***Official Political Discussion Thread***

once we got Biden we already knew what time it was. Dude is out here thanking mitch McConnell for his service. We got to get someone else in the next 3 years.

If dems really can’t capitalize now, the tiny bit of hope I got left is gone

The US is going be a shh show for at least a decade

And republicans willing to let the whole thing burn as long as certain people get to hold the matches

Can’t wait to see when Hillary is back in for hearings
Dude the Dems are probably gonna take big losses in the midterms.

That is usual for the incumbent party. Biden and the Dems has somethings working against them that is out of their control.

Dems voters need to show up to do as much as they can and hopefully keep the Senate

And I don't have much hope. The Dems, and the left generally need a run of luck for things to not get too bad.

But things being near hopeless is still not a reason for people to just give up and let a fascist party completely takeover.

If things get all the way bad, then people will need to focus on helping those getting the worse of it.

I understand the frustration, but I enjoy rights today because people didn't give up when things looked hopeless. Most never got to enjoy them either.

Giving up just seems like the easy way out, and a betrayal of people I swear I care about

once we got Biden we already knew what time it was. Dude is out here thanking mitch McConnell for his service. We got to get someone else in the next 3 years.
Please stop with these trash ******* takes

Bernie won't be doing any better right now

And if Biden wasn't on the ballot, Trump is probably still the president

Yeah I'm def in the camp that I don't want things to willingly get worse but it seems we're headed that way anyways buuuut that won't stop me from being a participant in preventing worst case scenario as much as possible. If it's going to **** let's at least slow the train down some.

There's just way too many other ppl who will feel the brunt of this like RustyShackleford RustyShackleford said for me to shrug it off

Please stop with these trash ****ing takes

Bernie won't be doing any better right now

And if Biden wasn't on the ballot, Trump is probably still the president

Nah, that’s a slap in the face to everyone who was forced to vote for him. I never liked him and that just crossed the line when he said that. Mf is thanking one of the main reasons we got a minority rule.

Nah, that’s a slap in the face to everyone who was forced to vote for him. I never liked him and that just crossed the line when he said that. Mf is thanking one of the main reasons we got a minority rule.
This reeks of entitlement. Joe Biden won a democratic primary. You were not forced. You were asked to pick better Biden and Trump, and you chose the better option

I didn't vote for the dude during the primary. But I didn't feel like I was forced to vote for him in the general. I am an adult, a Democrat, a progressive, and a rational person with two options put in front of him. I was asked to see Biden as the better choice, and I did.

Our minority rule thing makes no damn political sense. I didn't like his comments about Mitch, they pissed me off, but that has nothing to do with how the GOP is locking in minority rule

Joe Biden's nomination helped save America from a 2nd Trump presidency. So he has clearly been a force for good

Last edited:
This reeks of entitlement. Joe Biden won a democratic primary. You were not forced. You were asked to pick better Biden and Trump, and you chose the better option

Our minority rule thing makes no damn political sense. I didn't like his comments about Mitch, they pissed me off, but that has nothing to do with how the GOP is locking in minority rule

Joe Biden's nomination helped save America from a 2nd Trump presidency. So he has clearly been a force for good

Potato 🥔 🍅 B. Our President Emeritus was da force for good. Deep down I know you loved him and that yoy are proud of him.

I didn't vote for the dude during the primary. But I didn't feel like I was forced to vote for him in the general. I am an adult, a Democrat, a progressive, and a rational person with two options put in front of him. I was asked to see Biden as the better choice, and I did.

I had 3 choices, trump, Kanye or Biden. That’s damn near forced.

Yeah I could have sat out like I used to before you convinced me to vote.

I don’t think Biden is it and apparently most the country doesn’t either. He inspires zero confidence that this place won’t be totally ****** in the future.

I had 3 choices, trump, Kanye or Biden. That’s damn near forced.

Yeah I could have sat out like I used to before you convinced me to vote.

I don’t think Biden is it and apparently most the country doesn’t either. He inspires zero confidence that this place won’t be totally ****ed in the future.
Dude, you know what

No one forced you to do ****. There was a primary too.

I'm sorry I ever tried with you, do whatever the **** you want going forward

I'm tired of trying to convince a white person to put their feelings aside and care about the material conditions of people he swears he cares about

Do whatever the **** you feel like, stay your *** at home if you want, I really don't give a **** anymore

Last edited:
RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

I voted in the primary.

Calm down man, I don’t like biden. Get over it. If you like him great.

I never said I was going to go vote trump or desantis next round.

Paint me as some dumb white guy who only cares about himself if you want or it makes you feel better. Whatever man.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

I voted in the primary.

Calm down man, I don’t like biden. Get over it. If you like him great.

I never said I was going to go vote trump or desantis next round.

Paint me as some dumb white guy who only cares about himself if you want or it makes you feel better. Whatever man.
It is not about me liking Biden.

Anyone that paid attention to my post during primary knows I am not a fan of dude

I am just challenging bad political takes which only seem to amount to "I feel personally slighted"

Either way

Do whatever the **** you want that makes you happy. Vote, don't vote, vote GOP. I don't care

It is not about me liking Biden.

Anyone that paid attention to my post during primary knows I am not a fan of dude

I am just challenging bad political takes

Either way

Do whatever the **** you want that makes you happy. Vote, don't vote, vote GOP. I don't care
Does Biden give you hope?

Dude the Dems are probably gonna take big losses in the midterms.

That is usual for the incumbent party. Biden and the Dems has somethings working against them that is out of their control.

Dems voters need to show up to do as much as they can and hopefully keep the Senate

And I don't have much hope. The Dems, and the left generally need a run of luck for things to not get too bad.

But things being near hopeless is still not a reason for people to just give up and let a fascist party completely takeover.

If things get all the way bad, then people will need to focus on helping those getting the worse of it.

I understand the frustration, but I enjoy rights today because people didn't give up when things looked hopeless. Most never got to enjoy them either.

Giving up just seems like the easy way out, and a betrayal of people I swear I care about

I know dems going take Ls, so they need to do shh now.. which is my point

If they don’t capitalize now, why should there be any hope when we know what’s coming

I wish I was joking about the Hillary part.. her and hunter better be ready

I know dems going take Ls, so they need to do shh now.. which is my point

If they don’t capitalize now, why should there be any hope when we know what’s coming

I wish I was joking about the Hillary part.. her and hunter better be ready
Famb, it is not "the Dems" generally

It is Manchin and Sinema

A few near misses have put the party's legislative agenda under the control of two bought trolls

We can yell at Biden, Pelosi, and the Dems all day. They are not the ones holding things up

Famb, it is not "the Dems" generally

It is Manchin and Sinema

A few near misses have put the party's legislative agenda under the control of two bought trolls

We can yell at Biden, Pelosi, and the Dems all day. They are not the ones holding things up

I know.. but when you think they going get this chance again?

And ain’t just them… obviously they’re horrible, but others need a healthy level of fear too

I know.. but when you think they going get this chance again?

And ain’t just them… obviously they’re horrible, but others need a healthy level of fear too
By the looks for it

At the earliest in 15-20 years, best case scenario

And famb, it is them. We had the vote. They were the only two to vote against dropping the filibuster to past voting rights legislation. They are the only two that shank BBB. Sure other people have done bad stuff. Some might be hiding behind those two.

But it is those two ******* everyone.

Most voters don't engage in both side's BS though

We are living in highly partisan times

The people that are gonna suffer the most, are the people that are the most reliable Democratic voters.

Which are black southerners

I just can't rock with other people's lives being made worse, quicker, just because I am frustrated at how the country is going, and a subset of bad actors.

I am an affluent person that could move to a liberal metro area if things get bad, or even leave the country. Most people, doing the right thing, can't do that. So yeah it might be easy for me to buying into some accelerationist strategy, but I don't because I know groups of people I care about, my allies, gonna catch it worse than me.
Believe me when I say that I understand your position.

The reality is though, 1 out of 2 voters just don't care until **** hits the fan, and it's impossible for the half that does care to carry out the civic duties of the half that doesn't.

This issue is essentially what people with means from developing countries face when discussing the possibility of moving away, and they decide to emigrate because they realize that too few around them give enough of a **** to want things to be better for their neighbor and not just themselves.

I don't think people who are being critical of Democrats are giving up; I know I'm not. However, it isn't realistic to think that those who support Democrats can get somewhere in this fight when the leadership of the Democratic party doesn't even acknowledge the type of fight it's in. How can we expect to have a chance to turn things around when our Democratic leaders refuse to acknowledge the true nature of the GOP? They're palling around with people who tried to get them killed a mere year ago! Everyday, they're going to work with these people and calling them "friends" when they know these guys have been hellbent on tearing down democracy in this country.

On top of that, the leadership shows more willingness to throw the members of their own party under the bus, to the benefit of the RW messaging machine. We see how they are blaming progressives for the centrist BS (even though we all saw progressives compromise time and time again to give Biden and the rest of Dems something to campaign on in 2022); the party's own members openly criticize the president's agenda without so much as a reprimand from the leadership, to the delight of the right wing donors; and we see some, like the NYC mayor, returning to third-way democratic policies, even though we know they failed then and they don't have a chance to succeed today.

How do you expect to win a war when your own generals are advertising the weak points of your army? That's the real frustration here. The Dem leadership is wasting our time, and folks are right to ask which side are they really on.

Ok, so we agree.

You can be mad at me idc, but don’t paint me as not caring. You might think differently than me but at the end of the day I think we want the same things for the most part.
I don't think we agree as much as you think

And again, do whatever the **** you want

By the looks for it

At the earliest in 15-20 years, best case scenario

And famb, it is them. We had the vote. They were the only two to vote against dropping the filibuster to past voting rights legislation. They are the only two that shank BBB. Sure other people have done bad stuff. Some might be hiding behind those two.

But it is those two ****ing everyone.

those 2 are terrible

but a lot of people got blood on their hands

if republicans controlled things and it was dems behind January 6th, how soon do you think we would have had known every single person with any sort of name recognition that could go back to the DNC?

Back
Top Bottom