***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So happy I don't spend my money to read struggle Mathew Yglesias substack takes

Like this contrarian clown has completely bought the right's argument that they are targeting black voters not for any racist motives, it is all colorblind partisanship...

FJfG5HuWQAACbmD

Calm down black people. Be nicer to the people trying to suppress your vote. Can't you see that is the best way froward.

Last edited:

its obviously not the person whos upset that he cant force his morality on other people

teaching morality through the bible = uh uh, church and state
teaching morality through a book HE approves = yeah, that's fine

"give their kids covid", give me a ****ing break, we're all "giving" each other covid in some way, a lot of us just prefer the syringe kind

not surprised to see people echoing this nonsense

its obviously not the person whos upset that he cant force his morality on other people

"give their kids covid", give me a ****ing break, we're all "giving" each other covid in some way, a lot of us just prefer the syringe kind

Oh brother here comes this guy again :rofl:

giphy.gif

We gotta find a way to had a flaming hot take filter to NT

Don't laws "force morality on people?"

We can outlaw racial discrimination, but not teach students about racism?
We can outlaw murder, but not teach students about genocide?

The separation of church and state functions to protect religious freedom.

Were schools to favor or promote the views of certain religions at the expense of others, religious freedom would be constrained - not enhanced.

mRNA vaccines cannot "give people COVID." They do not contain the virus.

Want a reason to pull your hair out? Read this article regarding Dems and Dem leaning independents that voted for Susan Collins...

Bean, a retired hospital executive who has lived in Maine all his life, wants to see major Democratic initiatives such as Build Back Better succeed. Yet he said he considered Gideon a dedicated partisan who only would have added to the divide; Collins, in bringing along other Republicans, will help to get things done. He questioned why Biden didn’t follow the example of Bill Clinton, who in a bipartisan gesture hired Collins’s mentor, former Senator Bill Cohen, to serve in his cabinet. “Why can’t Biden do some of that outreach?” Bean asked. “Talk to the senators on the other side who might be willing to make a deal?”

This kind of thinking helps explain why the Kavanaugh vote failed to pull away the kinds of moderates who, in the Trump era, have been (mostly) reliable votes for Democrats. Lynch, a supporter of abortion rights, told me she was impressed by Collins’s conduct during the 2018 hearings—meeting with dozens of advocates from both sides, reading reams of documents, and calling for the FBI to investigate Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations against the judge. It was the evenhandedness that mattered, even more than the result. “I probably would have respected her vote either way, because of the due diligence she had done,” Lynch said of Collins. “That’s what I want to see from a senator.”

Since joining the Supreme Court, Kavanaugh has signaled that he is willing to overturn or limit Roe v. Wade in a decision due in June—seemingly reneging on his assurances to Collins that the precedent is “settled law.” So far, Collins has declined to comment on Kavanaugh’s remarks, during oral arguments on a Mississippi abortion law this December, that “if you think about some of the most important cases, some of the most consequential cases in this Court’s history, there’s a string of them where the cases overruled precedent.” In our conversations, Collins’s supporters told me it was too early to tell what Kavanaugh’s legacy on the Court would be.

Meanwhile, despite the Capitol attacks on January 6 and what has followed, Lynch and others interviewed for this story don’t agree that the Republican Party’s drift toward authoritarianism—denying the 2020 results, passing strict voter-suppression laws, subverting local control of elections—demands exceptional measures from Democrats and independents. “I don’t think it’s a time of crisis,” Lynch told me. “We have had far greater crises in this country. I’m naive; I still think that if we can reach across the aisle and understand each other, we can come to compromise and move forward.”
Bruh :smh: :lol: Kill me now

Back
Top Bottom