***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Im not as hopeful.

We'll fall into a minority rule of ultra conservatives that concentrate power in the police and capital state. The people they're hurting will have no recourse for making things better. Voting will be (actually) worthless with how the QOP is actively and, in some cases successfully, illegitimizing elections. Armed rebellion, as so many forms of media like to glamorize, will be impossible. Economic protest will be pointless since there's no alternative options (they get bought by the oligarchs).

If SCOTUS tears it down, there is no building it back up.

i'm with you.. but at this point, i legit want to see how all of this mess will be dealt with

and the only way i can now see things getting better, legit better, is if they get worse

it's going to unfortunately have to get painfully obvious, even more so than it is now or has been.. even to those heavily involved and should know better

the media, who have continued to both sides shh or continue to treat politics like sports

the people who dont take the obvious stuff being done as threats or seeing the bigger picture.. or the people who continue to make excuses when people blatantly say just exactly what theyre going do
This is the unfortunate truth.

It took Americans clogging hospitals and morgues with daily 9/11 death tolls to get them to understand the danger of a second Trump term.

It will take Americans seeing their friends and family being ostracized for being different to get them to see what the GOP is.

Im not as hopeful.

We'll fall into a minority rule of ultra conservatives that concentrate power in the police and capital state. The people they're hurting will have no recourse for making things better. Voting will be (actually) worthless with how the QOP is actively and, in some cases successfully, illegitimizing elections. Armed rebellion, as so many forms of media like to glamorize, will be impossible. Economic protest will be pointless since there's no alternative options (they get bought by the oligarchs).

If SCOTUS tears it down, there is no building it back up.
America is geographically polarizing and there are less and less swing voters, which means that this scenario is more likely to be a transition state between the US as we know it and a full break up of the country between mostly red and mostly blue states.

To the delight of Xi, Putin, and Khomeini.

I'm am not hopeful things will turn out great or good in my lifetime, but I am not gonna be a defeatist either

Anything to make anyone's life a little better, or step-up future generations to score some victories is worth it

The GOP has been able to score so many victories because the left lower their guard

I agree with that but I’m also no going to sit around and wait for change either if it gets to that point.

I’m hopeful for gen z though. Those kids can be terrifying if they want to be. :lol:

i'm with you.. but at this point, i legit want to see how all of this mess will be dealt with

and the only way i can now see things getting better, legit better, is if they get worse

it's going to unfortunately have to get painfully obvious, even more so than it is now or has been.. even to those heavily involved and should know better

the media, who have continued to both sides shh or continue to treat politics like sports

the people who dont take the obvious stuff being done as threats or seeing the bigger picture.. or the people who continue to make excuses when people blatantly say just exactly what theyre going do
Or it can get worse, and worse, and worse, and stay that way for a long while

People learn the hard way, but that doesn't mean they will have the power to reverse the damage done

Look at how many people wished a Trump presidency so people on the left could wake up to the dangers of the GOP

Well they did, and in the four years it took for Trump to be pushed out of office, he was able to appoint 3 Supreme Court justices

I think that "let things get worse" always seems to be attached to some thinking that things will naturally rebound as quickly as they got bad.

But it usually doesn't work like that

Things don’t just get better after they get worse.

For example, Minneapolis burnt down a police station and Kim potter is going to be free in less than two years.

Things don’t just get better after they get worse.

For example, Minneapolis burnt down a police station and Kim potter is going to be free in less than two years.
The judge that handed out that sentence won the election uncontested.

The GOP got two SCOTUS seats because of lower than expected turnout from Democratic voters in back-to-back

Republicans always tell their voters that elections have consequences, every single one. It took them decades to get to this point, they came back from the brink numerous times, always cashed in on the bit of luck they had.

I am sympathetic to the anger people feel from seeing this nonsense over and over, but I am not to the arguments that folk should just give up because certain things are inevitable.

Who needs a wall
PZDZIrR.png

Or it can get worse, and worse, and worse, and stay that way for a long while

People learn the hard way, but that doesn't mean they will have the power to reverse the damage done

Look at how many people wished a Trump presidency so people on the left could wake up to the dangers of the GOP

Well they did, and in the four years it took for Trump to be pushed out of office, he was able to appoint 3 Supreme Court justices

I think that "let things get worse" always seems to be attached to some thinking that things will naturally rebound as quickly as they got bad.

But it usually doesn't work like that

things are going get a whole lot worse..

part of me might think it’s best if the band aid jsut gets ripped off and people have to actually deal with shhh instead of continuing the both sides BS

there is no reason to be hopeful. I'm stacking for a move If need be in 10-20 years.

problem globally, the world is getting F’d at the same time as all of this is going down

as the major countries continue to cater to companies and their profits on their citizens and the future, we’re f’d

sad to say, but for anyone in here with kids or thinking of having kids gotta seriously consider the world they’ll have

problem globally, the world is getting F’d at the same time as all of this is going down

as the major countries continue to cater to companies and their profits on their citizens and the future, we’re f’d

sad to say, but for anyone in here with kids or thinking of having kids gotta seriously consider the world they’ll have

That’s true, some places in Europe are going through it too and got it worse than us with some new dictators.

We wouldn't be so f`ed if half the American people weren't okay with this BS. This is who we are. Half of us anyways.

I just look at what propaganda is being run here in Texas. "Scary brown people. Cling to your guns. Trump!!!" And this is in a minority state. Too many people either don't care or will sit at home if they don't get everything they want. You don't pass their purity test by 100 percent they'll vote for some third party who'll get a fraction of the vote.

things are going get a whole lot worse..

part of me might think it’s best if the band aid jsut gets ripped off and people have to actually deal with shhh instead of continuing the both sides BS
Most voters don't engage in both side's BS though

We are living in highly partisan times

The people that are gonna suffer the most, are the people that are the most reliable Democratic voters.

Which are black southerners

I just can't rock with other people's lives being made worse, quicker, just because I am frustrated at how the country is going, and a subset of bad actors.

I am an affluent person that could move to a liberal metro area if things get bad, or even leave the country. Most people, doing the right thing, can't do that. So yeah it might be easy for me to buying into some accelerationist strategy, but I don't because I know groups of people I care about, my allies, gonna catch it worse than me.

It's a little surprising to me there's still MORE US sanctions left to hurt Russia. Would have thought we sanctioned them to oblivion after they annexed Crimea, and even more so after involving themselves in our elections. How do we have any rounds left in the mag?

Most voters don't engage in both side's BS though

We are living in highly partisan times

The people that are gonna suffer the most, are the people that are the most reliable Democratic voters.

Which are black southerners

I just can't rock with other people's lives being made worse, quicker, just because I am frustrated at how the country is going, and a subset of bad actors.

I am an affluent person that could move to a liberal metro area if things get bad, or even leave the country. Most people, doing the right thing, can't do that. So yeah it might be easy for me to buying into some accelerationist strategy, but I don't because I know groups of people I care about, my allies, gonna catch it worse than me.

But we both know what’s going happen and ain’t shh going happen until people are which going be way to late

It already doesn’t matter what the majority wants and is getting worse

Only a matter of time before even having the majority in the right places won’t even matter

Hell even certain victories haven’t mattered because powers have been stripped

We going find out real soon how ugly shh can be

It's a little surprising to me there's still MORE US sanctions left to hurt Russia. Would have thought we sanctioned them to oblivion after they annexed Crimea, and even more so after involving themselves in our elections. How do we have any rounds left in the mag?
Half measures are why Putin can still move the way he moves. Sad days. Biden needs to enact the full measures and end their economy.

But we both know what’s going happen and ain’t shh going happen until people are which going be way to late

It already doesn’t matter what the majority wants and is getting worse

Only a matter of time before even having the majority in the right places won’t even matter

Hell even certain victories haven’t mattered because powers have been stripped

We going find out real soon how ugly shh can be
Things got bad because people acted like **** didn't matter

Acting like **** doesn't matter, will guarantee things get worse

I am not denying things look bad, and things will get worse, probably much worse. How worse is still up in the air, and any bit of harm reduction is worth fighting for.

But I just don't see how letting things go to complete **** in hopes that there is some specular rebound is a coherent strategy

Last edited:
Things got bad because people acted like **** didn't matter

Acting like **** doesn't matter, will guarantee things get worse

I am not denying things look bad, and things will get worse, how worse is still up in the air.

But I just don't see how letting things go to complete **** in hopes that there is some specular rebound is a coherent strategy

If dems really can’t capitalize now, the tiny bit of hope I got left is gone

The US is going be a shh show for at least a decade

And republicans willing to let the whole thing burn as long as certain people get to hold the matches

Can’t wait to see when Hillary is back in for hearings

Back
Top Bottom