***Official Political Discussion Thread***

79hv03k1afe81.jpg

Peterson is what dumb people think smart people sound like and it’s not a party connected thing. It’s just what dumb people think. It’s the Dennis Miller effect. Word salads said confidently and acted upon as if they make perfect sense to everyone but the listener. When reality is it’s a bunch of words strung along most of them being adjectives or not used in their proper context. Basically they are saying meaningless things. Which both allows people to feel smart to support them and ignore any nonsense they say that they don’t agree with. They are pick and choose philosophers. Michael Eric Dyson does this… especially in his books.

Joe Rogan is the leader of people who don’t even like people smarter than them (because they think that means they are scheming to get there stuff or even worst trying to contribute to society) and prefer the advice of people they would like to drink a beer with or eat a meal with. People who follow him are easily peered pressured into bad decisions and untrusting of the government because the government might be ran by people smarter than them (aka schemers). The left doesn’t really have this type of person, but the left is a lot more diverse so it’s harder to have a mental empty vessel like Rogan gain a massive following. I can’t think of anyone whose operated in this space outside of maybe Church leaders.

Shapiro is just a white conservative version of Dr. Umar. Their appeal is they say things that support a certain (usually ethnic based) perspective. They don’t come off as smart, just opinionated and their followers like their opinions. These types regularly get ****ted on by smarter more sane people but it doesn’t matter because people watch them for their opinions.

With that said all three of these idiots are modern public intellectuals and it’s a major reason why everything seems dumb downed.

I think you are totally over analyzing this and underestimating normie engagement with these things.

imo you underestimate the amount of normie people for whom

- Jordan Peterson is a guy wrote a self help book telling young men to clean their rooms and dress nice.
- Joe Rogan is an MMA commentator who has fun interview clips with Neil Degrasse Tyson annd Jamie Foxx
- Ben Shapiro is a guy who makes fun of liberals in facebook news feed videos.

most people aren't on twitter, and aren't really keyed in to the meta commentary about these guys,
and their relationship with them this is purley surface.

maybe they are "leading" their smaller percentage of hardcore super fans.
but you don't get that popular without regular *** people liking you in an uncomplicated surface level way.

My 2017 take on Joe Rogan. It's funny to see everyone writing articles now asking "What happened to Joe Rogan and his podcast?" when the JRE has ALWAYS been like this. Crazy it took people this long to notice.
The funniest thing about some Joe Rogan defenders is that they put so much energy into arguing that people take their criticisms of Rogan too far

But also have to constantly admit that Joe that something Joe did is bad really bad

And then circle back to taking objection to harsh criticisms of Rogan

I see after a year of lecturing and talking down to people in this thread about Joe Manchin, and at the end of it Manchin being worse than he predicted

Osh now sees the SCOTUS confirmation as an opportunity as an opening to troll about Manchin

Treating like a game, as usual

you can be dissapointed Joe Manchin isn't more left wing

and also be happy he's there for judges.

if this is a contrarian take I apologize in advance. :lol:
I argued it was important to have Manchin for judges. You would know, you repped some of my posts. But I managed not to troll people while doing it

Dude, you are basically another Delk in here now

Softening your rhetoric after Manchin does something ****** up, then using another event to start back up with your usual schtick

But don't me spoil your fun. Proceed

I argued it was important to have Manchin for judges. You would know, you repped some of my posts. But I managed not to troll people while doing it

Dude, you are basically another Delk in here now

Softening your rhetoric after Manchin does something ****ed up, then using another event to start back up with your usual schtick

But don't me spoil your fun. Proceed

chill man I didn't say you don't know that it's important obviously you do,

If i remember right other people in this thread were talking about kicking manchin out of the party
you correctly told them it was dumb

i was talking about me
I was wrong about manchin being more left wing
but im happy for the judges.

the manchin memes are meant in a light hearted spirit.

I think you are totally over analyzing this and underestimating normie engagement with these things.

imo you underestimate the amount of normie people for whom

- Jordan Peterson is a guy wrote a self help book telling young men to clean their rooms and dress nice.
- Joe Rogan is an MMA commentator who has fun interview clips with Neil Degrasse Tyson annd Jamie Foxx
- Ben Shapiro is a guy who makes fun of liberals in facebook news feed videos.

most people aren't on twitter, and aren't really keyed in to the meta commentary about these guys,
and their relationship with them this is purley surface.

maybe they are "leading" their smaller percentage of hardcore super fans.
but you don't get that popular without regular *** people liking you in an uncomplicated surface level way.
I was talking about their supporters. I don’t think I said they were mainstream “characters”well Rogan is but look at who I compared the other two too. Also yes they pass for public intellectuals. Anyone who can make a living talking about their ideas and views and aren’t employed by a communication company to do so around commercial breaks count.

To be fair 90% of the debates we have in this thread aren’t for normal people. Normal people avoid politics and the news because they make them feel bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom