***Official Political Discussion Thread***

DxfqHwKUcAAFBs5.jpg

“Ignore the people you dont agree with” is weird advice on a politics discussion thread.

But I mean, I don’t seek out his non-quantitative commentary. I’m just not happy that it’s out there influencing people? Like, I lost a lot of respect for Nate over the last 4 years. That’s all I was originally expressing.

If your desire is to engage with people you disagree with

Saying they should "Shut up and dribble" is a funny way of doing that.

Saying they should "Shut up and dribble" is a funny way of doing that.

I thought it was pretty obvious that choosing that particular phrase indicated a certain amount of irony.

Nate is a very good quantitative modeler and a pretty good quantitative analyst. When he allows numbers to guide his commentary, it tends to be ok. But he’s gone into the business of fairly unjustified hot takes that are simply channeling a particular flavor of commentariat zeitgeist. It’s lazy, and he can do better and has done better. I don’t begrudge him his opinion, I just wish he was more consistent with his rigor (dribbling).

The Oregonian said that most of the remaining ballots are from Multnomah County (Portland).
I know. I still think it's preemptive. Betsy has more pull than you'd imagine in Multnomah, and all it takes is a few % points of Dems protest voting for her to get Drazan back in it.

That said, I'm happy Kotek is projecting towards a relatively safe win :pimp:

I mean if you look at NYC and how the highways were built in the 50s and 60s you can see exactly that.

They did it here too with two interstates. Believe it or not my conservative friend was giving me the run down on it all how they destroyed prospering black neighborhoods.

My guy is a walking talking text book on st paul.

Back
Top Bottom