***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It finna be a hot winter night in Quebec...
tumblr_ms0c3oxj7w1rnzpwso1_250.gifv

His delivery was cringe, and it comes off as taking a general wipe at black men, which I don't like, even though it seems that wasn't his intention.

But I agree the general point regarding interracial marriage

I think dudes that have problems with black women with white husbands sound dumb to me as well most of the time

The ones that don't I feel don't put forward solid arguments against it

Last edited:
His delivery was cringe, and it comes off as taking a general wipe at black men, which I don't like, even though it seems that wasn't his intention.

But I agree the general point regarding interracial marriage

I think dudes that have problems with black women with white husbands sound dumb to me as well most of the time

The ones that don't I feel don't put forward solid arguments against it
I jokingly talk bad about any black person with a white person but it's not like I haven't been with white women
It only really bothers me when they look to assign blame to other black people for something that requires no blame
And then compares us to white people with the implication that this 1 white person was preferable to every black person
It's a surprisingly popular defense and lets you know who is just looking to escape blackness

I jokingly talk bad about any black person with a white person but it's not like I haven't been with white women
It only really bothers me when they look to assign blame to other black people for something that requires no blame
And then compares us to white people with the implication that this 1 white person was preferable to every black person
It's a surprisingly popular defense and lets you know who is just looking to escape blackness
I agree, I hate the goofiness that some people in an interracial relationship do when they use their relationship as an excuse to take swipes at other black people. Like somehow all other potential black mates are beneath them.

I know a lot of people, men and women, in interracial marriages and don't engage in that foolish rhetoric. So I know it is not a given

I have an issue when people cross that line

But someone simply being in an interracial relationship, that fact alone, doesn't bother me at all

Life is short, people should be able to love who they want to love

The only interracial relationship I have an issue with is Asian Woman x White Man because I'm tired of constantly being subjected to that pairing. Be original dammit! Try dating another race for once! Or your own!

community-hairflip.gif

Damn, even these paleo conservatives kinda ppl are recognizing the propaganda :lol:

Greenwald may be Putin’s best asset.

Eh...

An interracial couple being treated exactly the same as a same race couple in a world / country where racism has existed for hundreds of years?

Nope.

Sorta like walking in the rain and complaining about getting wet.

As long as the social / legal construct of race exists - so too will its many manifestations.

Should people be able to love who they love? Of course...but they'd better be willing to take everything that comes along with it.

Not long ago it was a death sentence.

I'm sure if we go back a few hundred years before race existed there were some members of the Cave Bear Tribe that looked down upon Lil Running River for messing with that girl from the Lone Wolf Clan. Romeo & Juliet...same old same.

Tribalism seems to just be a part of the human condition.

Women being tasked with passing along the culture to the children and such...

Makes sense to me from that standpoint.

At its core its simply survival of the group.

My seeds, grow with his seeds, marry his seeds - that's how we keep Wu-Tang money all up in the family.

One of the left’s Jordan Peterson… just out here talking nonsense and people pick and choose what parts they want to emphasize and what parts they want to ignore.

Super Cringe.

Both using big words & saying a whole lot of nothing.

Eh...

An interracial couple being treated exactly the same as a same race couple in a world / country where racism has existed for hundreds of years?

Nope.

Sorta like walking in the rain and complaining about getting wet.

As long as the social / legal construct of race exists - so too will its many manifestations.

Should people be able to love who they love? Of course...but they'd better be willing to take everything that comes along with it.

Not long ago it was a death sentence.

I'm sure if we go back a few hundred years before race existed there were some members of the Cave Bear Tribe that looked down upon Lil Running River for messing with that girl from the Lone Wolf Clan. Romeo & Juliet...same old same.

Tribalism seems to just be a part of the human condition.

Women being tasked with passing along the culture to the children and such...

Makes sense to me from that standpoint.

At its core its simply survival of the group.

My seeds, grow with his seeds, marry his seeds - that's how we keep Wu-Tang money all up in the family.
I really don't know what you are trying to say here

My thing is a lot of the criticism of interracial marriage are bad. Sure couples have to deal with them, but that doesn't give credence to the arguments against it

My thing is a lot of the criticism of interracial marriage are bad. Sure couples have to deal with them, but that doesn't give credence to the arguments against it

The "credence" (the belief in or acceptance of something as true) of the arguments against Interracial Marriage comes from the "belief in or acceptance" of Race itself.

If Race didn't exist there would be no Interracial Marriage to argue for or against.

The problem here is Race itself.

Not critiquing interracial marriage. I have dated women of all shades and shapes and will continue to do so until someone locks me down. I just think Dyson uses a lot of word salad and cultural bird whistles to seem hyper intelligent and in touch with a complicated issue that is more of a debate than a monologue. Also just like Jordan Peterson he will monetize this issue if he see’s a market for it with books and speeches and YouTube videos.. It’s a style critique not a content one…. Well mostly

With that said I think he is missing the point of successful black women dating men who are not black . I say this as someone who is in that dating pool of high earning black men (in relations to my Race/Gender) and date those women myself . Dark skinned black women are loved and pursued just like light skin women and vice versa based on gender at most economic levels. The real critique is the lack of black men in general at the higher economic level where the majority of black women are who are more likely to participate in interracial dating and having interracial marriages. There isn’t a rejection by either side, just a lack of access and economic compatibility of the majority of Black men with high economic earning black women. Look at Kamala Harris.

The issue (if you think there is one) is more black men don’t have financially viable jobs to realistically approach that group of women unless those women settle for relationships where they will be the breadwinners. Honestly something some will do, some will find black men who can match financially, some will marry men who can match them and don’t focus in race. It’s not color based, it’s financial compatibility.

It’s a issue that he is catering to one side (black women) but it’s a painful issue for everyone involved. Is he looking to profit off of it as a public intellectual? We’ll see if he writes a book about it. That video is a swipe at black men, he’s done it often when intergender issues arise. The black men who critique these relationships are a drop compared to the whole. Just like black women who critique black men who date or marry nonblack women. Most people are too busy to care. However it is a REAL issue in relations to love and relationships among black people that very few people can discuss without being provoked into blaming the other side.

With that said watch what I think is one of the greatest conversations ever recorded.

Baldwin (the actual scholar) points to this same issue in the 70’s and how economic viability and the system of oppression that is much more focused on black men than anyone else has the side effect of breaking up relationships between black men and black women. Basically damn near every issue we are dealing with now has existed since American Apartheid was put in place. It just takes on different aspects but leads to the same conclusions. On all economic levels too. Which of course is a problem because America through its tax code helps people create wealth through marriage and having children.

To summarize Dyson is taking a very complicated, systemic racism issue and making a 1 minute attack video on black men for clicks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom