***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1645041122105.png

forgive me Dr Umar, for I have sinned.

I have no idea if Eric Adams will be a good mayor,
has some problematic ideas and may be mildly corrupt so if I had to guess id probably lean no,

but I hope he never leaves public life,
like I said he's a 24/7 comedy

but the people baffled by his popularity also make me laugh.
a real "two americas" situation

RICHMOND, VA — Gov. Glenn Youngkin signed a bill Wednesday afternoon at the State Capitol in Richmond that provides a parental opt-out from school mask mandates in school districts, after the legislation cleared both the Virginia Senate and House over the last week.

Youngkin added an emergency clause to the bill, setting March 1 as the effective date that all school districts in the state must comply with the law. Most bills, after they are signed by the governor, have a July 1 effective date.
The modified version of the bill passed the House of Delegates earlier Wednesday after clearing the Senate on Tuesday night. A majority vote in the state Senate and House was required to approve the governor's emergency clause.

School districts will still be allowed to require teachers and staff to wear masks inside schools.

At the signing ceremony on the steps of the Capitol, Youngkin said children have suffered learning and relationship losses from mask mandates in Virginia's public schools. He said it is time to give parents the right to make the decision on whether their children will wear masks in schools.

:smh:

RICHMOND, VA — Gov. Glenn Youngkin signed a bill Wednesday afternoon at the State Capitol in Richmond that provides a parental opt-out from school mask mandates in school districts, after the legislation cleared both the Virginia Senate and House over the last week.

Youngkin added an emergency clause to the bill, setting March 1 as the effective date that all school districts in the state must comply with the law. Most bills, after they are signed by the governor, have a July 1 effective date.
The modified version of the bill passed the House of Delegates earlier Wednesday after clearing the Senate on Tuesday night. A majority vote in the state Senate and House was required to approve the governor's emergency clause.

School districts will still be allowed to require teachers and staff to wear masks inside schools.

At the signing ceremony on the steps of the Capitol, Youngkin said children have suffered learning and relationship losses from mask mandates in Virginia's public schools. He said it is time to give parents the right to make the decision on whether their children will wear masks in schools.

:smh:

im confused, what's the problem with this?

I gotta give it to NY Dems. They drew insanely gerrymandered maps, looked at it, and said "**** it, let us take two more seats"

All this could have been avoided if the GOP had taken up the Dem on their proposal to end gerrymandering. The same one they have been offering for over a decade

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom