***Official Political Discussion Thread***

francis.png

I hate what Manchin is doing, but at this point, they just need to get something done.

So write the bill just like Manchin wants it, and hope for the best

He will probably kill it though

Centrist in the House that got ****ed over and are running in swing district are ready to abandon BBB altogether to get something done they can run on,

Uhhhh, can we prepare another bill too with those things in it?

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford or anyone else who knows. Why can’t the pick apart bbb and start working on the key things we want ASAP?

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford or anyone else who knows. Why can’t the pick apart bbb and start working on the key things we want ASAP?
It won't matter Manchin doesn't like certain things and he said he won't vote for them

The only long shot chance the Dems have is if they keep the House and win two more seats in the Senate. Then next year they will have two budget reconciliation bills to work with and we could get some more stuff

So, they need a political miracle

The likelihood of some of this passing is still the same imo.

There's already a standalone CTC bill that Romney is involved in. No idea if that would pass either though

The likelihood of some of this passing is still the same imo.

There's already a standalone CTC bill that Romney is involved in. No idea if that would pass either though
Romney said that under no circumstance would he agree to any tax increases to fund it

Except if it is changing SALT to hurt wealthy blue-state dwellers, which means dozens of centrist Dems in those states will be opposed

So I don't know how willing the dude is willing to compromise.

Last edited:
I hate what Manchin is doing, but at this point, they just need to get something done.

So write the bill just like Manchin wants it, and hope for the best

He will probably kill it though

Centrist in the House that got ****ed over and are running in swing district are ready to abandon BBB altogether to get something done they can run on,

This sounds a lot like accepting watered-down legislation as better than no legislation.

The interesting thing about Carlson is not that he is saying it: I would even say that he has a point considering what the US did when Russia wanted to install their weapon systems in Cuba during the cold war.

The interesting thing is that nobody will question his patriotism, his Americaness, and his commitment to American allies and American interests after having heard such things come out of his mouth.

Now, let the Russian perspective come out of the mouth of a liberal pundit, and the "Patriots" will come out on some "see? These are nothing but Soviet sympathizers!" ****.

How do you not want the GOP to constantly manipulate the terms of public discourse when their characterizations of entities and events are never challenged?

Back
Top Bottom