***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Idk … it’s like one version implied “I want to help you” and the other version implies “**** you”…. The sentiments contradict each other. Usually it’s the Republicans who pitch “we help you by ****ing you”.

So now the actual policies are different but the sentiments are the issue.

All year Joe Biden has been trying to help people. Mans said this was gonna be the last extension from the jump, where was the outrage then? The only thing that would have stopped that was if Covid crashed the economy again. Which hasn't happened. In fact, we are growing much faster than expected.

Pausing the loans is not an alternative to loan forgiveness. Some on the left are trying to act like it is but it really isn't. If inflation is the argument then what, people are this pissed because he doesn't push it back to fall 2022?

This just seems like some progressives want this to be the "I told you so" moment with Biden. So **** everything else besides hammer that point

Last edited:
I know people like Manchin and Sinema operate in bad faith and just play games and bs. And progressives feel like they’re not being taken seriously and that they have minimal say in things.

But the end game to change that is ultimately progressives need to win more seats and get more representation to where their presence holds more weight. Now how they accomplish that, be it running more appealing candidates and finding ways to win races while beating more moderate Dems and whoever the conservative opponent may be, I don’t got the answers to that one

While I am sure that a lot of them are bots, I have seen a lot of centrists on Twitter passionately arguing against any student debt relief. You look at there post history and they mostly are posting about how awful anyone in favor of student debt relief is and how sacred contracts are. And you just know a few of them workin or have a spouse who works in private equity or venture capital

On here, I see liberals who don’t necessarily defend Biden and the Democratic Party but contextualize what they do and do not do by pointing out the broader structural impediments standing in the way of progressive policy outcomes.

Meanwhile, these online centrists see America as infallible so if Biden or the Democrats can’t do something, like provide student debt relief, then providing student debt relief is not worthwhile and in fact, it’s a bad thing.

The right flank of the Democratic Party has convinced itself that social workers, teachers, adjunct professors, lower level civil servants, and college graduates forced to work in retail and warehouses and restaurants, constitute a greedy, money grubbing elite. These “moderates” have a down right Nixonian world view.

Considering GOP voter suppression, the Democratic Party kind of had to appeal to affluent suburbanites but damn, what a poisoned chalice they are. We got a bunch of 40 something, fleece vest wearing Spiro Agnews under the big tent right now.

I know people like Manchin and Sinema operate in bad faith and just play games and bs. And progressives feel like they’re not being taken seriously and that they have minimal say in things.

But the end game to change that is ultimately progressives need to win more seats and get more representation to where their presence holds more weight. Now how they accomplish that, be it running more appealing candidates and finding ways to win races while beating more moderate Dems and whoever the conservative opponent may be, I don’t got the answers to that one

have you seen what the GOP is doing across the country to lock in minority control?

Seriously, Nancy Nancy needs to let the chopper sing on these deplorables. Kick them out of congress if they keep pulling these stunts that come from their hometown KKK rallies. No other institution in the world, public or private, would let this **** fly.

Maybe Ilhan and Alexandria need to just start suing them for libel and slander. Isnt that what Trump threatened the press with? How the turn tables...

mwnayvvzqm581.jpg

They're everywhere down there. Especially at racist political events.

having gone to high school and college in Florida, in the north and south

haven’t seen many of em

but have seen a ton of basically jcrew catalogs preppies.. button up shirts with rolled up sleeves, khakis (actual pants or shorts) with boat shoes and ties with unbuttoned top collar and buttoned down collars

having gone to high school and college in Florida, in the north and south

haven’t seen many of em

but have seen a ton of basically jcrew catalogs preppies.. button up shirts with rolled up sleeves, khakis (actual pants or shorts) with boat shoes and ties with unbuttoned top collar and buttoned down collars
Im shocked. Living in the northern part of Florida in my early days during the 90s and early 00s, they were everywhere. Endless amounts of preppy kids too, yeah, but "cowboys" all over also.

Back
Top Bottom