***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Meet, the petite bourgeoisie, the backbone of fascism.

The developments within the GOP over the last 70 years or so, make so much more sense when you realize that in the 1950’s, these parochial petty capitalist were junior partners with the urban grand capitalists, the old money types who can allocate capital into any sector or location where they can get the highest returns.

The last 70 years of internal GOP politics has been the story of these smaller, local capitalists gaining more and more power within the GOP. Trump’s nomination represented the total take over of the party by these smaller, land based capitalists.

With this in mind, there’s no chance the GOP returns to its more centrist past. People like Nancy Pelosi and most of the people in the national press corp can wish all they want for a return of Eisenhower Republicans but it isn’t happening. The material changes at the base of the GOP means that they can’t become a responsible political party ever again.

bengh.png

Zuck really down to see democracy destroyed as long as it is good for his bottom line

Asking for a friend. How do you create and monetize a troll farm on NT? It might be named “Roy Moore is the real victim…. of the cancel culture” I think it could do numbers…..

Someone actually sat behind a keyboard and wrote an article in a major newspaper advocating for keeping prisons open for the sole purpose of helping the local economy of a small town... apparently this isn't satire 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Some white people really can't keep their mouth shut. I'm sure his past articles include "how shutting down Japanese internment camps hurts local workers" or "how ending slavery will negatively impact vulnerable whites" 😂🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Hmmm...

I don't wanna be that guy but I think has better taste in women.

A former ABC executive producer has accused Chris Cuomo of sexually harassing her at a 2005 work party after he grabbed her butt in front of her husband and co-workers — and he later called it a “hearty greeting.”

I am sorry a “hearty greeting” is challenging Happy Ending for top colloquial terms that are not at all descriptive of what the **** actually happened.

Someone actually sat behind a keyboard and wrote an article in a major newspaper advocating for keeping prisons open for the sole purpose of helping the local economy of a small town... apparently this isn't satire 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Some white people really can't keep their mouth shut. I'm sure his past articles include "how shutting down Japanese internment camps hurts local workers" or "how ending slavery will negatively impact vulnerable whites" 😂🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Same argument made for keeping slave labor

Hmmm...

I don't wanna be that guy but I think has better taste in women.

I always want to believe accusers and give them the benefit of the doubt but the timing of some of these accusations is always interesting to me. This happened 16 years ago but she waits until after his brother is accused before coming out with this? It's not like there was a power inbalance where he was a superior or something. Not to mention her husband was right there. 🤦🏿‍♂️

It's the same thing with other politicians, the moment they run for office all of a sudden accusers from 20 years ago come out of the woodwork. Why?!

I don't understand the motive behind this accusation. It happended 16 years ago in front of her husband. Chris apologized in an email to her after she was no longer his boss. Is she trying to press charges or what?
I think being disgusted by the guy walking around wearing a “Truth” shirt and serving as an advisor to his brother, the sexual harasser probably led us here.

I always want to believe accusers and give them the benefit of the doubt but the timing of some of these accusations is always interesting to me. This happened 16 years ago but she waits until after his brother is accused before coming out with this? It's not like there was a power inbalance where he was a superior or something. Not to mention her husband was right there. 🤦🏿‍♂️

It's the same thing with other politicians, the moment they run for office all of a sudden accusers from 20 years ago come out of the woodwork. Why?!
Y’all should read her NYT article where she talks about the incident and provides the email he sent to her right after.

I think being disgusted by the guy walking around wearing a “Truth” shirt and serving as an advisor to his brother, the sexual harasser probably led us here.
But again, what's the desired outcome? Is she looking to press charges or what? Otherwise, why bring it up?

Back
Top Bottom