***Official Political Discussion Thread***

He's going to have a good chance at winning his race. His signs are everywhere and he's building name recognition in a safe Republican district by connecting himself with Trump. I dont think the Dems are even trying for this race based on what I've seen.

-Richardson didn't get to go to the Olympics because of the timing of her offense. If she smoked earlier in the year, she would have been able to go to the Olympics. Their aim wasn't ban her from the Olympics for weed, they gave her the slap on the risk punishment for weed use, which unfortunately coincided with the Olympics.

-Richardson lives in the country that takes doping the most seriously, and Russian girl lives in the country that takes it the least. I mean there is state-sponsored doping in Russia.

-If the figure skater was an American, and got popped before the Olympics, she probably would not have been sent.

-Richardson is an adult, the Russian girl in a minor. So the reasoning is Richardson has control over what goes in her body. The Russian girl might not.

Her being a minor is why the Court of Arbitration allowed her to compete....

https://sports.yahoo.com/ioc-will-not-hold-ceremonies-if-kamila-valieva-wins-medal-121012747.html

The Court of Arbitration for Sport has ruled that Valieva is permitted to participate in the competition despite the fact that she tested positive for the banned substance trimetazidine in a sample taken on Dec. 25, 2021. The CAS indicated that its decision was procedural rather than judgmental, and offered no opinion on whether Valieva violated anti-doping rules. The CAS cited several factors for its decision, most notably that the 15-year-old Valieva is a "protected person," which essentially means she's too young to fully understand what substances she might be taking.

Seems like the IOC would prefer her not to be there either. They wanted her to be suspended and out of the games. They are not even holding medal ceremonies for the events she competes in, because they might have to strip her of the medals (she still might get a retroactive ban) in a few months and don't want to be embarrassed.

Richardson admitted to smoking weed and is an adult. There is no way the CAS would rule in her favor.

If US Figure Skating let one of their athletes go to the games after failing a test. Then sure, I think that would be clear hyprocisy. But this case has a ton of nuance to it that makes comparing the too bad IMO.

Even though I agree about the general point about black athletes getting worse treatment

-Richardson didn't get to go to the Olympics because of the timing of her offense. If she smoked earlier in the year, she would have been able to go to the Olympics. Their aim wasn't ban her from the Olympics for weed, they gave her the slap on the risk punishment for weed use, which unfortunately coincided with the Olympics.

-Richardson lives in the country that takes doping the most seriously, and Russian girl lives in the country that takes it the least. I mean there is state-sponsored doping in Russia.

-If the figure skater was an American, and got popped before the Olympics, she probably would not have been sent.

-Richardson is an adult, the Russian girl in a minor. So the reasoning is Richardson has control over what goes in her body. The Russian girl might not.

Her being a minor is why the Court of Arbitration allowed her to compete....

https://sports.yahoo.com/ioc-will-not-hold-ceremonies-if-kamila-valieva-wins-medal-121012747.html

Seems like the IOC would prefer her not to be there either. They wanted her to be suspended and out of the games. They are not even holding medal ceremonies for the events she competes in, because they might have to strip her of the medals (she still might get a retroactive ban) in a few months and don't want to be embarrassed.

Richardson admitted to smoking weed and is an adult. There is no way the CAS would rule in her favor.

If US Figure Skating let one of their athletes go to the games after failing a test. Then sure, I think that would be clear hyprocisy. But this case has a ton of nuance to it that makes comparing the too bad IMO.

Even though I agree about the general point about black athletes getting worse treatment

My only issue with all of this aside of the racial topic is that it would still suck for the other competitors to compete against someone who was on PED's.

And IOC needs to dig deep with their investigation. Something tells me this isn't their first time doing this.

Yeah, it does suck. They aren't gonna have medal ceremonies for the events she competes in

Imagine going against her, getting silver. Then in months' time, they award you the gold.

And you knowing that if she wasn't there your Olympic experience would have been probably 100X times better.

If they find out that the adults around her help her dope, pressured her to do it, or drugged her unknowingly, there needs to be lifetime bans from International events

Sha'carri not going was a blessing in disguise

photopic_S.jpg

With the Chappelle news making people more aware of NIMBYISM, great time for folks to get deeper into the subject.

Lots of great info in that video.

Dudes need to wake up to the ways NIMBY sabotage the housing market and make things worse for everyone. Don't fall for their arguments

If me and Osh can see eye to eye on this, so can you.

Me an osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh discussing how progressives and centrists affect elections, and cultural issues....

mcihael-jackson-beat-it.gif

Me and Osh discussing housing economics...

EZr3p6_U0AIT1Ds.jpg

Last edited:

With the Chappelle news making people more aware of NIMBYISM, great time for folks to get deeper into the subject.

Lots of great info in that video.

Dudes need to wake up to the ways NIMBY sabotage the housing market and make things worse for everyone. Don't fall for their arguments

If me and Osh can see eye to eye on this, so can you.

Me an osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh discussing how progressives and centrists affect elections, and cultural issues....

mcihael-jackson-beat-it.gif

Me and Osh discussing housing economics...

EZr3p6_U0AIT1Ds.jpg

METHHHHHH

Mazars said **** this 😂

I’m really curious what accounting firm is going to be willing to sign their name on future financial statements.
I would be very shocked if Trump or any of his privately held companies have been audited at any point in the last… let’s call or 30 years. I’m sure he just gets a compilation.

That said, if I’m wrong than someone needs to go double check how much E&O they’re insured for…

I would be very shocked if Trump or any of his privately held companies have been audited at any point in the last… let’s call or 30 years. I’m sure he just gets a compilation.

That said, if I’m wrong than someone needs to go double check how much E&O they’re insured for…

I don’t know I work for a top 10 firm and we actually do audits of private companies pretty frequently and annually for many.

Granted I work on the tax side so it’s different and my clients are all SEC. But I have plenty of friends in the commercial audit side at work who work on them.

-Richardson lives in the country that takes doping the most seriously
Most of what you said is fair - but :lol: at that.

It may not be state sponsored but it was clearly covered up in the USA - the track and field trials are conveniently held just far enough in advance to ensure a negative test at the games.

Back
Top Bottom