***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Smmmmmhhhhhh

Yes, I'm sure this is the exact intent of the bill:

It instructs school leaders to “develop a plan, using all available governmental resources,” to inform parents about their children's sexual orientation “through an open dialogue in a safe, supportive, and judgment-free environment that respects the parent-child relationship and protects the mental, emotional, and physical well-being of the student.”

I really thought I could get through TWO pages in here without disappointing me nor making me anxious

F3E50C7F-1D90-4B65-B125-5E611F1B71CD.gif

On the Senate floor, Josh Hawley, the Missouri Republican who later attempted to discredit the results of the 2020 Presidential election, declared that Gorsuch’s opinion marked the end of “the conservative legal project as we know it”—the “originalist” jurisprudence, prominent since the nineteen-eighties, that claims to be guided by the textual intent of the Founding Fathers. It was time, Hawley said, for “religious conservatives to take the lead.” Four months later, that new era unofficially began, when Barrett joined the Court.

Nelson Tebbe, a constitutional-law professor at Cornell, told me that most religious-freedom litigation is now “being brought by the largest religious groups, including Protestant evangelicals and Catholics.” Tebbe explained that these litigants would likely say that such lawsuits have become necessary “because the government has become more progressive, and more willing to regulate long-cherished beliefs and practices.” Various Christian groups have framed the recognition of same-sex marriage, civil-rights protections for L.G.B.T.Q. people, and the guarantees of contraception coverage under the A.C.A. as violations of other Americans’ right to exercise their religion.

It’s an argument that assertively expands the scope of the free-exercise clause to cover not just worship, proselytizing, and religious education but, increasingly, activities in the public square that impinge directly on other people—such as refusing to get vaccinated or to provide wedding goods for a same-sex couple. Robert Tuttle, a law professor at the George Washington University who writes extensively about the religion clauses, described this phenomenon as trying to “insure that the faithful can exempt themselves from norms that legal or majoritarian processes have changed.” He went on, “The battle is to get control of institutions, reverse these norms, and reinstate a moral order compatible with their faith.”

why cant these people put this energy into the quality of lives of children and the poor

or keeping people alive, so pushing for something to happen with guns

there are so many actually "good" causes these people could take on

affordable housing for everyone.. affordable healthcare.. gun control.. making sure everyone has a decent meal on a regular basis

there are so many actually "good" causes these people could take on

affordable housing for everyone.. affordable healthcare.. gun control.. making sure everyone has a decent meal on a regular basis
Surely, you don't want people to confuse them with good Christians, do you?

let it burn

certain people unfortunately need to learn the hard way
I can never rock with this sentiment

A ton of innocent people, that do the right thing, and fight against conservative nonsense are gonna have their lives made worse

To me, that is never worth it to have that happen, just so a subset of people can "learn the hard way"

I can never rock with this sentiment

A ton of innocent people, that do the right thing, and fight against conservative nonsense are gonna have their lives made worse

To me, that is never worth it to have that happen, just so a subset of people can "learn the hard way"

i'm with you.. but at this point, i legit want to see how all of this mess will be dealt with

and the only way i can now see things getting better, legit better, is if they get worse

it's going to unfortunately have to get painfully obvious, even more so than it is now or has been.. even to those heavily involved and should know better

the media, who have continued to both sides shh or continue to treat politics like sports

the people who dont take the obvious stuff being done as threats or seeing the bigger picture.. or the people who continue to make excuses when people blatantly say just exactly what theyre going do

Back
Top Bottom