type of libertarian is a racist who doesn’t want to acknowledge any sort of social bonds, let alone obligation towards non white people. That person comes to libertarianism because it says that social bonds aren’t real.

The other type of libertarian doesn’t like the idea of social bonds at all and they become racist over time when they encounter voices that tell them that due to a history of exploitation of non white peoples, white people have social bonds and obligations towards non white people.

The former can be distinguished from the latter by asking their views on the civil war. The latter will say that it’s good that chattel slavery ended because millions of enslaved people were trapped in a one sided and u breakable social bond. The former will talk about State’s rights and sectional economic disagreements but ultimately, they see the end of chattel slavery as bad because far more important than so called free markets or freedom of contract is hierarchy.

Rick Santorum’s origin story is perfect if you believe that your country and ultimately your own affluence sprang up out of nothing and now, for totally unexplained reasons, there’s all these losers conspiring, through the state, to seize some of your wealth. Then you make exceptions to your supposed libertarian philosophy, the preservation of your private property always takes precedent over the human rights of others. Viewed through that lens, it’s not contradictory at all for some guy, who inherited, his Dad’s construction company to stick both a thin blue line decal and a Gadsden flag decal on the back of his $70,000 pick up truck.

Back
Top Bottom