***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Democrats might as well be republicans lol!
2D115F06-FE17-4B9B-815C-AEA069B017FA.png
I get what she's trying to say, a racist Republican's worst nightmare is to have their daughter have a mixed baby, but man that came out really really wrong.

I’d sincerely like to have Justice Alito explain how the freedom to pursue the medical treatment that you deem appropriate without federal intervention is not a traditional liberty enjoyed since… forever.

I haven’t read the full draft opinion, but I think it removes federal intervention and leaves it to the states.

This stuff is extremely scary

Dudes remember, dwalk31 dwalk31 is here to troll and antagonize.

No matter how well meaning his questions seem, remember he is a troll.

Don't waste your time

also remember that in spite of over 50 years worth of evidence, he cant/wont call trump a racist

a convenient link for those who may not believe that trump has over 50 years worth of evidence of him being a blatant racist

an allegedly black man from the south, cant bring himself to call trump a racist on a message board

First i want to say i am pro choice.

But assuming Roe gets overturned and it is left to the states to decide does anyone think this turns previous red states blue? If candidates can now basically run on a pro-choice platform and get women out to vote does that bode well for Dems? I hate to politicize something that i see as a right all women should have but it was just a fleeting thought.

I also would be more then willing to donate to travel funds to get women abortion access if they need to travel to a different state to seek proper care. I hope that doesn't become the norm but i hope all women who need it have proper care and access to abortions.

I hope Roberts gets called out for this by Congress members and journalists.

You can't talk about keeping the court impartial when you handwave the fact that the spouse of a justice is affiliated with groups that want to tear down one of the institutions you preside over.

But assuming Roe gets overturned and it is left to the states to decide does anyone think this turns previous red states blue? If candidates can now basically run on a pro-choice platform and get women out to vote does that bode well for Dems? I hate to politicize something that i see as a right all women should have but it was just a fleeting thought.

I also would be more then willing to donate to travel funds to get women abortion access if they need to travel to a different state to seek proper care. I hope that doesn't become the norm but i hope all women who need it have proper care and access to abortions.

I think it might flip a purple state. But states, like Texas, are probably not turning blue. Roe has been essentially overturned in Texas since September of last year.

I'm not so sure,

Women's and men's opinion on abortion aren't that wildly different,
and less educated people tend to be more pro life.

Red states typically have lower levels of education and are more pro life
so it's unclear to me how restricting abortion would really lead to a democratic wave.

I guess it would depend on a couple factors imo

How far does the GOP take it?
do they go for total bans without exceptions for rape and incest, life of the mother?
do they run a lot of pro life activist candidates who say crazy stuff about a rape being a blessing?

that kind of stuff I think could produce a backlash,
but 6 week abortion bans in red states I don't think will

I’d sincerely like to have Justice Alito explain how the freedom to pursue the medical treatment that you deem appropriate without federal intervention is not a traditional liberty enjoyed since… forever.
He'll do it, develop amnesia as soon as Ivermectin is pronounced, and take the opposite stance without skipping a beat :lol:

Nah, because republicans are working on all of these things in tandem. You gut the VRA so that when it’s time to make these states’ issues, it’s more difficult than ever for people who would vote with Dems or be pro-choice will have a more difficult time voting.

Remember that guy who said women should just "enjoy rape"? He thought he was gold because his district was R+17. Yeah, well, he lost to a Dem last night. It was a special election, too. It could be a sign of things to come in certain places.

Back
Top Bottom